Author Topic: “Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Me” - Michelle Movie  (Read 8995 times)

Lucifuge

Re: “Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Me” - Michelle Movie
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2016, 11:27:35 PM »
Who's give a fuck about her today? She is nobody today and back in the day. she dedicated "aint no fun" song  8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

jman91331

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2016, 01:43:54 AM »
Beating up on a woman is some cowardly shit no matter how you slice it, but shit this was almost 30 years ago niggas was kids. If it weighed on her so much, the movie should've came out at least 10 years ago at least and not now when the child support dried up. Eazy was getting into domestics as was described in Jerry Heller's book, even had lyrics like "reach back like a pimp, slapped the hoe". Niggas didn't know any better then. Dre had achohol and anger issues with the loss of his brother among other things (which is no excuse by no means, like I said beating a woman is a bitch move) but apparently he got help and progressed from that shit. But you can tell this is an exaggerated piece to tear Dre down, the good ol' divide a conquer. Classic baby momma bashing but on-screen. All the people eating this movie up like shit was 100% facts is a damn fool. She had her own agendas no doubt. Made Dre like a weak abusive bitch, Suge like a hero, knight in shinning armor/trick, Pac like a bitch, Cube like a bitch (had that nigga swaying to the music like a bitch to her song in the studio lol) Jerry like the daddy, DOC nowhere to be found and he lived with her and Dre. Bottom line, she was foul. Dre moves on to she gets with Suge of all people. Then at the height of their beef with all the death threats a things from Suge, she goes and marries him and has a baby with him knowing Dre has a child in the household? Foul.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2016, 08:21:58 AM »
For what she was tryna portray, I thought it was well executed .. The tlc movie was far worse.
But it felt so useless, like it was a story that didn't need to be told since it didn't have anything of significance.  She basically just re-told the same stories we've heard about Ruthless and Death Row, but with her lingering around so you knew she was physically there.  It doesn't change anyone's opinion of Michel'le or show some side of her that we didn't know was there.

Plus you know damn well that at parties hosted by Dre, Suge or whoever, she wasn't running around offering food to everyone.

It's her story tho, not NWA's story .. Considering she was left out the NWA movie, I can see why she wanted to make it. She had a pretty interesting career with her relationships and all, so it was definitely different from what we saw in SOC.

I'm sure she exaggerated her side just as much as dre did.. It's human nature. Still entertaining tho.
But her relationships overshadowed her career, which is why we saw so little of her actually being anything of substance. That's a fail in my book, if you're an artist... like when movie stars are more known for who they've had kids with than for their actual body of work.

I'm not knocking her for portraying herself in a way that exaggerates the truth, but this is too much.  And again, there really wasn't a story... no real beginning, no real end.

To anyone who hasn't watched this, don't waste your time.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2016, 09:59:03 AM »
For what she was tryna portray, I thought it was well executed .. The tlc movie was far worse.
But it felt so useless, like it was a story that didn't need to be told since it didn't have anything of significance.  She basically just re-told the same stories we've heard about Ruthless and Death Row, but with her lingering around so you knew she was physically there.  It doesn't change anyone's opinion of Michel'le or show some side of her that we didn't know was there.

Plus you know damn well that at parties hosted by Dre, Suge or whoever, she wasn't running around offering food to everyone.

It's her story tho, not NWA's story .. Considering she was left out the NWA movie, I can see why she wanted to make it. She had a pretty interesting career with her relationships and all, so it was definitely different from what we saw in SOC.

I'm sure she exaggerated her side just as much as dre did.. It's human nature. Still entertaining tho.
But her relationships overshadowed her career, which is why we saw so little of her actually being anything of substance. That's a fail in my book, if you're an artist... like when movie stars are more known for who they've had kids with than for their actual body of work.

I'm not knocking her for portraying herself in a way that exaggerates the truth, but this is too much.  And again, there really wasn't a story... no real beginning, no real end.

I side with Sccit on this one. She has the right to sell her story, and tell it like she saw it. She had a career, and she has said in interviews she put her career on the side to be a "mommy," as she said. She allowed her career to be put aside and she was next to two of the most powerful men in hip-hop history. She has the right to tell her story, and she has every right to profit off of it. You don't have to like her point of view, but it is her point of view and it is her right to tell it from there. SOC was from Dre and Cube's point of view, and not everything they said was factual either. They took a lot of liberties with the truth. Many based on a true stories do that.

Sccit

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2016, 10:40:19 AM »

You can say the same about any lifetime movie tho .. It's always more about the life than the music.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2016, 10:49:46 AM »

I side with Sccit on this one. She has the right to sell her story, and tell it like she saw it. She had a career, and she has said in interviews she put her career on the side to be a "mommy," as she said. She allowed her career to be put aside and she was next to two of the most powerful men in hip-hop history. She has the right to tell her story, and she has every right to profit off of it. You don't have to like her point of view, but it is her point of view and it is her right to tell it from there. SOC was from Dre and Cube's point of view, and not everything they said was factual either. They took a lot of liberties with the truth. Many based on a true stories do that.
Of course - I'm not saying that she had no right to tell her story. I'm just saying that it was a really shitty untold story that didn't need to be told and doesn't have any value. It was more about where she was and what she was doing during important eras of west coast hip hop than about her. And even the overdramatized portions can't save it or make it interesting to anyone outside of the Ruthless/Death Row fan base. Huge waste of time. People already knew Dre put his hands on women when he was younger. People won't look at Michel'le any different than before - this was a poor man's version of What's Love Got to Do with It, but without a rise to stardom or even character development. No underlying message.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2016, 11:29:11 AM »

Of course - I'm not saying that she had no right to tell her story. I'm just saying that it was a really shitty untold story that didn't need to be told and doesn't have any value. It was more about where she was and what she was doing during important eras of west coast hip hop than about her. And even the overdramatized portions can't save it or make it interesting to anyone outside of the Ruthless/Death Row fan base. Huge waste of time. People already knew Dre put his hands on women when he was younger. People won't look at Michel'le any different than before - this was a poor man's version of What's Love Got to Do with It, but without a rise to stardom or even character development. No underlying message.

