Poll

WHICH WESTSIDE RAPPER DO YOU THINK NEVER SOLD OUT ????????

ICE CUBE
5 (6.8%)
MC EIHT
29 (39.7%)
DJ QUIK
25 (34.2%)
SNOOP DOGG
6 (8.2%)
MACK 10
5 (6.8%)
KURUPT
3 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: WHICH WESTSIDE RAPPER DO YOU THINK NEVER SOLD OUT ?????  (Read 1051 times)

HI-C 08

• Lil Geezy
Re: WHICH WESTSIDE RAPPER DO YOU THINK NEVER SOLD OUT ?????
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2005, 12:49:32 PM »
Brotha lynch C bo they never sellout they keep it real nothing of that gay shit

Acgrundy

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2005, 01:03:06 PM »
I guess most of you just think people that don't sell any copies of their album arn't sellouts but are OG's and stupid shit like that. But if somebody makes money they are a sellout.

Exactly. They're hating on certain rappers just for being successful.

no actually you guys are just morons and don't know what selling out is.

Caution2006

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2005, 01:04:24 PM »
im guessing dj quik

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2005, 01:18:27 PM »
LMAO at the guy who said daz

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2005, 01:35:26 PM »
FOR THE DUMB ASS NIGGAZ WHO DONT KNOWWHAT SOLD OUT MEANS .

SOLD OUT - MEANS THEY HAD TO GO OUT OF THIER STYLE OF MUSIC TO CROSSOVER AND MAKE PEOPLE LIKE THEM THAT DIDNT LIKE WESTCOAST GANGSTA MUSIC !!!!!!! AND HAD TO RESORT TO GOING DOWN SOUTH ARE EASTCOAST AND CHANGE THIER MUSIC TO POP RAP INSTEAD OF KEEPIN IT REAL AND DOING WHAT THE FUCK THEY WONT TO DO !!!!!
NOW DO YOU NIGGAZ UNDERSTAND NOW ??????

Then in terms of rap, Ice Cube hasn't sold out. Go listen to Terrorist Threats and prove me wrong. Film is a completely different ballgame, so that is not included.

It seems to me that yall think radio play = sellout.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2005, 05:45:13 AM »
FOR THE DUMB ASS NIGGAZ WHO DONT KNOWWHAT SOLD OUT MEANS .

SOLD OUT - MEANS THEY HAD TO GO OUT OF THIER STYLE OF MUSIC TO CROSSOVER AND MAKE PEOPLE LIKE THEM THAT DIDNT LIKE WESTCOAST GANGSTA MUSIC !!!!!!! AND HAD TO RESORT TO GOING DOWN SOUTH ARE EASTCOAST AND CHANGE THIER MUSIC TO POP RAP INSTEAD OF KEEPIN IT REAL AND DOING WHAT THE FUCK THEY WONT TO DO !!!!!

in that case, i say only Snoop sold out. He really got into that pop shit. But i cant even knock him, its a business. These muthafuckas do this to make money. U think Eiht wouldnt rather have Snoops bankroll? lol Yeah righ.

One more thang some of yall need to understand (especially tha thread starter). Sellin out dont mean changin your style. It means changin who YOU are just for the money. Snoop, Cube...all these muthafuckas was youngass knuckleheads at one time. Sayin whateva the fuck they wanted, with a "fuck tha world" attitude. As time goes on, you grow...and some of them did too. So, their music changed with them. Shit, Cube is a father....Snoop is a father....Kurupt is a father....maybe some of em feel a stronger responsibility to bein a good role model for they kids. Not just "keepin it real" and stayin as gangsta as they can on tv. Shit, none of them muhafuckas is bangin anymore. EVEN Eiht lol. Snoop n Cube are family men now, they not gangstas. So wouldnt sellin out be....portrayin tha gangsta role on tv even though u come home to your wife and kids everyday, watching Flintstones and makin love to your wife, takin baths n shit? Im not into Snoop no more, and to be real...other then Quik and Kurupt i aint buyin none of they shit. But i do respect Cube for what he doin cus i know he's in that mode as a daddy now, and he taken care of his.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2005, 06:03:04 AM »
Being succesfull by doing your own thing ain't selling out(N.W.A, Ice.T, Eazy E, Dj Quik)
But being succesful by doing what the big audience wants you to do makes you a sell out(Black eyed Peas!)
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Acgrundy

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2005, 07:42:04 AM »
some of you guys think that nobody has ever sold out, lol.

westside159

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2005, 12:19:42 AM »
MC EIHT STAYED TRUE FROM DAY 1  HE COULD HAVE SIGNED A DEAL FOR OVER A MILLION DOLLARS WITH EPIC RECORDS BUT REFUSED TO GO POP AND BETRAY HIS FANS AND HE IS STILL DOING HIS THANG VERY WELL GYEAH COMPTON'S MOST WANTED  BACK TO SETTLE THE SCORE NIGGA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

rafsta

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2005, 05:41:01 AM »
MC EIHT STAYED TRUE FROM DAY 1  HE COULD HAVE SIGNED A DEAL FOR OVER A MILLION DOLLARS WITH EPIC RECORDS BUT REFUSED TO GO POP AND BETRAY HIS FANS AND HE IS STILL DOING HIS THANG VERY WELL GYEAH COMPTON'S MOST WANTED  BACK TO SETTLE THE SCORE NIGGA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

even Mc Eiht himself admits in an interview he went off the tracks for a while... youre not much of a fan, more like a dick rider... i'm a huge fan of quik, but in no way will i say he is perfect, i still notice when he fucks up, everyone makes mistakes, including mc eiht, who did rap about cars n bitches for a while (just goin by his interview)...

and you dont know why he refused that million dolla contract, maybe it was a contract for 10 albums ? i dunno, just get off his nuts please...

gator313

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2005, 06:03:43 AM »
this is a list of mc's who never sold out:

spice 1
mc eiht
ice cube
mack 10
WC
celly cel
mc ren
dj quik

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2005, 06:08:02 AM »

spice 1
mc eiht
ice cube
mack 10
WC(he made a track with nelly right)
celly cel
mc ren
dj quik

gator313

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2005, 06:15:55 AM »

spice 1
mc eiht
ice cube
mack 10
WC(he made a track with nelly right)
celly cel
mc ren
dj quik

on wc, that doesn't make you a sell out just because you make one single.  it's not like they are making a whole album together.  Mack 10 always kept it real.  Yeah he went down to cash money for one album, but he still had a gangload of westside artist on the album.   and ice cube will still run circles around any mc in the game today and that is the truth.  when ice cube put it down, he is arguely the best

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2005, 06:23:09 AM »
One single with Nelly is one too many.

gator313

« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2005, 06:26:05 AM »
One single with Nelly is one too many.

true,  but wc is entitled to one mistake.   i hope this song don't make it to his album   so there is still hope