Author Topic: Got a new internship with DJ Hideo (The Beat, CaliUntouchable, XM satellite)  (Read 303 times)

We Fly High

i just got a new internship with DJ Hideo, he is mixshow director & production assistant for 100.3 The Beat in LA. you also probably know him from the Cali Untouchables collective with Strong, Warrior and all them. and he has two XM satellite shows, West Coast Take Over, and one that focuses on neo-soul/hip hop. so yeah im looking forward to the internship. its on the 19th floor on Wilshire blvd. so the view of Los Angeles is so dope from there. yeah just thought id share my slow but sure progress into the industry. i've already been warned that its going to a 24 hour 7 days a week grind doing this, so gotta prepare for it.

Don Seer

tight.. sounds like major hard work though!

Timmeeeehh

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bloaw.
tight.. sounds like major hard work though!

Yeah, sounds you're gonna be in the position where you can make some moves man 8)

Tsjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
That sounds good man...I got a few questions though Justin ;) :

How did you hook up with him?
What exactly will you have to do over there?
Since you mentioned "that you're getting in the industry", what exactly would you like to become in this industry? A&R? Manager?

Good luck!

Diabolical

I just got accepted into the Music Technology course for next year so thats me one more step into the industry too. This year im gonna try and write some beats as ive just been inspired to listen to hip hop more/again.

ABN

i just got my degree in music a month ago and in September itīs off to LA for some work so maybe iīll bump into you.

We Fly High

That sounds good man...I got a few questions though Justin ;) :

How did you hook up with him?
What exactly will you have to do over there?
Since you mentioned "that you're getting in the industry", what exactly would you like to become in this industry? A&R? Manager?

Good luck!
thanks guys...

hrm.. i hooked up with him.. just at first just through constant e-mails at first.. I mean i see Warrior and Strong a lot , like at almost every event i go to, so i already knew wassup with the Cali untouchables and stuff. but i felt that interning for hideo would probably offer me more, as he had his hands up in 100.3 The Beat and XM as well as the CU business. so yeah i just hooked up with him at the Beat offices.. hella crazy cos an old cat from the station was visitng that night, and he was just tellin me about the night that B.I.G. died at the base of the office buildings, like right on the street intersection.

hrm. the things im going to be doing. a lot of it is just going to being his right hand man. like small tasks like organizing inputting contacts, muisc and stuff. and up to larger responsibilities like getting gigs for him, getting exlcusives (radio drops, mixtape joints), helping with mixtape production, like a lot of stuff i guess. helping with the XM satellite show, and all of that. a lot of liason between him and the labels and stuff. kinda acting like a Public Relations i guess.

i ultimately hope to become a label owner or some sort of important A+R or some shit. i have no idea, just lookin into the future and aimin high. i dunno the more and more i get into this business though, the more i become discouraged. like the artists you meet arent the same people that you think.. and in the end, it just seems like what you should be enjoying has turned into work.

Pissin on the Throne, where you going to be at in LA for work? what kind job are you looking for?
correct me if im wrong, but arent you originally from brazil?

CrookedDynasty

Wow... good luck to you man.

I know it's hard work and it's gonna feel like a grind at first... but all the best to you.

Things willl get much better later on.

Don Seer

contacts will come in tight for dubcnn stuff too  8)

ABN

iīm originally from the Dominican Republic but iīve been living in Sweden for the last 7 years. BMG in Sweden hooked me up with a job at their american offices in LA. donīt know exactly what iīm gonna be doin there though. i donīt really care coz itīll be a good learning experience and iīll sit in on whatever they let me sit in on and listen to. but i only got a green card for 4 months and i had hoped to get a green card for 1 year but iīll prolly go back in March if i enjoy it. i know iīm gonna be doin something that invovles promotion but i donīt even know which artists thatīs on the label. i know that Sony owns it so maybe iīll have to promote some of their artists from LA.

We Fly High

if its under sony bmg, u got Nas, outkast, j.lo, beyonce, alicia keys and a whole bunch of cats. christina aguilera. it should definitely be good experience. im sure if youre doing this sort of job, we'll definitely be bumpin heads.

Diabolical

Im looking for a placement somewhere lol.

ABN

just call around to every major you can find the number to. interships are a great way to start your career in the music business just ask Jimmy Iovine and Puffy :)

CrookedDynasty

just call around to every major you can find the number to. interships are a great way to start your career in the music business just ask Jimmy Iovine and Puffy :)

Internships are the best way. You gotta sacrifise a little in the beggining and you'll be checked to see how hungry you are for the industry, but once you're determined... the right person can discover you. It only takes time and patience.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Damn, sounds like you guys (Justin & Pissin' On The Throne) are doing big things!
Someone help Cop Killa out! :)