Author Topic: Nas & Pac: beef or peace?  (Read 404 times)

Juice

Nas & Pac: beef or peace?
« on: July 05, 2002, 09:13:56 AM »
No, this aint about who's better.. who cares? They both tight as fuck, even if the charisma of Pac destroyed Nas when he was alive. My topic is about the beef they had while Pac was still alive. Do you think Pac died with a beef with Nas or being cool with him?

Recently Suge said he talked with Nas before he died, but can we really trust Suge talking about those shit? He's the same who said 2Pac made Hit Em Up 2 by dissing Snoop. I think he's just using Pac for commercial reasons (disses to Doggystyle Records and props to East Rappers, why know why.. Tha Row East, collabos with Murder Inc, Ja Rule, etc..).

Pac left us with the intro of Makaveli and with "the realest shit he ever wrote", destroying NAS, and with the unreleased version of "When Thugz Cry" where he dissed Nas again. He left us after he made interviews dissing Nas.. and with the Lawz dissing him too.

And then? No words about the Outlawz, but a "Lawz got no beef with nobody. It's all about the money".

Nas made 2 tribute tracks dedicated to Pac (We will survive and Got Yourself a Gun), and in the first one he said: "I cant believe you called my name in the realest shit u ever wrote", so that means he was surprised. Mmmm..

I dunno if you already talked about it... but if you did, i just wanna know the answer, if there's one. Commercial lie or truth? (the one of Suge). Nas trying to attrack Pac's fans? (like Eminem). Outlawz caring about their business and not riding on Pac's enemies no more?

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
Re: NAS vs PAC: the final word!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2002, 09:17:16 AM »
they cool, even nasty nas said so  8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Juice

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2002, 09:23:05 AM »
they cool, even nasty nas said so  8)

LOL. It's easy to be cool with Pac now! He's still the most popular rapper of the world! Is it because they talked before Pac died or it's just an Eminem-move? To have the simpaty of Pac fans? It's strange how Nas was the number 1 enemy of all the Pac fans untill he made We Will Survive and expecially Got Yourself A Gun.

Think about it. Now 90% of Pac fans are going to support Eminem and Nas.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2002, 09:30:45 AM »
didnt tha outlaws that pac an nas ended there beef b4 pac's untimely passin

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2002, 09:36:09 AM »
Nas & Suge both said that Nas & 2Pac cleared things up before 'Pac's death, Nas also went on to say that they were supposed to meet up and talk about some collabo's but 'Pac died and obviously that made things impossible (unless they were to chuck Nas on a previously unreleased track ofcourse). I'd like to believe it was a legit clearing up, I think 'Pac and Nas would of worked well together, and 'Pac didn't really have much to beef with Nas about in the first place anyways. You can tell Nas has total respect for 2Pac, all the other people 'Pac dissed took shots at 'Pac, even after his death. Nas held back, that gives me reason to believe he and 'Pac did actually make up.
About the 'Lawz, without 'Pac they don't really have any reason to diss those rappers anymore, I mean they were just riding with 'Pac, they backed him up, they were just showing loyalty, after all they were his 'l'il homies'.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2002, 09:43:22 AM »

LOL. It's easy to be cool with Pac now! He's still the most popular rapper of the world! Is it because they talked before Pac died or it's just an Eminem-move? To have the simpaty of Pac fans? It's strange how Nas was the number 1 enemy of all the Pac fans untill he made We Will Survive and expecially Got Yourself A Gun.

Think about it. Now 90% of Pac fans are going to support Eminem and Nas.

I've supported both Nas & 2Pac for many years, even before 'Pacs death when those beefs were ripe. It didn't really bother me that they (Nas & 'Pac) had beef, it wasn't like 'Pac had much to say anyways, and it wasn't like it was a 2-way thing. The only fans that make enemies out of 'Pac's past beefs are the dickriders, these fans are still around and they need to realise that if 'Pac was still alive today that he would prolly of squashed most of those beefs by now.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Juice

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2002, 09:50:32 AM »
Not true at all. I mean... the Lawz are the same who dissed Mobb Deep in a famous freestyle ("Thug Life is.. yours?". Remember that?) AFTER Pac died. And then the Mobb Deep are in their last DVD. And it's the same with Hussein Fatal. I dont trust this shit no more, man. It's all about business. Nas is being cool with Pac? Right, lol. Only after Pac died! He wasnt like that soon after Pac died, remember that.

