Author Topic: 36 chambers VS ILLMATIC  (Read 2079 times)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 36 chambers VS ILLMATIC
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2002, 01:15:20 PM »
no offense.. but it seems like you know absolutley nothing about prooducing...

so what if RZA is working with 1 bar loops insted of 2 bars like most other producers does... RZA make them 1 bar loops dope... ive heard ALOTTA 1 bar loops.... RZA is the only one to success with that ... RZA's producing style is to make a dope loops combined with "cuts" each forth or 8:th bar... by checking "Iron Flag" you'll cee thats he've even started to make sum of that commersial beat u like... .. you dont even know if he plays it random or not.. but let assume he does.... if he does, i consider him as a genious, cuz he have made over 200 dope beat by playing random keys.. thats more than i can say about anybody... or whatchu think??

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2002, 01:16:49 PM »
dj premier
pete rock
rza
battlecat
soopafly

^^

i cant agree to that either

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2002, 01:28:47 PM »
i'm not saying this to dis you but

excuse me HOW many fucking music appreciation classes have you taken?? how many fucking production classes have you taken?? when the fuck did you get a scolorship to study musicology, how many hours have you spent disecting and studying the works of Bach, Betoveen, Mostsart, and all the great composers with professionals with degrees in this field........i got 50 bucks that says you've done sqaut in this area

rza is overrated , the whole one bar looop thing you just admitted to is all the proof i need that he's overrated and simplistic

comercial beats that i like?? man my tastes in music far expand deeper than you and probably everyon on this board so kill that noise. i'm sorry i've grown out of being pleased by  bass bass snare drum lines and 2 note loops from a piano/keyboard....my bad, i'm sorry but there's no genius in overused loops, i even get pissed when dre does it and that's why i can't stand punk rock

man i coud go on for days so  please don't try to question my knowledge of music just because you make a couple of cheap beats on fruity loops  

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Suga Foot

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2002, 01:29:23 PM »
It doesn't matter to me how they make the beats as long as they sound dope, who gives a flying fuck?

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2002, 01:52:50 PM »
i'm not saying this to dis you but

excuse me HOW many fucking music appreciation classes have you taken?? how many fucking production classes have you taken?? when the fuck did you get a scolorship to study musicology, how many hours have you spent disecting and studying the works of Bach, Betoveen, Mostsart, and all the great composers with professionals with degrees in this field........i got 50 bucks that says you've done sqaut in this area

rza is overrated , the whole one bar looop thing you just admitted to is all the proof i need that he's overrated and simplistic

comercial beats that i like?? man my tastes in music far expand deeper than you and probably everyon on this board so kill that noise. i'm sorry i've grown out of being pleased by  bass bass snare drum lines and 2 note loops from a piano/keyboard....my bad, i'm sorry but there's no genius in overused loops, i even get pissed when dre does it and that's why i can't stand punk rock

man i coud go on for days so  please don't try to question my knowledge of music just because you make a couple of cheap beats on fruity loops  

if you really wanna know...'

ive produced during 6 years, using Cubase/Logic with Gigasampler + AKAI Discs ... i hope you recognize that thats the equipment alotta professional producers uses,,, I currently got an equipment worth 5000 bucks, so dont even mention fruity loops

Ive Listenin to mozart, bach, heiden, grieg, larsson, faur, shuman, vivaldi, debrussy, mendelssohn, schubert, mahler, Rachmaninov, Sibelius, Tjajkovskij, Fauré  .. .. and more and more ... i wouldnt be suprised if you dont know half on them

i havent gotten any scholarchip, cuz i study computer enginering....

i really wanna belive that when it comes to producing, i know much more than you do, even though you got your msical university,,,

but tell me.. what have all this to do with wether RZA is a good producer or not???

if you blaming rza for having to simplistic beats, you should also consider Dr Dre as wack.... over 70% of his beats are simplistic... lissen to doggystyle .... lissen to how the loops comes again, and again and again, with little string back and forth.... lissen to the chronic ... lissen to how the loop comes again and again and again, with flutes and strings back and forth...

it's not about having simplistic beats or not, it's about making the beat bounce and come with harmony, i dont give a fuck about what yourteacher taught you...

