Author Topic: favorite non rap songs/albums/artists/bands  (Read 183 times)

Acgrundy

favorite non rap songs/albums/artists/bands
« on: June 12, 2005, 02:10:38 PM »
I'll just list some of my fav bands/artists:

red hot chilli peppers
sublime
social distortion
old offspring
micheal jackson
doors
eagles
bob marley
pink floyd

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: favorite non rap songs/albums/artists/bands
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 02:13:10 PM »
o man, ok,

THE BEATLES  & Solos Especially John Lennon, Led zeppelin, pink floyd, beach boys, eric clapton, queen,buddy holly, Jimi Hendrix, The doors, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, black sabath,Elton John,Billy Joel, Simon & garfunkel, Rolling stones, The who, Bruce Springsteen, Aerosmith,  red hot chili peppers, coldplay,weezer, blink 182,the strokes, Linkin Park, the postal service, modest mouse, the mars volta, nerd, oasis, Death Cab For CUtie, Something corporate, Sting & the Police, Franz Ferdinand, Muse, French Kicks, Dave Mathews band, The shins, The killers, the bravery, white stripes, hives, Nirvana, No Doubt, Green Day, Sublime, Rage Against the machine, &  lauryn hill, al green, marvin gaye, barry white,Bob Marley, michael jackson,the streets,Portishead, daft punk,Norah Jones,

theres probly a lot more but ye

Throwback

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 02:21:50 PM »
the beatles, the who, the doors, the rolling stones, pink floyd, led zep, audio bullys, herr arter, laidback luke, franz ferdinand, don diablo, jamiroquai, kaiser chiefs, incubus, jamie cullum etc..

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 02:35:37 PM »
well, I´ll just do a few

Sublime, No Doubt, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Red Hot Chili Peppers, John Frusciante, Jimi Hendrix, Grateful Dead, Uriah Heep, Mars Volta, Mad Caddies, The Doors, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Green Day, Nirvana, Lagwagon, The Adjusters, Bob Marley, Cake, Radiohead, Coldplay, Portishead, Massive Attack, Bjork, Peter Tosh, Miles Davis, Marvin Gaye, Gomez, Genesis, Oasis, Guns N Roses, The Libertines, Sparta, Sonic Youth, Morcheeba, Descendents, Youth Brigade, The Clash, Joni Mitchell, NOFX, Catch 22, Ignite, Tom Waits, Simon & Garfunkel, Peter Gabriel, Rancid, Queen, Barry White, Curtis Mayfield, Social Distortion, The Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, Neil Young, Free, deep purple, Parliament, Funkadelic, Zapp, George Clinton, Max Romeo, Desmond Dekker, Linton Kwesi Johnson, Jimmy Cliff, (Toots &) The Maytals, Madness, The Slackers, Sly & The Family Stone
...etc

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 05:20:41 PM »
god damn...SO MANY!

i'll list the ones i listen to all the time...Ray Charless, Fats Domino, the beatles, the doors, the who, led zeppelin, jimi hendrix, rolling stones, chuck berry, FRANK SINATRA, u2, black sabbath, the gorrilaz, ...then when im up in the morning my mom is always playing stevie wonder and the bee gees..so i've grown to really like  em since i have to eat listening to them lol...everytime i hear a stevie wonder track, i think of kellogs cereal  ;D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 06:33:09 PM »
the beatles
sublime
billy joel
simon and garfunkel
jimi hendrix
pink floyd
parliment
dave matthews band
weezer
tom petty
eric clapton
michael jackson
justin timberlake
dispatch
no doubt

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 07:28:20 PM »
I listen to a lot of old soul/funk music, but besides that I like a lot of that pop rock stuff.  lol

Green Day "Dookie" is one of my favorite non-hip-hop albums.

System of a Down is dope too.

I have a lot of old rock like Jethro Tull, The Doors, I like the old rock that incorporated a lot of other instruments.

I was raised on Dean Maritin, so he's one of my favorites too. 

Dean Martin > Frank Sinatra (imo)

ecrazy

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 07:34:45 PM »
Favorite Bands and Artists:
Incubus, Sublime, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Green Day, No Doubt, Parliment Funkadelic, Al Green, Stevie Wonder, Micheal Jackson, Millencolin, Bouncing Souls, Gorillaz, No Doubt, Weezer, Taproot, Metallica, Limp Bizkit, Marvin Gaye, Miles Davis, um, Damn, i need time to think

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2005, 07:37:27 PM »
The Beatles first and foremost. Greatest band ever. Cream, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Eric Clapton, The Guess Who, Sly and The Family Stone, Jimi Hendrix, Johnny Cash, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimmie Vaughan, John Mayall, Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, John lee Hooker, Ray Charles, etc..

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

davida.b.

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2005, 08:14:49 PM »
David Bowie, Slayer, Agnostic Front, Lamb Of God, System Of A Down, Foo Fighters, Curtis Mayfield, Anthrax, Filter, AFI, Green Day, Obituary, Pantera, Hatebreed, Marvin Gaye, Nirvana, KoRn (sue me), Franz Ferdinand, Bruce Springsteen, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Jodeci, Blackstreet, Anita Baker, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mars Volta, Sick Of It All, Megadeath, Sevendust, Jimi Hendrix, Coldplay, etc.

I could go on for days.

Westside Soldier

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2005, 11:53:50 PM »
red hot chilli peppers
korn
limp biskit
rage against the machine
the off spring
christina agulera
ashanti
alaiyah
etc etc etc

Jar Jar

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 10:14:37 AM »
e.g.
Nirvana
Blink 182
The Chemical Bros.
Green Day
Gentleman
Bob Marley
Soehne Mannheims

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 01:51:20 PM »

Dean Martin > Frank Sinatra (imo)

oy...Frank sinarta is the shit!

but we'll agree that the Rat Pack was crazy  ;D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 01:51:54 PM »
Akon
Al green
Alkaline Trio
Aqua
At The Drive In
Beck
Black Street
The Bravery
Daft Punk
Death Cab
Dresden Dolls
Earth, Wind, And Fire
The Faint
Franz Ferdinand
Frou Frou
Gorillaz
Green Day
Gym Class Heroes
Hot Hot Heat
Jack Johnson
Jamiroquai
John Legend
John Mayer
Junior Senior
The Killers
Kings Of Convenience
Mars Volta
Modest Mouse
Motion City Soundtrack
Musiq Soulchild
My Chemical Romance
Norah Jones
Prefuse 73
Prince
Ray Charles
Reggie and the Full Effect
Remy Shand
Rise Against
Tegan and Sara
Thunderbirds Are Now
The Used
Van Hunt
White Stripes

-KIDRENEGADE-

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 02:06:10 PM »
Will probably end up missing out someone but off the top of my head, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Sun Ra, Ornette Coleman, Gil Scott Heron, Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Otis Redding, Stevie Wonder, Parliament/Funkadelic, Sly and the Family Stone, Average White Band, James Brown, The Doors, Pink Floyd, early Genesis (before Phil stepped out from behind the drums), Bob Marley, Jimmy Cliff, Buju Banton, Joao Bosco, Jose Felicano, Nirvana, early Offspring & Green Day, etc, etc