Outlawz are doing what is better for them. I think they got no problems doing tracks with Shyne or P Diddy now. And since they still rep the Jerzey, it's not good for them to have beef with Nas, the greatest right now. It's all about business, man. So boring... it was different with Pac. Def.

P.S.
Btw the Lawz changed their mind about Nas, Mobb Deep, Jay-Z and Death Row about 300 times already! They aint really a reliable source IMO.

We will probably never know. It's like The Realest saying he worked with Pac. Or it's like Master P and C-Murder saying Pac was their homie. You know.. WHO KNOWS?

Juice

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2002, 09:55:14 AM »
>= link=board=general;num=1025896436;start=0#5 date=07/05/02 at 14:43:22]I've supported both Nas & 2Pac for many years, even before 'Pacs death when those beefs were ripe. It didn't really bother me that they (Nas & 'Pac) had beef, it wasn't like 'Pac had much to say anyways, and it wasn't like it was a 2-way thing. The only fans that make enemies out of 'Pac's past beefs are the dickriders, these fans are still around and they need to realise that if 'Pac was still alive today that he would prolly of squashed most of those beefs by now.

Ok, you are obviously an "intelligent" fan of Pac. Like me. But you cant neglect what i wrote about 90% of Pac fans. They still hate P Diddy and Jay-Z! They hated Eminem's first works, and they hated Nas before they both started to give Pac props and making tribute for them.

C'mon.. Pac is the most popular rapper of the world! Even a great like Spice 1 is known for his collabos with Pac more than because of his great albums (i'm not talking about you or about guys from this board... but i'm talking about Pac fans in general! They know One Day At A Time, Jealous Got Me Strapped, etc.. u know..), so to say there was no problems with Pac is a real temptation, man. Even if it wasnt true.

And it's the same with the Lawz and Tha Row with Nas.

It's all a business.

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: Nas & Pac: beef or peace?
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2002, 01:02:42 AM »
The 'Lawz said that they squashed the beef with Mobb Deep ages ago, and fair enough, 'Pac prolly would of done the exact same thing if he was still alive today. Ongoing beefs only end in tradegy, why lose more of their fam, be safe and make up, that makes sense to me.
Yeah, I know those fans still exist, but if their just supporting Nas now because he claims him & 'Pac made up then they aren't real hip-hop fans, if they were they would realise that 'Pac may have had beef with these rappers/groups, but alot of them make really dope and classic music which you shouldn't or wouldn't ignore if you really love hip-hop.
And I don't think Nas came out with the story of him & 'Pac making up straight away because he would of looked like he was a liar instantly because of the diss on Makaveli and the dissess on the unreleased tracks that surfaced around that time. And Suge wouldn't exactly make that whole Nas/2Pac make up story his first priority when he had his own problems after 'Pac died, like prison! But as soon as he came out him and Nas met up and shit and then they made the beef squashing story public. Nas prolly felt more comfortable telling people with Suge backing him up.
Hey, it could be a publicity stunt like you said, I mean 'Pac ain't here so we can't exactly be 100% sure, but I believe if they didn't squash if before his death they prolly would of if he survived.

Juice

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2002, 05:04:46 AM »
>= link=board=general;num=1025896436;start=0#8 date=07/06/02 at 06:02:42]The 'Lawz said that they squashed the beef with Mobb Deep ages ago

They dissed them in a recent freestyle, i think it was 2001. So not exactly ages ago!

>= link=board=general;num=1025896436;start=0#8 date=07/06/02 at 06:02:42]and fair enough, 'Pac prolly would of done the exact same thing if he was still alive today.

That's totally another point.

