Author Topic: Oasis blames eminem and puts Em and 50 on notice.  (Read 1021 times)

ABN

Re: Oasis blames eminem and puts Em and 50 on notice.
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2005, 11:26:17 AM »
I usually find his commentary funny and stupod, but I don't have a problem with what he said. Not that it started with 50 and Em, but watching very young black kids now compared to before the rise of serious gangster or violent rap, I notice a big change in how they act and treat each other, and a lot of times they are quoting 50 Cent songs.
rappers havenīt changed shit the only thing that has changed is the enviroment these kids gotta grow up in. i can say that iīm pretty sure that not one single young person is treating another one of their peers different coz of what a rapper has said and if even if it was the case the rappers shouldnīt be at fault but rather these kids parents should be blamed for lettin music raise their kids. if a parent blames a rapper or any artist for their kids actions it just shows the entire world that the parent really isnīt a parent.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2005, 11:50:19 AM »
I usually find his commentary funny and stupod, but I don't have a problem with what he said. Not that it started with 50 and Em, but watching very young black kids now compared to before the rise of serious gangster or violent rap, I notice a big change in how they act and treat each other, and a lot of times they are quoting 50 Cent songs.
rappers havenīt changed shit the only thing that has changed is the enviroment these kids gotta grow up in. i can say that iīm pretty sure that not one single young person is treating another one of their peers different coz of what a rapper has said and if even if it was the case the rappers shouldnīt be at fault but rather these kids parents should be blamed for lettin music raise their kids. if a parent blames a rapper or any artist for their kids actions it just shows the entire world that the parent really isnīt a parent.

I'm not talking about upper-middle class white kids from the suburbs. I'm talking about black kids in the ghetto between the ages of 7 and 12 swearing, pulling out knives, talking about sex in very discriptive methods, all while reciting 50s rap lyrics. Parents? Most of these kids don't know their father and are one of 5 to 9 children that their mother has to take care of. Parents in the ghetto is not really an option. They grow up like this in their pre teen years and when they hit their early teens they're already into drug dealing, carrying guns, and robbing people at gun point. Sometimes even shooting people. I'm talking about 14 to 16 year olds. And I'm talking from what I perdsonally know and see. When I was younger we had our share of thugs and gangsters but I've never seen so many like I see now. My old highschool would consistently have between 1200 and 1300 students each year. Over the past couple years it's down to about 800. Why? Because a lot of kids are getting kicked out, or are locked up. Realistically there are about 200 kids that should be in that school that aren't because of how things have changed. The ignorance of gangster rap music is probably a very small part of that, but I strongly feel it is a part.

ABN

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2005, 12:13:39 PM »
people been doin all of that shit you mentioned 30 years before rap music even existed so the whole argument really holds no weight. and of course parents are responsible even if the fatherīs not around or the other way around. and even in the worst conditions parents should be able to guide their kids inthe right direction and get up off their asses and stop lettin the tv teach their kids coz what you see on tv is 10000x worse then what you hear in music. whatīs next is Arnold gonna be held responsible if someone imitates what they saw on Terminator? no coz itīs entertainemnt and thatīs what rap music is and people donīt go out and sell drugs and kill people just coz rappers talk about it.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2005, 12:43:57 PM »
 :psych: Noel Gallagher

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2005, 03:30:14 PM »
people been doin all of that shit you mentioned 30 years before rap music even existed so the whole argument really holds no weight. and of course parents are responsible even if the fatherīs not around or the other way around. and even in the worst conditions parents should be able to guide their kids inthe right direction and get up off their asses and stop lettin the tv teach their kids coz what you see on tv is 10000x worse then what you hear in music. whatīs next is Arnold gonna be held responsible if someone imitates what they saw on Terminator? no coz itīs entertainemnt and thatīs what rap music is and people donīt go out and sell drugs and kill people just coz rappers talk about it.

If you go back to the 40s I think you'll notice a lot less gun violence and killings than there are today, just to let you know.

