Author Topic: If you are forced into a twelve step program  (Read 191 times)

J Bananas

If you are forced into a twelve step program
« on: June 04, 2005, 12:39:30 AM »
Tell the judge fuck you. The court can't madate a 12 step program to "reabilitate" me through the means of submitting to God. The government has no right to force religion on us, it is criminal and a step backwards. atleast thats what im saying at the probation hearing. Anybody else here who has been part of this brainwashing should step up and sue the government!

ecrazy

Re: If you are forced into a twelve step program
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 01:24:23 AM »
They are Forcing you to go to church, or trying to get you to stop using drugs or drinking??? if its for that, Rehab for drugs and drinking have you focus on hobbies and stuff and sing along to songs and shit to make you stop from doing all that...What county u live in??

Matrix Heart

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 08:12:35 AM »
http://www.aclu.org, http://www.atheists.org   <<<Ask for advise and possibly a lawyer if this gets out of hand.

Fuck him and George W. Bush.

What did you do?

Something similar...http://www.aclu.org/ReproductiveRights/ReproductiveRights.cfm?ID=18280&c=30

---
The following contact information is for the Northern California affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union. While you can contact the affiliate directly, you can also read about some of work that the affiliate is engaged in by clicking on one of the links on the left and right of this page.

ACLU of Northern California
Executive Director: Dorothy M. Ehrlich
1663 Mission Street, Suite 460
San Francisco, CA 94103
Phone: 415-621-2493

http://www.aclu.org/Affiliates/SubsiteDetail.cfm?Subsite=CaliforniaNorthern
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 08:23:38 AM by K A I N »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 08:24:21 AM »
fuck that, how can u be forced to do a god based practice, fuck that, btw, i like the hoodie in your avatar

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 08:46:52 AM »
fuck that, how can u be forced to do a god based practice, fuck that, btw, i like the hoodie in your avatar

Just wondering if you got my response to your PM. I'm not sure if it was sent. You get it?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 09:23:25 AM »
^ yes, i apriciate it

Thirteen

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 12:17:05 PM »
here you go moron...did you actually believe they force you to become christian?

STEP#5: "Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs."

Much of steps four and five have a Biblical ring to them -- if we are talking about the search for and confession of our own sins. This is seldom the case, however, but rather an opportunity to discover who has wronged us in the past. On the other hand, confession of sins to other people should ordinarily be only as broad as those affected by those sins. Keep in mind, as well, that in AA, God can be any form of higher power (even self); therefore, these steps are not the same as confession or repentance of sin as outlined in the Bible. In addition, without the absolutes of Scripture, how is one to decide when he is morally wrong? Is the standard AA, or the majority of people, or one's own heart? Like many false religions, the steps of AA sound very close to Biblical teaching until examined closely.

J Bananas

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 12:21:26 PM »
They are Forcing you to go to church, or trying to get you to stop using drugs or drinking??? if its for that, Rehab for drugs and drinking have you focus on hobbies and stuff and sing along to songs and shit to make you stop from doing all that...What county u live in??

The program is called Narcotics Anonymous, it's a big program in America that instead of relying on yourself you are required to submit to God and seek salvation thru him. And no I didn't think they were forcing me to become Christian, "God" is always used as an umbrella term. But to me, it's all the same horseshit and I don't believe there's some omnipotent force out there coaching us. That being said why the fuck should I have to waste my time with that horseshit.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 06:14:50 PM »
yea that sucks I would sue them.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2005, 05:07:21 PM »
i had this exact same conversation when i got oredered to a 12 step programs, i was like god isn't gonna help me quit, the only person that can do that is me...

Thirteen

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2005, 06:57:36 PM »
hense the reson they say the higher power can be the power of self  ::)

rafsta

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 09:23:10 AM »
man you fool, what you prefer ? being incarcarated or going to some meetings ?

J Bananas

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2005, 10:00:26 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I know, i just got done watching penn and tellers bullshit and realized i was in a weird situation. i wont argue with it, until im in the meetings