Author Topic: Jay Z Vs Damon Dash?  (Read 251 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Jay Z Vs Damon Dash?
« on: June 16, 2005, 02:18:54 PM »
It seems that Sean Carter just can’t fade to black and stay out of the studio. On Kanye West’s “Diamonds” remix, Jay Z addresses allegations hurled at him by former partner Damon Dash, and pledges his loyalty to protégé Memphis Bleek.

While West chose to tackle issues abroad such as diamond mining in Africa, the head of the ROC chose to address more personal issues that were recently made public. In the June issue of XXL magazine, Damon Dash aired out his issues with Hova, insisting that Jay essentially forced him out and took the name that both men worked hard to establish.

With the usual cockiness that fans have come to love, Jay retorts, “The chain remains, the gang is intact/The name is mine, I'll take blame for that.” Jay also shouts out several of his other Roc-A-Fella artists, but gives special love to Memphis Bleek, who has been the target of much media criticism over the years.

“Bleek could be one hit away his whole career/ As long as I'm alive, he's a millionaire/And even if I die, he's in my will somewhere/So he could just kick back and chill somewhere,” he says of the Roc’s heir to the throne.

In addition to projects from Joe Budden and Foxy Brown due out soon, Kanye West will release his sophomore album, Late Registration on Def Jam/Roc-A-Fella on August 16.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.3330

MANBEARPIG.

Re: Jay Z Vs Damon Dash?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 04:02:51 PM »
I dont like Dame >:(

-KIDRENEGADE-

ABN

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 04:04:29 PM »
with the sales of the YG´s and Memphis Bleek i would say that Jay has already lost.

XXX-Plosive

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 04:07:06 PM »
gotta wait til august to get kanye's album thats along time  ::)....memphis is alright hes gotta couple good tracks but personally hes not as great as hov makes him out to be when he raps about him and all that....

ABN

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 04:10:37 PM »
Memphis Bleek has sold 111k and Young Gunz has sold 90k and if Def Jam doesn´t start to sell records Jay won´t be working at Def Jam at the end of the year.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 04:11:29 PM »
^lol & they're tryna drop Ja for low record sales

so whats up with Jay-Z & Beanie Sigel? how come Beans didnt stay on the Roc?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

ABN

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 04:16:36 PM »
^lol & they're tryna drop Ja for low record sales

so whats up with Jay-Z & Beanie Sigel? how come Beans didnt stay on the Roc?
he said that they didn´t look out for him the way Dame looked out for him. and Jay wasn´t willing to run Beans various business dealings while he was locked up but Dame offered to do it for free so he went with him.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 07:01:26 PM »
Memphis Bleek has sold 111k and Young Gunz has sold 90k and if Def Jam doesn´t start to sell records Jay won´t be working at Def Jam at the end of the year.

;D :cheers: :banana: :banana_rock: :cow:

Jawa 31

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 10:35:56 PM »
look like Joey is gonna have to save jay-z ass. Hope album push back with pan out.

Westside Soldier

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 10:45:20 PM »
i think jay will have success with kanyes and buddens albums,foxy im sure will flop. 8)

MileHigh North

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2005, 04:26:51 PM »
The only smart thing jay'ss done is keeping Juelz new freeway on the way

soopa-man

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 05:18:29 PM »
well Def Jam is a big label but they release flops all the time, last year Joe Budden's flopped, Mariah Carey "Charmbracelet", Ja Rule, N.O.R.E., pretty much everything on Roc-A-Fella except for JAy-Z and Kanye's one album, so with that Young Gunz and Memphis were never really expected to sell any way seeing as they never have anyway, I mean Def jam spends alot of money all the time with artist that dont sell its nothing new it's not like all of their releases are anticpated like Interscope's projects...

Westside Soldier

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2005, 12:56:48 AM »
jay imo has done a good job hes broguht back dmx,releasing albums consistantly and redmans new album will finally drop. 8)