Author Topic: Snoop talking about Kurupt?  (Read 409 times)

budsmokeronly

Snoop talking about Kurupt?
« on: July 11, 2002, 05:52:39 AM »
On the song for real with RBX, snoop says something very similar to this( I may be off by a few words):

"Them weak niggaz on your team straight traitors, they can't go back to the set, leave a handprint on the back of they neck."

I think it sounds like it is being directed towards Kurupt.  Post your thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: Snoop talking about Kurupt?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2002, 06:18:21 AM »
interesting...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2002, 06:20:06 AM »
interesting...

quite interesting......
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

themovie

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2002, 06:31:35 AM »

quite interesting......

Too interesting......

verbalassaulta

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2002, 06:39:33 AM »
some friend snoop must be   :o

budsmokeronly

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2002, 06:44:05 AM »
some friend snoop must be    

Kurupt is the one who stabbed all his homies in the back.  I think all the dpg's are in the right to talk shit about kurupts decision.

Big BpG

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2002, 06:45:06 AM »
could be... who knows... he could be talking about anyone at that...

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Quadruple OG

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2002, 08:40:48 AM »

Kurupt is the one who stabbed all his homies in the back.  I think all the dpg's are in the right to talk shit about kurupts decision.

His friends stabbed him in the back.  when Snoop left Death Row and started dissing them, Kurupt was neutral.  When Snoop and Daz were beefing on opposite labels, Kurupt stayed neutral.  When Daz left Tha Row to go indy, smoked crack, and tripped out on Suge, Kurupt stayed neutral.  But when Kurupt makes a business move, all his "friends" stabbed him in the back by not being supportive.  Kurupt supported all his supposed friends moves, but when he does something for his own and his family's good, his friends turn their backs on him.  What friends!

budsmokeronly

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2002, 08:56:01 AM »
His friends stabbed him in the back.  when Snoop left Death Row and started dissing them, Kurupt was neutral.  When Snoop and Daz were beefing on opposite labels, Kurupt stayed neutral.  When Daz left Tha Row to go indy, smoked crack, and tripped out on Suge, Kurupt stayed neutral.  But when Kurupt makes a business move, all his "friends" stabbed him in the back by not being supportive.  Kurupt supported all his supposed friends moves, but when he does something for his own and his family's good, his friends turn their backs on him.  What friends!

First off Kurupt was one of the early departers of death row, so why would he not support anyone's decision to leave.  And as Daz stated in Rime magazine Kurupt convinced Daz to leave death row.  Why would Kurupt need to get involved with the daz and snoop beef.  Kurupt was always claiming dpgc and even was saying fuck deathrow on the puff puff pass tour.  He knew all his homies hate the row, yet he talked to suge behind there back and made a deal.  And you say his friends turned their backs on him.  Hmmm... if I am not mistaken Kurupt has had at least one guest spot on almost all dpg related releases, he got to go on puff puff pass, and up in smoke, Dre and Snoop pretty much got his career jumpstarted, Dre let him have several guest spots on 2001, Daz even had a label for kurupt off of dpg recordz.  Snoop helped Kurupt during his eastcoast beef with dmx, ja rule, etc.  What the hell else do you want them to do for Kurupt?  I mean come on, what dpgc and Dre has done for Kurupt is plenty.  And how does Kurupt show his thanks, by turning his back on his homies and signing to the worst label he could in this situation.

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2002, 09:05:57 AM »

First off Kurupt was one of the early departers of death row, so why would he not support anyone's decision to leave.  And as Daz stated in Rime magazine Kurupt convinced Daz to leave death row.  Why would Kurupt need to get involved with the daz and snoop beef.  Kurupt was always claiming dpgc and even was saying fuck deathrow on the puff puff pass tour.  He knew all his homies hate the row, yet he talked to suge behind there back and made a deal.  And you say his friends turned their backs on him.  Hmmm... if I am not mistaken Kurupt has had at least one guest spot on almost all dpg related releases, he got to go on puff puff pass, and up in smoke, Dre and Snoop pretty much got his career jumpstarted, Dre let him have several guest spots on 2001, Daz even had a label for kurupt off of dpg recordz.  Snoop helped Kurupt during his eastcoast beef with dmx, ja rule, etc.  What the hell else do you want them to do for Kurupt?  I mean come on, what dpgc and Dre has done for Kurupt is plenty.  And how does Kurupt show his thanks, by turning his back on his homies and signing to the worst label he could in this situation.

