Author Topic: quick computer question  (Read 116 times)

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
quick computer question
« on: June 17, 2005, 06:59:12 PM »
okay here the thing i took a harddrive off a computer from skool that they were ganna throw away. its a WD 40 gig HD. i want to put that in my comp as a storage drive. heres where the problem comes. i know there is a OS installed on the the hard drive so i was wonderin how can i delete the OS? i mean i tried hookin it up to my comp wit my HD and the new one and it tell me there are no drives installed. so i unplugged my HD and plugged just the new wen i do this it takes me to a blue screen where is says "if u are seein this errror for the first time restart your comp, in not the do blah blah...." wat can i do to clean the HD and use it as storage

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: quick computer question
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 07:09:36 PM »
ill try to make this easy to understand.

You need to set your primary hard drive as the primary, and your storage drive as a slave.

if you look in the back of the hard drive there are little pins and a piece of plastic overlapping 2 of them. Thats how you set it.
you need to find a manual online for the hard drive you got to see which pins are for primary and slave.

it should work then.

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 07:21:22 PM »
ill try to make this easy to understand.

You need to set your primary hard drive as the primary, and your storage drive as a slave.

if you look in the back of the hard drive there are little pins and a piece of plastic overlapping 2 of them. Thats how you set it.
you need to find a manual online for the hard drive you got to see which pins are for primary and slave.

it should work then.
ya i no i guess i need one of those pin covers cuz the one i got from skool doesnt have one. but my question is will the system run 2 HDs wit windows 2000 pro on one and xp home on the other at the same time?

Caution2006

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 07:40:24 PM »
sure will, but before it does it'll have a menu which will ask you which os u want to start up

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 07:49:37 PM »
sure will, but before it does it'll have a menu which will ask you which os u want to start up
o okay now i remeber my homies comp did dat thanx but i dont no i need to fix this shit

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 07:54:58 PM »
you should format it.