Author Topic: Maybe history is trying to tell us something  (Read 331 times)

J Bananas

Maybe history is trying to tell us something
« on: June 23, 2005, 01:17:17 PM »
Since the dawn of man, people have killed each other to advance thier own agenda. Be it politics, drugs, religion, whatever, we kill for it all. Since the invention of religion, there has been some sort of opposition to violence citing that it is not natural for us to kill eachother. What if maybe we are all just a product of a religious society and we are wrong; violence is the answer. I mean, every form of life in the world fights for it's advancement and survival, what makes us as humans beyond that? Maybe the age old way of doing things is just a reflection on how life is supposed to be, maybe religion is just hurting things by making us feel superior to everything else and making us feel guilty for violence. What if all this religion stuff was bullshit and we are heavily engrained into a form of thinking that is actually negative to us? Should we learn to accept the killer in us all as part of our nature? Why go on pretending we are superior to other forms of life? The world thrives on violence, why should we feel guilty for it?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Maybe history is trying to tell us something
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 03:56:38 PM »
Actually all religions do not say that violence is unnatural.  Allah teaches Muslims in the Noble Qu'ran that it is permissable for the believer to stand up against oppression, and that there is nothing to fear of the enemy. Here is a translation for you....

Qu'ran 42:41
"Indeed, Those who fight when oppressed incur no giult,
For such there is no way (of giult) against them"

Qu'ran 42:42
"The way of blame is only against those
who oppress men and rebel in the earth
without justification; for such there is
a painful torment"

Qu'ran 42:43
"And verily whoever shows
patience and forgives, that would truly be from
the things recommended by Allah."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 04:10:24 PM by Allah's slave: Ibrahim Abdullah »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »
Catholicism is the most anal religion I have ever encountered, yet you are still permitted to kill (given the circumstances) and still repent and go to heaven. The bible is used to teach you right from wrong. I hope everyone here knows killing is wrong, but sometimes it is the right path unfortunately. God knows this and gives everyone the chance to admit their wrong doing so they can find salvation. If you are in a kill or be killed situation, it would be kinda messed up if you take the person out but give up your chances at eternal happiness.

rafsta

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 02:18:48 PM »
Since the dawn of man, people have killed each other to advance thier own agenda. Be it politics, drugs, religion, whatever, we kill for it all. Since the invention of religion, there has been some sort of opposition to violence citing that it is not natural for us to kill eachother. What if maybe we are all just a product of a religious society and we are wrong; violence is the answer. I mean, every form of life in the world fights for it's advancement and survival, what makes us as humans beyond that? Maybe the age old way of doing things is just a reflection on how life is supposed to be, maybe religion is just hurting things by making us feel superior to everything else and making us feel guilty for violence. What if all this religion stuff was bullshit and we are heavily engrained into a form of thinking that is actually negative to us? Should we learn to accept the killer in us all as part of our nature? Why go on pretending we are superior to other forms of life? The world thrives on violence, why should we feel guilty for it?

the difference is, we dont kill and eat other people, but we do kill animals beneath us on the food chain !

and we are superior to other animals.

Diabolical

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 04:20:10 PM »
What makes us superior to other animals? Just because we can build all this stuff?

J Bananas

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 06:37:49 PM »
I do understand we are superior mentally and physically to many other animals. What I am trying to get at is since we (the human race) are a culture based on and surrounded with violence, maybe we should learn to get over ourselves and accept the killer instinct in us all. I often hear people say "well I could never kill another human being", this sounds like bullshit to me, or a sign of mental reprogramming. Maybe in order to gain another step towards inner peace, we should realize that we are all naturally killers, and stop acting with such shock and disgust when confronted with scenes of the worlds natural process. Isn't it a little silly that large groups of people gather together in hopes of curbing violence throughout the world? Are you sick of seeing bumper stickers saying "give peace a chance", in reference to the war when in reality across town youths are shooting each other over a corner? So many like to pretend that violence is manufactured by tyrannical rich white men, when really it's everywhere, we just want to choose which "atrocities" we focus on. Atrocity isnt even really a good description, seeing as murder is part of the natural process of the world. Oh well, thats my rant pt. 2, I don't expect to change too many opinions because the system our western culture has set up is heavily engrained in all our minds, and it is often hard to realize the big picture without changing your boundaries mentally and physically. Peace.

Matrix Heart

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 07:32:54 PM »
What makes us superior to other animals? Just because we can build all this stuff?

After your comment, I can see why you wouldn't feel smarter than a donkey.

;D

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2005, 07:45:15 PM »
I do understand we are superior mentally and physically to many other animals. What I am trying to get at is since we (the human race) are a culture based on and surrounded with violence, maybe we should learn to get over ourselves and accept the killer instinct in us all. I often hear people say "well I could never kill another human being", this sounds like bullshit to me, or a sign of mental reprogramming. Maybe in order to gain another step towards inner peace, we should realize that we are all naturally killers, and stop acting with such shock and disgust when confronted with scenes of the worlds natural process. Isn't it a little silly that large groups of people gather together in hopes of curbing violence throughout the world? Are you sick of seeing bumper stickers saying "give peace a chance", in reference to the war when in reality across town youths are shooting each other over a corner? So many like to pretend that violence is manufactured by tyrannical rich white men, when really it's everywhere, we just want to choose which "atrocities" we focus on. Atrocity isnt even really a good description, seeing as murder is part of the natural process of the world. Oh well, thats my rant pt. 2, I don't expect to change too many opinions because the system our western culture has set up is heavily engrained in all our minds, and it is often hard to realize the big picture without changing your boundaries mentally and physically. Peace.

Killing is a basic instinct. Repressing that is millions of years of evolution giving us the consiousness to choose whether it is a good idea or not. I believe we are naturally hunters, but not killers. No human wants to take another humans life unless they have an imbalance or something. Believe me, if I wanted to murder someone bad enough, the person would be deader than a doornail. But because our minds our so advanced, we feel compassion and we feel guilt. We start thinking, "Gee, what if this guy has a family?". Now, that wouldn't stop me if my life was in danger, but no animal kills just to kill except humans. No animals organize and go to war. I believe we are given the choice to murder, because if we don't, the world would be a much more violent place. Imagine if no one stopped Hitler. Used in the right way, murder is justified, and no one thinks twice about it.

Thirteen

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2005, 09:16:35 PM »
sounds like Jamal is back

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 06:15:46 AM »
Imagine if no one stopped Hitler.

No need to imagine, just look at what Bush is doing.

What does that comment have to do with anything in this thread? Absolutely nothing. Please stop bothering me little boy.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 04:01:31 PM »
 :tosser:

rafsta

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 05:00:47 PM »

but we now have a conscience, we dont need to kill to survive, some people when put in that situation do it, but not all would... if it was life or death, and some one was tryin to kill me, i would fuck them up first, thats basic instinct kickin in.

Diabolical

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 07:37:23 AM »
Just because you can log onto a computer doesnt make you smarter Mr Ghost.

:tosser:

What he said.