exactly, not to mention this time around kurupt left the rest of the dpg when they all was cool and everybody wasn't cool with tha row

i'll still buy kurupt shit and don't really care what label he's on anymore but the rest of the dpg has the right to be pissed
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

verbalassaulta

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2002, 09:11:24 AM »
you got some good points, but still thats like one of my friends getting pissed at me for changing jobs or something...it a record label...shows you how deep their friendship really was

budsmokeronly

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2002, 09:21:28 AM »
you got some good points, but still thats like one of my friends getting pissed at me for changing jobs or something...it a record label...shows you how deep their friendship really was

Be realistic man, this is much more than just changing jobs or record labels.  From what we have all heard, Death Row really fucked over the og inmates and treated them like shit.  There is serious hatred between the row camp and the dpg camp.  It's not like kurupt just went and signed to any old label, he signed with suge who is probably dpg's biggest enemy.  I bet Kurupt could have gone to any other label in the world and it would be ok with the dpg family.

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2002, 10:06:52 AM »
^^Word!! Alot of tha og inmates have been havin they troubles pushin units on they solo albums but u didnt see them jumpin ship to Tha Row! Like someone said, Snoop has been down wit Kurupt since tha start, puttin him all his records and shit, and got Kurupt's name out in tha game, and this is how he pay Snoop back!?? U dont see Daz jumpin ship to Tha Row, u dont see Nate Dogg jumpin ship there either, or Warren G, they all havin troubles pushin units and gettin they bank, I know that Kurupt has debts and shit but dont switch on ya homies cuz!! Stick wit yo homie that put u in tha game! Dont go to his enemy!!

S.G.V.

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2002, 10:51:54 AM »
i could careless if snoop disses someone now....hes wack now....if he is dissing kurupt, then it aint a hard diss...hes too bitch to put a name if its a diss directed at someone in particular....if its just a general diss then ok....

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2002, 10:52:03 AM »

Be realistic man, this is much more than just changing jobs or record labels.  From what we have all heard, Death Row really fucked over the og inmates and treated them like shit.  There is serious hatred between the row camp and the dpg camp.  It's not like kurupt just went and signed to any old label, he signed with suge who is probably dpg's biggest enemy.  I bet Kurupt could have gone to any other label in the world and it would be ok with the dpg family.

For Real, That's what people aint trying to understand. It's not like he just switched lables.. like when Snoop went to No Limit.. but he went to "Tha Row"... That's DPG's enemy's. Dont get me wrong though.. I think Kurupt is dope.. I'ma buy his next album for sure.. but he straight let us know that he aint down for what he claims to be when he made that "business move"..

Back to tha subject at hand.. I thought tha exact same thing when I heard those lyrics. They Go like this...

"Harrass Me?/ And Try to Blast me?/
How dat sound? You aint Butch Cassidy/
On tha TV/ Actin like a BG/
Knowin' Damn Well That That You're Gonna Have To See Me/
  Soona or Lata/ You Big Fat Hata/
Tha Weak Niggaz On Your Team, Straight Traitors/
They Can't Go Back To They Set/
Handprints On Tha Back Of They Neck/"

I think if you interpret tha first 5 bars you'll notice he's talking about Suge Knight. Refering to all the time he's on TV talking about Snoop and Dre and how they aint gangsta and how they dont have their masters...

Tha last 3 lines I dont think are strictly aimed at Kurupt but Kurupt, Crooked I, and Swoop G (if he's still with Tha Row)... since they were all down with DPG at one point in time.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee