Author Topic: Damn, Daz Is 29?  (Read 628 times)

Juice

Re: Damn, Daz Is 29?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2002, 04:25:24 AM »
When In the Hell Did Dre Ruin A Track???

And he's not a Gangsta Rapper anymore, the The Chronic was his last GANGSTA Rap album, correct me if Im wrong

I dont know man, i aint feeling him no more (as a rapper) lately. It's only my personal feeling, i'm not saying that he sucks. He's still the greatest. But i think it's time for him to care more about productions and not about tracks. I dont like his lyrics..

You know what? In general, i dont like those rappers still claiming they live a life (thugs, drug dealers, criminals, guns, nwa, etc..) they aint living no mo'. I know it's just entertainment, of course. But i prefeer underground rappers who are actually LIVING that shit. I prefeer young cats who still got the "I DONT GIVE A FUCK" mentality and not just Dre & Co. who got the "I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU BECAUSE I GOT MONEY" mentality, that's a lil bit different.

Just my feelings, i dunno if you know what i mean. I talked about it with Axle yesterday. They still tight, but.. i dunno... i aint feeling them no more. It's all about being what u rep. If you aint hard no more, dont act hard.

That's why i still like Warren G. He changed his themes and lyrics adapting them to the "NEW" Warren G. Same with the Outlawz.

GANGSTA TRACKS and tracks about HOES are cool, but damn... what's the last SERIOUS track Dre did? Something like 2Pac's Brenda's, or Keep Ya Head Up, or Words Of Wisdom, or Baby Dont Cry, etc..? His tracks are monothematics. But hey.. he's not a lyricist, that's why i'm saying i want him to retire as a rapper.

That's not a diss, dont get me wrong. I just wanna hear a "NEW" Dr.Dre (if it's possible, but i dont think so), an UPDATED one, lol. He's changed as a man (at least i hope so), but his music is the same (if you cut THE WATCHER, actually the only REAL track from CHRONIC 2001, the album u called "gangsta rap"). He aint reflecting his changes. Because he aint real.

Feel me?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2002, 01:30:07 PM »
Dre was never a lyricist and with average production his songs would be wack. I wouldn't care if he stopped rappin but he needs to keep on producin

As for Daz actin like he's 17, true dat. He's a great producer too, but he never matured lyrically, he's still trippin on the same "Keep it gangsta, fuck hoes, make money" shit. Kurupt is even worse though. He was a dope lyricist back n the days, I fuckin wonder how u can get from spittin this:

Prepare, catch me chillin like the winter
Up against the number one contender, as I enter
Cause I gets heated like friction
Motherfuck your whole jurisdiction, react this fact not fiction
Telepathic addiction, to this homicidal recital
Dangerous and vital to all my rivals
Suicidal, brainwaves conveys
To the average motherfucker's minds these days

to spittin this

When you see me in the street best believe I got heat
I'm a gangsta nigga, I'm a gangsta nigga, I'm a gangsta nigga
On the grind living life in the fast lane motherfucker
Making money and the fame for a mutha fucking gangsta nigga

He's 27 if I got that right
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2002, 02:25:21 PM »
Dre was never a lyricist but he wrote some lyrics back n tha N.W.A. days and he never 'ruined' a track.
Still D.R.E. is one of the dopest(if not the dopest) tracks Dre did since his comeback and Snoop's only on tha hook.
Dre drops all verses of that track.
I think people only say he' ain't no good rapper cuz he ain't writin his lyrics.
He got an ill style and he flows dope in his tracks.
Why are HIS tracks mostly betta than tracks that are only produced by him if he was wack?

I prefeer young cats who still got the "I DONT GIVE A FUCK" mentality and not just Dre & Co. who got the "I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU BECAUSE I GOT MONEY" mentality, that's a lil bit different.

it ain't a rappers fault that he ain't no 'young cat' no more.
When Dre sais he ain't doin that shit just to stay in tha game or earning more money cuz he has enough money(Hello) than that's a fact.

if you cut THE WATCHER, actually the only REAL track from CHRONIC 2001

What about The Message?
Dre ain't no lyricist (and he ain't claiming) so that's why his lyrics are often about similar shit but if there's some real shit like his brother being killed than he rapps about it.

As for his Gangsta lyrics

He ain't livin tha Gangsta life cuz he ain't have to but why ain't he allowed to rap about this shit.
Nobody's goin at Crooked I for rappin about this shit although he never was a G and he ain't even smokin weed or shit.

