Author Topic: Need College Help  (Read 278 times)

Glendale

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
Need College Help
« on: June 22, 2005, 08:40:20 PM »
i need help lookin for a college that i could get into hopefully in california but i live out of state so its quite hard since many of them choose in state kids. but yeh, really wanna go to school down there and my grades are decent. i go to the #1 school where im from and ranked like 30th best in the nation for all sports but its hella strict and tough so everything is competitive from sports to academics. im ballin but idk if i'll get any recruits and my grades are aight. 3.2-3.3, would be like a 3.7-3.8 at a public school though./ like i said i'm lookin for some help from maybe ppl who have applied already and experienced ppl in or out of state cats. i know i cant get into schools like usc or duke etc and not dumb like those kids that do and are fucked when they get rejection letters so im planning on applying not that known but still pretty good schools ya know what i mean. and thats why i put santaclara, loyola, and the rest under maybe. well heres my choices so far so ANY feedback possible is good. in no order: university of san francisco, university of redlands-in cali, arizona state university, holy Names university-in oakland, oregon state, gonzaga...these are ones im pretty sure im gonna apply to and pretty sure i'd get in. but only 3 of those are in cali. and these ones are maybes cuz its a toss up if my gradesare good enough and alkso out of state % can affect it i guess. MAYBES-Azusa Pacific University-in cali, St. Mary's College of California- in Moraga, University of San Diego, Santa clara/loyola marymount-in cali, university of the pacific-in cali, whittier college-in cali
"Got niggas head's dividin faster than nerds at a calculus convention/see i school niggas, then i afterschool niggas like detention." -  Ras Kass   

"You got Soldiers, but you still Gotta respect ours, We got more 'Four Fives and Nines' than A deck of cards" - L. Banks

ecrazy

Re: Need College Help
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 09:34:09 PM »
Azusa Pacific is a good school, they accept A HELLA LOT of out of state people, more than in cali people....its a chill school, but hella pricey....if ur rich as hell, or like paying loans, go there...........what are you looking to major in??

oh yea,
 :sign_wrongforum:

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 09:40:33 PM »
I got a homeboy that went to St. Mary's. He said it's got a good environment and he would get wasted all the time lol

Azusa is alright to like E Crazy said.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 09:49:11 PM »
im from new york, but i go to northeastern university in boston mass, and its fuckin awesome man, we live right in the city and its a top teir school, the best co op school in the country.  mad loot though.  and its a total extreme from cali, but why not try look all over, uconn is dope, st johns is chill.

Glendale

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 12:01:50 AM »
is it hard to get into northeastern univ? what gpa did u graduate hs with? moneys not an issue for me, just grades and what schools accepting out of state % of kids. i'll look into that school, tell me more about it, besides being a dodger fan, bostons my second fav team. and uconn and st johns are tight but arent those hard schools to get into? similar to duke, nc, etc? since there big on basketball n what not.
and about st. marys, yeah i hear its hella tight but where the hell is moraga? and its not that big is it? is it nice down there? big campus? girls?
so asuza pacific should be in my list to for sure apply to with a gpa of 3.2-3.3? u guys think i'll get into that one? thanks for the feed back so far, much appreciated guys
"Got niggas head's dividin faster than nerds at a calculus convention/see i school niggas, then i afterschool niggas like detention." -  Ras Kass   

"You got Soldiers, but you still Gotta respect ours, We got more 'Four Fives and Nines' than A deck of cards" - L. Banks

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 12:08:52 AM »
so asuza pacific should be in my list to for sure apply to with a gpa of 3.2-3.3? u guys think i'll get into that one? thanks for the feed back so far, much appreciated guys

Yeah, you got a decent chance.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 12:39:35 AM »
San Diego State University

Try some of the CSU and UC schools.

ecrazy

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 01:15:12 AM »

Yeah, you got a decent chance.
Yea, they look highly @ extra curricular activities as well, so you should mention your sports teams and if you are in any clubs @ school...oh, and if your not christian in any form, then you will prob. will not like the atmosphere @ APU, its a very "Christian Oriented" environment there, but good school no doubt....their soccer team is good there too....um, what else.....Theirs a movie theatre down the street that has $3 matinees, so u can go after class and enjoy a flick for cheap, um....EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT - The sidewalks are flooded with joggers, so watch out (its a marathon training class)......Um, THE HAT - right down the street - BEST PASTRAMI SANDWICHES EVER!!! ---UM, The girl to guy ratio is like 27-8 (Or better)......And yea - If money aint a prob. then go to APU - Good surroundings and good healthy atmosphere to go to school with

Matrix Heart

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 09:44:11 AM »
Don't come to California unless you're loaded they charge a shitload for out of state tuition.

