Author Topic: Your thought on The Beastie Boys  (Read 238 times)

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Your thought on The Beastie Boys
« on: June 21, 2005, 09:36:03 PM »
Whats the deal with these guys...they never get talked about.

It seems every time someone talks about a hip hop group, these guys are almost NEVER mentioned...

Do people here feel their music?

Their DJ is supposed to be one of the best in the world...

I personally dont think their stuff is that great, Intergalactic was pretty cool...

Opinions?
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

Suga Foot

Re: Your thought on The Beastie Boys
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 09:44:05 PM »
I was in 5th grade when sabatoge came out, I was diggin that one and root down I think it was called, other than that I never really liked em.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 09:47:09 PM »
I never really got to listen to any of their albums but I did hear a few of their songs & they all were dope.

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 10:29:31 PM »
that they white and made it

Acgrundy

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 11:32:28 PM »
they are really dope.  Licensed to Ill is a hip hop classic and I think many rappers should pay homage to it.

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 02:49:32 AM »

i like the "check your head ep" the most.. along with ill communication.. which had sabotage on it

i have a really good video collection put out a few years ago on DVD along with the sabotage VHS from back in the day

i have every album (inc the best of thingy) apart from 5 boroughs

Shahizzle

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 05:18:57 AM »
thier best song has got to be " so whatcha want"

"Open letter to NY" is also a sick newer song of thiers, but to be honest most of thier stuff is shit.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 06:04:21 AM »
I think they're great. They have some of the greatest albums ever released. I love how on Check Your Head, Ill Communication and Hello Nasty they mix in a balance of hip-hop songs and instrumentals. I didn't like their latest one too much though.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 06:06:50 AM »
Paul Revere is ill

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Black Uhuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Rasta Still De bout
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 08:05:03 AM »
They got some dope tracks but i never really got into them

Elevz

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 08:14:02 AM »
Time for some hatred in this thread.

Beastie Boys are legends. That's where my respect ends. I fucking hate almost anything of what they did. They were influential, but I hate the way they sound. Flows and even more their voices are TERRIBLE, I really can't listen to that. Beats are often annoying imo. Good lyricists, and a nice dj, but that won't make up for all of their bad points imo. I just can't understand how come they're so widely respected.

Ahhhh... Just my

Throwback

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 08:44:30 AM »
I never really got to listen to any of their albums but I did hear a few of their songs & they all were dope.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 10:19:47 AM »
Time for some hatred in this thread.

Beastie Boys are legends. That's where my respect ends. I fucking hate almost anything of what they did. They were influential, but I hate the way they sound. Flows and even more their voices are TERRIBLE, I really can't listen to that. Beats are often annoying imo. Good lyricists, and a nice dj, but that won't make up for all of their bad points imo. I just can't understand how come they're so widely respected.

Ahhhh... Just my

they´re definitely not everybody´s cup of tea, but how much and what exactly have you heard? IMO, what a good hiphop collection should include is:

Licensed To Ill
Paul´s Boutique

those are just classics...this is not coming from a great fan of theirs btw

Don Seer

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 11:16:50 AM »
^ yeah its true.. i really cant stand the early beasties stuff.. they have changed styles quite a bit over the years

pauls boutique is the 'other' album that is touted as the pinnacle of rap sampling.. the other of course is dre's first chronic.. i've seen many times that people wanting to learn to produce should listen to both intently.

We Fly High

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2005, 11:28:01 AM »
yup. pausl boutique is classic ish. the only beastie cd i own though.