Anyway, I'm not holding 50 Cent responsible, but gangster rap is a factor, no matter how small. This is different than Anrie playing a robot and killing machines. Kids like Spiderman but they don't try and web sling. Why? Because they know it's fantasy, or at least they know it's beyond their capabilities. Spidey's a super hero with super powers, 50 is a real man who does real things as far as the kids are concerned. They see a guy like him as a role model and they copy him, and others like him. Before it was 50 it was DMX, before X it was Pac, and before Pac it was Snoop and the rest of Deathrow. Before the gangsta rap phase it wasn't as bad. I was around in the late 80s it wasn't as bad, as far as numbers are concerned. Rap was a lot cleaner then, and rappers were saints compared to today. Of course you still had gangs and gangsters, but gun violence was way down, and the number of kids affected was down too. It's not like guns were harder to get back then, and cocaine was all over the place, but not in the hands of kids. Movies were more violent, and so were cartoons. But the real life role models were nothing like their on screen counter parts. The only difference I see is that gangster rap is common place and little kids want to be like those guys. Parents were just as neglegent in the 80s as they are now. So what do you think is difference.

PLANT

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2005, 03:49:02 PM »
Asisde from the part about "despising hiphop" I think what he said was basically true.  It might not be right coming from him, but I agree with his opinion

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2005, 10:30:32 PM »
i dont see wats so wrong about his comment...

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »
Eminem will pistol whip him with an empty gun
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

kellyboy

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005, 12:17:32 AM »
lol. kind of a ignorant remark but oh well. dude's a good musician.

eNgIeS

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2005, 12:33:48 AM »
Gallagher hates everyone, even his own brother at some points of the bands existance

But however he does have a point. I loved rap before but since 50 Cent came along its like its fashionable to be gangsta, people going to extradionary lengths just to prove they're "street" or "gangsta". It is a bad influence coz young people often dont realize they're throwing there lifes away for what, to do what 50 Cent says.

Sure there are people that grow up in ghettos & tough situations, they do it out of desperation, but they're also alot of rich spoilt brats who want to be "rebels" & go throwing there lifes away for nothing because 50 Cent made it "cool" to be shot.

As far as Eminem, he's music while it has had violent themes too it, usually its said in a way that you just laugh at it, you know its fake. Besides in recent times he's changed alot of song subject content. 50 Cent raps about bitches or getting shot & trys to promote that its real for him & taht he's superman coz of it, & of course kids are going to look up to him & say "well everyone think he's cool maybe i should be a gangsta too".

I saw it happen a bit before too, with the Dogg Pound & 2Pac, around that time i remember kids my age tryin to be "gangsta" like those guys, some of them ruined there lifes tryin to be gangsta for what coz it was cool at the time & if u ask em now they'll tell you how STUPID it was.

Should 50 Cent & rap be entirely to blame, no, but its part of the influence

Like A N!gga Say Do

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2005, 01:11:58 AM »
lol seriously 50 cent isn't even considered gangsta rap in my book. why blame 50 cent when you got rappers 100x more hardcore than him. Maybe hes the hardest at the moment in the mainstream or so he claim. And gangsta rap was way more violent 10 years ago cause nowaday everybody wants to be a "pimp" than doing drive-by. And for that idiot of oasis who hates rap because of its negativity, should listen to some of them couscious rappers out there like talib kweli, mos def, common, De La Soul, tribe, The Roots even Kanye west so he could just stop hating on a style of music he dont know shit about.

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2005, 03:39:18 AM »
Noel Is Prob jus jealous coz he aint seen as the bad boy of music wit his knob head brother i hate oasis i woz always a blur fan anyway!!!!
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2005, 04:39:27 AM »
If he wants to blame someone for escalating youth violence, why doesn't he blame George Bush, Bush is the biggest, baddest gangsta we've seen over the past few years. 

Understand that gangsta culture is always going to be represented in media, because this country was founded by gangsters.   Everything they did to get this country, they can throw you in jail for.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2005, 06:34:24 AM »
If he wants to blame someone for escalating youth violence, why doesn't he blame George Bush, Bush is the biggest, baddest gangsta we've seen over the past few years. 

Because GW isn't looked up to as a role model by kids in the ghetto.

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2005, 07:52:24 AM »

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.