But if you still decide to come out here...start at a community college and take your general education(13th/14th grade), much cheaper and you'll get done sooner (1.5 years and then transfer to any school based on your college gpa etc...)

Usually a bachelor degree is 60 units General Education, 50-70 units of your Major/Minor.

SAT and/or ACT test scores are important factor or whether or not you get accepted to a school.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 09:50:11 AM by K AI N »

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 09:53:57 AM »
is it hard to get into northeastern univ? what gpa did u graduate hs with? moneys not an issue for me, just grades and what schools accepting out of state % of kids. i'll look into that school, tell me more about it, besides being a dodger fan, bostons my second fav team. and uconn and st johns are tight but arent those hard schools to get into? similar to duke, nc, etc? since there big on basketball n what not.
and about st. marys, yeah i hear its hella tight but where the hell is moraga? and its not that big is it? is it nice down there? big campus? girls?

northeastern is like 50 percent out of state or something, so its not too hard to get into.  my gpa when i graduated high school was like a 3.2-3.4 i dont remember which, and i had a 1240 on my sats, one of my friends that goes there was similar gpa, lower sats, we are all division one basket ball and hockey, i mean i totally bombed my senior year and they still took me so i dunno its worth a shot, it really is a great school, and i didnt think i would get in and i did so just try it out ya kno

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 12:00:15 PM »
how expensive are the different colleges actually for out of state suckas?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 04:17:35 PM »
how expensive are the different colleges actually for out of state suckas?

I know that for the UC system out of state students pay about $15,000 on top of what everyone else is paying. Total expenses are estimated at about $20,000 (which would include housing), so you'd be looking at about $35G'z.

Glendale

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 08:08:47 PM »
props. northeastern i may look into, but still wanna go somewhere in cali. thanks for the feedback guys, azusa will def. be on the list. any other colleges in cali yall recommend? that would take a kid from out of state with a 3.2?

ecrazy

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 09:04:20 PM »
University Of La Verne....You Say You Got The Money.....Well they'll Take you if you can show that you can pay them off, Really cool school, smalltown atmosphere, everything is nearby, not as crowded as the other schools, Hella Expensive though,....Near Pomona, so music venues are nearby....um, near San Dimas and Raging waters (where i work) ....um, good pizza places around campus....its a buisness or Law school primarly, and also a elementry education major school.....those are the top 3 majors for people there (outta all the people ive talked to that go there, or are wanting to transfer there, thats all they go for)............

The Claremont Colleges - 5 colleges all in the same vecinity,
there is Pomona College - A Laid back chill school, but much emphisis on the sciences
Claremont Mckenna College - Its a Liberal Arts Major School, dont know much, small campus
Pitzer college - Laid Back outta all of the colleges, 99% graduation rate, but they say its an easy learning environment, all the teachers are chill
Harvey Mudd College - Engineering and Math Major School.....You gotta be smart to be in here
And They are all in the same vecinity as
Scripps College - All Women's College - Some fine ass girls go there, but mostly a lot of feminist and women rights lesbos, but they also have a grip of international students, and you know they want some american cock in them...

So there you go, those are all the schools close to me, that ive looked into.....

ecrazy

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005, 05:58:36 PM »
since your on the college hunt, ive been looking into colleges to transfer to, primarly colleges with a criminal justice and/or police studies offered....one school that has shown interest in me, and even offered a scholarship if i keep my grades up is EKU, but its all the way in Kentucky, and there aint shit in kentucky, so does anyone know or can reccomend a school please? your help would be appreciated