Author Topic: Cam'ron Launching Upscale Clothing Line  (Read 103 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Cam'ron Launching Upscale Clothing Line
« on: June 13, 2005, 02:45:17 PM »
Cam’ron’s fashion forward way of thinking has altered the style code of Hip-Hop from pink to purple to airbrushed Airforce 1’s to fur coats with that distinct Harlem swagger.

Now the Diplomat CEO is about to bring his approach to his own clothing line called Vavali.

“My clothing line is still coming out and I’ve been in Milan lately. It’s coming straight out of Italy,” Cam’ron explained to AllHipHop.com. “What I’m doing now is I’m working the runways so when I come to America, it will already be out in Italy for two years. I’m not doing a sports clothing line. I’m doing a straight up couture clothing line.”

Like his other ventures in business, Cam’ron said that he’s plotting Vivali’s course carefully to ensure that it establishes a firm base in the fashion trade.

“I’m working with the people out there [in Italy] at the factories and the manufacturers and getting it rocking out there. Their dollar is 2-to-1 on ours. It’s worth way more than ours,” he stated.

Fashion Week, which occurs twice a year in New York City, is the pinnacle of the business in a domestic capacity, but Cam said that the soil is more fertile in Milan.

“A lot of times, what people don’t realize is, you go to fashion week [in New York] and you go, “Wow, Fashion Week, Fashion Week. I gotta get in fashion week.” Just because you get in fashion week in New York does not mean you can get in Fashion Week in Italy,” the Harlem native stated. “If you are in Fashion Week in Italy, they want you to be in Fashion Week in New York. I’ma get it poppin’ over there first and come back.”

Vivali, which Cam says means “I’m fly” in Italian, is somewhat available to his people in Harlem and the surrounding areas.

He said, “Right now, we got certain things at Apollo Express on 125th Street between 7th and 8th street right next to the Apollo Theater.”

Cam divulged that the follow up to 2004’s Purple Haze would come out later this year after the releases of fellow Diplomats Jim Jones and Juelz Santana.

Cam signed to Asylum Records earlier this year.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=4496

Matrix Heart

Re: Cam'ron Launching Upscale Clothing Line
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:45 PM »
Props on the news... ;)

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 08:18:13 PM »

CANT WAIT TO SEE ALL THE PINK SHIT THERE GONNA COME OUT WITH AND ALL THE PURPLE SHIRTS

::)

Westside Soldier

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 11:09:10 PM »