Author Topic: Cassidy wanted for Philly murder....  (Read 584 times)

ABN

Cassidy wanted for Philly murder....
« on: June 16, 2005, 03:04:21 PM »
Rapper Cassidy is wanted in Philadelphia for the murder of a 22-year-old man during an April 15 shooting. A warrant for his arrest was issued on June 8.

Michael Giampietro, Cassidy's attorney, said he expects his client will surrender himself to authorities on Friday morning. A police spokesperson said when he does, Cassidy will be charged with conspiracy, weapons possession and homicide.

According to police, Cassidy (real name Barry Reese) and two other men, armed with .45 and .40 caliber handguns, 9 mm pistols, AK47 assault rifles and 7.62 mm rifles, fired on three other men during an argument that unfolded behind a house in the rapper's northwest Philadelphia neighborhood just before 1 a.m. on April 15.

One of the men who was shot, Desmond Hawkins, 22, of Philadelphia, died from a gunshot wound to the back. The two other men were treated at area hospitals for gunshot wounds and subsequently released.

Police said a second warrant was also issued for 23-year-old Abdul West, also of Philadelphia, who, along with Cassidy, was one of the three shooters involved in the incident. Homicide detectives have been unable to identify the third shooter. Police were not immediately clear as to what Cassidy's connection might have been to the two other shooters. But according to a spokesperson for the department, all of the men involved "knew each other."

The three victims were reportedly unarmed at the time.

Cassidy, the first MC of significance to be supported by Swizz Beatz's J-affiliated Full Service label, will release his sophomore album, I'm a Hustla, on June 28.

— Chris Harris

Mygla

Re: Cassidy wanted for Philly murder....
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 03:29:51 PM »
and people questioned Cassidy's street credibility ;D

Elevz

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 03:36:14 PM »

LOL I was just gonna say that  ;D

ABN

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 03:40:54 PM »
he should´ve done the world major a favor and taken Tony Yayo´s life instead.......

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 03:42:24 PM »
^LMAO^

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 03:49:17 PM »

LOL I was just gonna say that ;D

also, lol
NO MORE WAR

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 03:55:11 PM »
i sware rappers are really stupid..you are on the rise, youre making millions and u are about to drop an album that will spark a lot of sales and u kill someone

ABN

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 03:56:19 PM »
i sware rappers are really stupid..you are on the rise, youre making millions and u are about to drop an album that will spark a lot of sales and u kill someone
he might be innocent though.

XXX-Plosive

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 04:04:21 PM »
publicity the guys playin dead and this is just for his album like all the beefin goin on...lol naw i can't really imagine cassidy doin time or anything like that...killin anyone...well good to see he actually does what he raps about and doesnt just rap about it like some artists do...

Like A N!gga Say Do

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 04:23:39 PM »
^^ Lol. He still sucks. Who cares about street cred.  ::) Theres too many gangsters who wanna be rappers.

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 04:44:16 PM »
yeah but now he's certified platnum

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 04:45:48 PM »
^^ have u even heard any cassidy?? his freestyles are ill

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 04:46:47 PM »
I'm sure that will make a lot of  prisoners happy when shower time rolls around.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Caution2006

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 05:03:38 PM »
he should´ve done the world major a favor and taken Tony Yayo´s life instead.......

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 05:04:06 PM »
^^ Lol. He still sucks. Who cares about street cred.  ::) Theres too many gangsters who wanna be rappers.

im feelin cassidys latest shit and his mixtape shit. he goes off on that advance of his album.