Author Topic: Trying To Rip The New DJ Quik "Fandango" vinyl....help  (Read 312 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Trying To Rip The New DJ Quik "Fandango" vinyl....help
« on: June 10, 2005, 05:07:26 PM »
I got this vinyl and I want to rip it so everyone can have all the versions on it, but not sure how to go about doing this....if anyone could help me out, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Woodrow

Re: Trying To Rip The New DJ Quik "Fandango" vinyl....help
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 05:13:11 PM »
When I used to rip vinyl, I'd use an RCA to Headphone jack converter I got at Radio Shack, and plug the headphone jack into my "Line in" port on my soundcard. I'd then use soundforge to record the songs and cut/clean them up.

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 05:18:06 PM »
When I used to rip vinyl, I'd use an RCA to Headphone jack converter I got at Radio Shack, and plug the headphone jack into my "Line in" port on my soundcard. I'd then use soundforge to record the songs and cut/clean them up.

yup, that's probably the easiest way.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 05:31:02 PM »
ok I got it all hooked up, and I can hear the songs playing through my computer speakers now, but when I hit record in either Cool Edit, or Sound Recorder it ju records air...any ideas?

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 05:47:23 PM »
Can you change the input settings on the program?

Either that or plug the headphone jack into another input?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 05:48:55 PM by Woodrow »

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 06:08:58 PM »
Can you change the input settings on the program?

Either that or plug the headphone jack into another input?

I don't see anyway of changing the input settings on either program.....I plugged the headphone jack into another input, and it comes out my computer speakers just fine, but when I hit record in either program, it's as if no music is playing...because usually when music is playing the wave is bouncing up and down to the beat and whatnot but now it's just a straight line all the way accross :(

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 06:15:32 PM »
Hmmm, I'm rusty as hell because It's been a long time since I've done it, but perhpas you could change the device it's recording from?

I do remember using a program called total recorder to rip some things. You may want to check Kazza or a program like that for a full version.

If you do go that route, be sure to back up your settings first because I seem to remember it fucked with my EQ a whole bunch.

Here's a link

http://www.download.com/Total-Recorder-Standard-Edition/3000-2169_4-10368127.html?tag=lst-0-1

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 06:20:48 PM »
I was just recommended a program called "Audacity", so I downloaded and installed it, but the same things happens :( I play it on my record player, can hear it coming through the computer speakers, but when I hit record (even though I can still hear the music) nothing is recording :(

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 06:43:14 PM »
most computers have some kind of Audio configuration program.  There should be a little eq type thing, and you can choose whether it's recording a line/Aux/Wav, just play around with it.

Woodrow

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 06:46:07 PM »
I was just recommended a program called "Audacity", so I downloaded and installed it, but the same things happens :( I play it on my record player, can hear it coming through the computer speakers, but when I hit record (even though I can still hear the music) nothing is recording :(
Give that Total Recorder a shot.

That Audacity looks more like a sound editing program than a recording program.

I had the same problems as you back then, and it struck me as strange that it was this tough to get sound from one source to another. You'd think microsoft would get their heads outta their asses and make a quick/easy fix for this.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 08:16:11 PM »
Good call on that Total Recorder program! I had to get the professional for ripping vinyls, but was able to do that and get a crack to make it work....only downfall is, when I record a track, at the 1 minute mark the volume gets dramatically louder and goes the rest of the track that way...know anyway to combat this?

Lucien

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm no longer a supporter of westcoast rap...
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 02:43:37 AM »
I have my turntable connected to a cd recorder... the only thing I have to do is press on record. after that I clean the track up with streambox ripper. btw so you are the guy who bought the 12'' off ebay?  ;)

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2005, 02:45:40 AM »
whats the tracklist for the single?

Lucien

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm no longer a supporter of westcoast rap...
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2005, 03:17:26 AM »
clean, dirty, instrumental, acapella

Woodrow

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2005, 11:57:16 AM »
Good call on that Total Recorder program! I had to get the professional for ripping vinyls, but was able to do that and get a crack to make it work....only downfall is, when I record a track, at the 1 minute mark the volume gets dramatically louder and goes the rest of the track that way...know anyway to combat this?
maybe you could record 1 min of silence, then start the track and edit it up once it's finished?

I never had anything like that happen  :-\