you should realy not try to show that you have more knowledge on an area you dont...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2002, 02:15:41 PM »

you should realy not try to show that you have more knowledge on an area you dont...

lol whatever, your oblvious and igorant , i'm through. it's pointless trying to tell an n'sync or bsb fan their heros arn't all that so why should i try with someone like you. whatever man all i know is just by reading your posts your real ignorant to the essence of making music the  only thing that impressed me is that you knew who some of those composers were (hmmm or did u peep allmusic.com hmm lol) anyways it's pointless arguing with you, be happy in your ignorance and unknowledge and think the way you want  ;)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2002, 02:21:12 PM »
comparing me with n'sync fans.. lol...

why dont we cee of the members here agrees or disagrees to what i said.... but im pretty sure you gonna call all of them uneducated, cuz they're not in music-university, right??

you claim that i produces with fruity loops.. tell me, have u ever produced a beat at all?? ... if yes.. lemme hear it to cee how much better u are

almusic.com ?? you're the one with the link... lol ..

but jus of curiosity.. give me the name of 3 producers you considers good, and ima promise you that ill be able to trash them down the way you trashed RZA and i Dre...

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2002, 02:12:28 PM »
Illmatic vs. 36 Chambers?? I cant call it. It depends on my mood at the moment, cuz it switches up a lot. One day Ill like 36 Chambers better, but then the next day Ill be feelin Illmatic more. Too close to call. Illmatic is probably slightly better in the lyrical department, but not by much. However, 36 Chambers was the start of a dynasty, and the Wu has most definatly put out more classic material than Nas has. But I cant call it, both are classic and ill just leave it at that.

As for RZA being an overrated producer, go listen to "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" [EASILY one of the top 4 rap albums ever produced] and then tell me he is overrated. RZA didnt make production or "beats" on Cuban Linx. He made MUSIC.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

KVB

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2002, 08:06:07 AM »

dj premier
pete rock
rza
battlecat
soopafly

are just a few that come to mind

None of those producers are overrated... now I ask you this... name one reason why Premier is overrated... better yet tell me ONE fuckin average/wack Premier production... what you're saying is bullshit.. Premier is one of, if not the best hip-hop producer(s) of all time... seriously you need to get off Dre's dick.. holla back.

min0rity

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2002, 08:23:54 AM »
LMAO!!!! primo, RZA, and pete rock overrated?!?!?!?! you seriously need to expand your music instead of listening to west coast music only...that comment is worse than hellrazor saying bone's albums are all classic 5/5...LMAO!!!! oh yeah bigfake it seems to be that you know NOTHING about production....youre like mellowman...you know how to talk REAL GOOD to convince people that youre knowledged about all this production bullshit your talking about but you ain't fooling me...and didn't you say you go to a ghetto high school???? no offense but there is NO WAY your school have all those classes that you mentioned that you supposedly took...thats college boy...and music appreciation???? LMAO...i took that class and you learn NOTHING about how to produce music for real..you learn about past composers and major music periods back in the early century and obiviously you don't learn at all to judge that premier, RZA, and pete rock is overrated..you must be sick

anyways, illmatic over 36 chambers ANYDAY..and i'm a bigger wu fan than a nas fan but just because illmatic is single-handly done while 36 chambers is a group effort

CHEF_RAEKWON

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2002, 08:48:46 AM »
rza = best producer
36 chambers = best album ever

techniec

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2002, 08:55:27 AM »
dont let jake faze ya, ibo, he just seems to think hes the God of the board, and he is the all knowingly, the most powerful, the most knowledgable......

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2002, 12:59:06 PM »
Even though I disagree with Jake about RZA being overrated, he is still easily one of the more intelligent heads on this board.

