Author Topic: n.w.a reunion  (Read 498 times)

dameons

n.w.a reunion
« on: June 18, 2005, 10:28:34 AM »
Hey ya'll,remember when Dre shelved the album?He said they had laid a few tracks down,but he wasn't feeling them.Wonder if we'll ever hear those few tracks.I thought that era was Dre's best.Hello,Chin Check,X,Lay Low,Family Affair,Let me blow your mind,they were all huge hits and came out around the reunion time.In the song "X",he even mentions "not these niggas again",the name that album was supposed to have."U know" is prolly my favorite Dre beat ever,and Xzibit said that he talked Dre and Nottz into putting that beat on X's album,but it was a beat intended for the reunion album.Dre maid his best beats in the late 90's ya'll.I think we missed out.I was wondering how we could talk to someone who has heard those reunion tracks[hmm. hmm. Mellowman, are you with us?] I wonder how Snoop would have fit in?think it would have been classic ya'll?

Westcoastfanatic

Re: n.w.a reunion
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 11:47:16 AM »
No, no Snoop please! Before you know it Justin Timberlake is gonna be on a track too! ;D
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

gzs

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 11:58:04 AM »
Someone should just put Cube, Snoop, Dre, Ren accapella's on these instrumentals. Make it a mixtape. Sell it.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 12:51:47 PM »
We missed out. It would have been a classic.

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 02:24:59 PM »
I donīt get it why people always demand replacements... like who could replace Eazy in NWA?  .. or somewhere in another thread I read something about who could replace ODB in Wu Tang...  I mean itīs not about someone doing a normal job that could be done by everyone... noone could replace Eazy or ODB for that matter... as curious as I am and as much I wanna hear those Dre beats he had in mind for a NWA reunion and as much as I wanted to hear some new Ren I thank god that that reunion with Snoop didnīt happen... do a reunion with the members and donīt add some new things to it.. that just bullshit...

Westside Soldier

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 12:36:59 AM »
i hope one day we get to hear those tracks. 8)

ecrazy

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 01:00:17 AM »
I donīt get it why people always demand replacements... like who could replace Eazy in NWA? .. or somewhere in another thread I read something about who could replace ODB in Wu Tang... I mean itīs not about someone doing a normal job that could be done by everyone... noone could replace Eazy or ODB for that matter... as curious as I am and as much I wanna hear those Dre beats he had in mind for a NWA reunion and as much as I wanted to hear some new Ren I thank god that that reunion with Snoop didnīt happen... do a reunion with the members and donīt add some new things to it.. that just bullshit...
Yea, Its like when bands that have been established and have done great records change drummers or singers, but keep the same name

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 02:14:09 AM »
Yea, Its like when bands that have been established and have done great records change drummers or singers, but keep the same name

That is still okay as long as they make good music. The band members still stand behind what the lead singer wants to do.

Eazy was one of the lead singers, so to speak. Having someone replacing him is like the Beatles replacing John Lennon. It's just not possible.

dammaged7

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 04:48:50 AM »
what pisses me off the most is the fact that nwa was a legendary group. but they have never toured since 1989, what is that all about?
look at public enemy,m they still tour, man even bootsy collins was on toyr  man. all old school groups, and it doesnt have to be rap, all go on tour now and again and sing thier hits. i know the up in smoke tour was the bomb, but iwas talkin about an nwa touyr, or even like a one off at an arena. it would be wkd, and even tho cube wasnt on the 2nd album, he could mix in his solo hits.
and it couyld be perfect to do 'we want eazy' upon the big screen, just like the video huh guys. i think to maintain theier legendsary status, they need to go on tour.
what y'all thinkl.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 06:21:55 AM »
When would they find the time to tour. Do you expect Dre to just stop producing for artists and stop looking after his label, Cube to stop doing movies and Ren to stop doing whatever the fuck he's doing. It's not as simple as just them phoning each other up and going hey lets tour as NWA.

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 07:21:09 AM »
It would be cool if they reunited for at least one track. Yo Sassy Wayz was unbelievable! I thought Hello sucked. Bring REN back!

westkoastanostra

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 12:47:41 PM »
"hello" sucked? wtf that was the best track off war and peace vol. 2...that track is dope

Westside Soldier

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2005, 06:40:23 PM »
"hello" sucked? wtf that was the best track off war and peace vol. 2...that track is dope

yah that track is dope i mean wtf.