Author Topic: Who's gonna see the movie, RIZE?  (Read 179 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Who's gonna see the movie, RIZE?
« on: June 19, 2005, 01:53:47 PM »
I am pretty sure that most of y'all have seen the commercials for the movie comin out June 24th called "Rize." For those that don't know what it is, it's about the clown dancing (aka krumping) dance culture that was born in LA, and was in it's prime between 2001-2003 but is still around. I would advise most of y'all to see it, because it's showin that LA is not only about gangbangin and the other bullshit, and shows the people who chose to go a different route. It has been an entirely slept on culture, mainly because people only want to associate LA with the gangsta culture, but this shit was big as hell in LA and everybody knew a grip of people who were involved with it. Also, it has united everybody, from people from different neighborhoods, schools, and gang families, to different races and people of different ages. I wish the LA rap scene could somehow incorporate the clown culture into it, because rappers from other coasts like Missy have had it in their videos (remember "I'm Really hot") but no LA rappers have because it's against the stereotype.

Acgrundy

Re: Who's gonna see the movie, RIZE?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 01:56:38 PM »
never heard of it

We Fly High

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 02:48:15 PM »
yeah dubcnn was actually invited to the music video shoot for the rize movie.. but i wasnt able to make it. still in the yay area right now.

mercy C.O.B.

• 'G'
  • Crooked I "Beef wid us homie my heat goeeessss"
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 02:51:38 PM »
sounds shit to me

Matty

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 03:54:02 PM »
im gonna peep it to see what the dance is all about but as it stands i'm down for electric boogaloo and locking, not krumping.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 04:18:18 PM »
I'll watch it when it comes to video for sure.

I'm always checking out documentaries about L.A. culture other than just gangbangin', like Dogtown and Z-Boys which was a exceptional documentary on the first skaters.

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 05:06:01 PM »
It personally doesn't interest me. It's good some of the LA culture is getting a little more exposure.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 05:30:30 PM »
Think I'll pass on this one.  I liked it better when it was called "You Got Served" ::)