Juice

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2002, 09:13:17 PM »
Still D.R.E. is one of the dopest(if not the dopest) tracks Dre did since his comeback and Snoop's only on tha hook.
Dre drops all verses of that track.

You sure? I thought Jay-Z wrote the rymes?

As for his Gangsta lyrics.. He ain't livin tha Gangsta life cuz he ain't have to but why ain't he allowed to rap about this shit. Nobody's goin at Crooked I for rappin about this shit although he never was a G and he ain't even smokin weed or shit.

I aint going against Dre and not against Crooked I. It's the same for all those commercial rapper who doesnt live that life (no more). Crooked I is rolling with Suge, so somehow he got some respect on the streets (and some hate). But i was talking in general, not only against Dre.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2002, 11:36:38 PM »

You sure? I thought Jay-Z wrote the rymes?

He did

Juice

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2002, 02:41:22 AM »
He did

LOL.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2002, 12:04:23 PM »
I know Jay-Z wrote the lyrics.
But Dre's the rapper who drops them on the track.
He makes the track sound dope with his way of rapping although he didn't write the lyrics.
Do u think the song would sound as dope as he does if Jay-Z-would be the rapper?

Juice

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2002, 12:31:04 PM »
I know Jay-Z wrote the lyrics.
But Dre's the rapper who drops them on the track.
He makes the track sound dope with his way of rapping although he didn't write the lyrics.
Do u think the song would sound as dope as he does if Jay-Z-would be the rapper?

Hell yeah.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2002, 04:32:31 PM »
Ba-cK to the original topik...Daz ain't 29 - he 27. I know ya'll think I'm wrong, but remember Daz waz only 17 when he did the Chronic. That waz 10 yearz ago, you do tha math. Peace!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

BL7

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2002, 05:22:49 PM »
Ba-cK to the original topik...Daz ain't 29 - he 27. I know ya'll think I'm wrong, but remember Daz waz only 17 when he did the Chronic. That waz 10 yearz ago, you do tha math. Peace!

Actually he is 29. On tha outro of his new album he said somethin' like ''now that I've reached tha age of 29...''.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2002, 05:53:20 PM »

Actually he is 29. On tha outro of his new album he said somethin' like ''now that I've reached tha age of 29...''.

Yeah, and we know how honest Daz iz::).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

BL7

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2002, 06:30:28 PM »

Yeah, and we know how honest Daz iz::).

Well, he might be lying but why would he need to?

WiCkEd

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2002, 06:47:29 PM »
DAMN DAZ 29 !!!! HE'S A YOUNG MOTHERFUCKER ;D

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2002, 07:33:32 AM »

I really don't like Jigga for what he's doin at the moment but he is a gifted lyricist. I don't think he'd write a verse similiar to the ones on "Still D.R.E." for himself, they were written for Dre, they fit to his voice and his way of rappin. As for the content it would be hilarious to hear Jay-Z spittin

Dr. Dre is the name, I'm ahead of my game
Still, puffing my leafs, still fuck with the beats
Still not loving police
Still rock my khakis with a cuff and a crease
Still got love for the streets, repping 213
Still the beats bang, still doing my thang
Since I left, ain't too much changed

So it's hard to answer that question

Don Seer

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2002, 09:14:57 AM »
Who cares? 37 or 40... he's older than Daz! And he's pretty old for a rapper, expecially for a "gangsta" rapper. IMO.

He betta produce without ruining tracks no mo'.

Who cares?
we care you keep making stuff up... and lieingexaggerating...

Dre was never a lyricist and with average production his songs would be wack. I wouldn't care if he stopped rappin but he needs to keep on producin

As for Daz actin like he's 17, true dat. He's a great producer too, but he never matured lyrically, he's still trippin on the same "Keep it gangsta, fuck hoes, make money" shit. Kurupt is even worse though. He was a dope lyricist back n the days, I fuckin wonder how u can get from spittin this:

Prepare, catch me chillin like the winter
Up against the number one contender, as I enter
Cause I gets heated like friction
Motherfuck your whole jurisdiction, react this fact not fiction
Telepathic addiction, to this homicidal recital
Dangerous and vital to all my rivals
Suicidal, brainwaves conveys
To the average motherfucker's minds these days

to spittin this

When you see me in the street best believe I got heat
On the grind living life in the fast lane motherfucker
Making money and the fame for a mutha fucking gangsta nigga

He's 27 if I got that right

that first verse is a kurupt verse.
daz doesnt even drop a verse on New York New York.