>= link=board=general;num=1025896436;start=0#8 date=07/06/02 at 06:02:42]Yeah, I know those fans still exist, but if their just supporting Nas now because he claims him & 'Pac made up then they aren't real hip-hop fans, if they were they would realise that 'Pac may have had beef with these rappers/groups, but alot of them make really dope and classic music which you shouldn't or wouldn't ignore if you really love hip-hop.

You are right. But those non real hip-hop fans are more important than real hip-hop fans. Cause real hip-hop fans will buy all the cds of their fav rapper no matter what, while non real hip-hop fans are easly influenced by those things. That's why i still got some doubts about it. Suge Knight talking shit about Snoop influenced no doubt a lot of non real hip-hop fans (or dickriders). And viceversa. You know what i mean? Pac dissing Nas influenced a lot of non real hip-hop fans (and dickriders), and Nas making tributes all of a sudden for Pac did the same. That's the point.

>= link=board=general;num=1025896436;start=0#8 date=07/06/02 at 06:02:42]
And I don't think Nas came out with the story of him & 'Pac making up straight away because he would of looked like he was a liar instantly because of the diss on Makaveli and the dissess on the unreleased tracks that surfaced around that time. And Suge wouldn't exactly make that whole Nas/2Pac make up story his first priority when he had his own problems after 'Pac died, like prison! But as soon as he came out him and Nas met up and shit and then they made the beef squashing story public. Nas prolly felt more comfortable telling people with Suge backing him up.

That's the problem. Only when Suge went out of jail and when Suge started to give props to East Coast, Ja Rule, Nas, etc.. And exactly when he started to really diss Snoop badly, he said the thing about Hit Em Up 2. You know what i mean?

>= link=board=general;num=1025896436;start=0#8 date=07/06/02 at 06:02:42]
Hey, it could be a publicity stunt like you said, I mean 'Pac ain't here so we can't exactly be 100% sure, but I believe if they didn't squash if before his death they prolly would of if he survived.

For sure. Like 99% of the Pac beefs (but the one with P Diddy and BIG, probably).

Jome

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2002, 08:36:27 AM »
I think they had beef when Pac died.
Sure Nas said they had met up and settled their differences, but I dont really believe it.
Pac was on a mission to diss EVERY major eastcoast-rapper, and I dont think they became cool before he died.

Just imagine how ppl would look at Nas if they still had beef when Pac died, and what light that would set Nas in.
"Ooh, there's that dude that disses dead persons" etc.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2002, 07:25:22 AM »

Just imagine how ppl would look at Nas if they still had beef when Pac died, and what light that would set Nas in.
"Ooh, there's that dude that disses dead persons" etc.

Some rappers did go on to diss 2Pac after his death, if I remember correctly Chino XL is one of them (correct me if i'm wrong).

Jome

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2002, 11:31:18 AM »
>= link=board=general;num=1025896436;start=0#11 date=07/07/02 at 12:25:22]

Some rappers did go on to diss 2Pac after his death, if I remember correctly Chino XL is one of them (correct me if i'm wrong).

True dat, but look how popular they are compared to Nas.
If Nas dissed Pac after his death, he wouldn't be as popular as he is now.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2002, 01:35:56 PM »

True dat, but look how popular they are compared to Nas.
If Nas dissed Pac after his death, he wouldn't be as popular as he is now.

Probably right, even though many Nas listeners  (not talkin about the serious heads though) will probably not even care about his oppinion on Pac.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but far as I know Chino started dissin Pac for no reason but probably the attention it got him. Most of those who had beef with Pac knew it was finished when he died, Chino went on seekin attention

Juice

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2002, 02:55:13 PM »
Probably right, even though many Nas listeners  (not talkin about the serious heads though) will probably not even care about his oppinion on Pac.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but far as I know Chino started dissin Pac for no reason but probably the attention it got him. Most of those who had beef with Pac knew it was finished when he died, Chino went on seekin attention

Yeah. Oh... btw he's another one who said he was cool with Pac before he died! LOL! IT'S A MAGIC WORLD!