And Minority, keep my name out of your fucking mouth. In the words of Biggie, you make my name taste like ass when you speak it.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2002, 01:41:44 PM »
listen y'all i know more about MUSIC that means my horizons surpass the westcoast rap scene, east coast rap scene put together and times 1000

when you guys start to listen to more music outside of hip hop and expanding your horizons means more than listening to eastcoast/down south music , and you actually PROFESSIONALLY STUDY MUSIC from ALLLLLLL GENRES you'll see where i'm coming from

i never said i hated rza, dj premier, battlecat, soopafly, peterock ect. i like them all really, but get real guys THEY ARE OVERRRATED as producers, i bet....wait i know if they went into another genre of music and tried to produce with what they got they'd be run out of the business

rza,soopafly battlecat are overrated simply becuase the way they produce is wwaaaay tooo simple, i swear, if you were JUST learning a musical instrument you could EASILY master any of their catelouge's including cuban linx...look for ANY of their tabs and watch how easy it is to duplicate them all

dj premier and most of the time peterock can't even be considered producers, they plain and simple pull a puff daddy and grab an old song and peice it together with another old song , scratch it and say they 'produced' nas/jay-z/guru a song.....that's not producing that's DJ'ING!!!! the root word in producer is produce, which means to make/create ....not copy and paste...why do you think so many older people who grew up on the old mo town sound , jimi hendrix, the beatles, the stones, lynrd skynyrd. ect. CANT STAND/DESPISE hip hop?? when i was young i didn't understand how someone could look down on rap so much , but NOW I KNOW since i've developed a vast and great sense of music

THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOOD SOUNDING MUSIC AND GOOD PRODUCTION 70% OF THE TIME

and if the opposite was true, Nelly would be up there with the beatles

it almost makes me laugh and piss my pants how oblivious and ignorant (i'm not saying that as a diss) how people can tell me that i need to expand my horizons or i know nothing about music, or about production, when i could school all those people in hip hop myself and when thos same people can't even tell me simplest shit like what the rollingstones second album in america was or who was Jimi hendrix's producer/manager and where he discovered them off the top of their heads

and to minority, yeah my school is in the heart and soul of the ghetto in east bakersfield....so what, my school is funded though by the second richest district in califonia at the same time and is almost owned by Jose Radando and Buck Owens (REALLY rich mother fuckers) who donate a wad of money to my school so we have shit like Music Apreciation (lol you must be dislexic to not of leanred nothing in there or have a shitty school system)  Production analyse 1,2,and 3, strong body, auto body and paint shop, woodshop, like 20 music departments for band and orchestra, classical piano class, multimedia acadamy, health academy and like a million other things....you know nothing so shut the fuck up, i bet you nor i bo even know the simplest things about production like a snare or basshead are  ::)

i'm not here telling ANYONE what to like or who to like, but please don't make ignorant (not a personal diss) sentaments praising hip hop producers as 'the greatest' when you don't even know a thing about production....at least i have a leg to stand on and knowledge to back that up when i speak out against something. IMO in order to be the greatest at something you have to :

A) be original with your music and how you do it
B) be one of the best if not THE best at what you do and how you do it
C) be able to appeal to the harshest of critics and musically trained
D) conintually proove your 'haters' wrong

dj premier , Alchemist,peterock are EXCELLENT mixers and DJ'ers, BUT it's almost a joke to call them producers sometimes when ..THEY DON"T EVEN PRODUCE SHIT

and as far as all the other producers i can and have called overrated....they are far toooo simplistic and  take the easy way out every time when producing a track to be considered the greatest..even in the simplist form of music , almost, like hip hop when you got guys like Dr. Dre, Dj Quik, Automator, ect who at least put more of an honest/more original/inovative effort into their music

oh yeah

again i'm not dissing or lashing back at anyone but the reason i made that comment to Ibo comparing im with N'syc is becuase alot of you who think highly of these peope reacted just like an N'sync fan would...not to say that dj premier and the rest are POP they're far from that BUT, y'all are saying the same thing as an Nsync fan would if i told them right now that Justin Timberlake is overrated as a singer and Steven Tylor was better. It's called knowing what's up, anyways i'mout peace

techniec

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2002, 07:20:11 PM »
^^^i feel what you sayin man but you gotta stop acting egotistical, some people in here got ya dick in their mouths, but some people aint having it

yeah you know your shit, but you dont gotta come out and stomp on every one while biggin up ya self

ya need ta respect others man, or else no one will respect ya