Any Lifetime movie is a poor version of a movie. So it is what it is.

Many have seen it, and it created a reaction. It has some value. It also made Michel'le money so obviously it was valuable to her.

Sccit

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2016, 12:02:56 PM »

Actually, a lot of people didn't know this story .. People like me and u know, but watched it wit my girl and she learned what we already knew about her relationships with dre and suge.. Pretty sure it was the same for most the females who watch these lifetime movies and aren't as knowledgeable in rap history.

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2016, 01:42:00 PM »
I'm about to check this out right now.

EDIT: Jamie Kennedy as Jerry Heller? Really?

Not the best acting job, but they actually made Jerry Heller look like a pretty good guy in this one.  Too bad he wasn't alive to see it because I think he would've been happy.

Yes .. His portrayal in this movie seemed more accurate than in SOC

From different points of view, everyone is different.

I haven't seen this movie, but I've heard her interviews on the topic many times. From my readings of it, Dr. Dre and her were in a wild relationship that she didn't know was abusive because it was normal to her, and Dre. So they just continued what they know. With that said, Dre was very abusive and always drunk. To her Jerry was amazing. She talked over and over about how he gave them money and a way of life. Sure it wasn't as much as Death Row, but it was something. Michel'le seemed like someone who really wanted to live a simple life, have her children and settle down with Dre. But Dre was getting more and more abusive, he started dating Sedale Threatt's wife and yeah.

From what I've heard from the movie, it seems like it's really from Michel'le's point of view. But looking at it in retrospect, what was said about NWA just standing there, let's not forget that Ice Cube wrote Eazy's line, "Jockin' the bitches, slappin' the hoes." This was a group what wrote about domestic violence and slapping bitches. What was she expecting? The problem is there is a lot of research about why women stay in abusive relationships. Michel'le then jumps from one abusive relationship to a mentally abusive relationship with Suge. From her interviews, Suge was very seductive, almost like the Devil. I think in that phase, she got very cocky, and very arrogant. Like she was on top of the world. Of course she'd get knocked down.

As for the 2Pac getting slapped around by Suge, I haven't seen the movie, but from what I gathered 2Pac would have beat the shit out of Suge. This might be Michel'le trying to bury 2Pac because it was known she was highly attracted to him. But one of the most consistent commentaries was that 2Pac would have fucked up anyone, including Suge, who messed with him. As one of his closest friends put it, he loved to fight

What? Even Richie Rich said that Pac was a square and they were close friends.

I heard that and if I can remember, I'm thinking he is meaning from a standpoint of hustling and selling drugs.  You gotta realize 2pac was out of his element when he was in the Bay initially.  But yeah squares fight too lol.

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2016, 01:47:27 PM »
Beating up on a woman is some cowardly shit no matter how you slice it, but shit this was almost 30 years ago niggas was kids. If it weighed on her so much, the movie should've came out at least 10 years ago at least and not now when the child support dried up. Eazy was getting into domestics as was described in Jerry Heller's book, even had lyrics like "reach back like a pimp, slapped the hoe". Niggas didn't know any better then. Dre had achohol and anger issues with the loss of his brother among other things (which is no excuse by no means, like I said beating a woman is a bitch move) but apparently he got help and progressed from that shit. But you can tell this is an exaggerated piece to tear Dre down, the good ol' divide a conquer. Classic baby momma bashing but on-screen. All the people eating this movie up like shit was 100% facts is a damn fool. She had her own agendas no doubt. Made Dre like a weak abusive bitch, Suge like a hero, knight in shinning armor/trick, Pac like a bitch, Cube like a bitch (had that nigga swaying to the music like a bitch to her song in the studio lol) Jerry like the daddy, DOC nowhere to be found and he lived with her and Dre. Bottom line, she was foul. Dre moves on to she gets with Suge of all people. Then at the height of their beef with all the death threats a things from Suge, she goes and marries him and has a baby with him knowing Dre has a child in the household? Foul.

You got my dying!  @ Ice Cube swaying to the music like a bitch to her song lmao

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2016, 01:52:02 PM »
Yall notice that when Suge got locked up he sent two Nation of Islam dudes to protect Michelle at the house?

I immediately thought of Russell Poole's initial theory of Suge hiring a guy from the Nation of Islam to take out Biggie. 

I didn't even know Suge even dealt with them.  Thought it was only former cops and blood buddies.  Interesting.

www.ClintDogg.com

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Kokane & Clint Dogg - International Gangxtas
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2016, 06:27:20 PM »
NEW Music from Michel'le - Music from the TV Motion Picture Surviving Compton

And these versions are all different to the versions released so far.

1  Nicety Nicety
2  No More Lies No More Lies
3  Something In My Heart Something In My Heart
4  I'm So Glad I'm Standing Here Today I'm So Glad I'm Standing Here Today
5  Moonlight (Bonus Track) 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 06:29:04 PM by www.ClintDogg.com »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7a4OUxIdVh4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7a4OUxIdVh4</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cHR2KmQgruQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cHR2KmQgruQ</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xKTGgMpff_I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xKTGgMpff_I</a>
All my songs with Kokane, Ms. Toi, Mac Shawn100, Top Dogg etc on iTunes. & Amazon.
Kokane & Clint Dogg - International Gangxtas, coming soon!...

Sccit

« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2016, 06:28:47 PM »

You got my dying!  @ Ice Cube swaying to the music like a bitch to her song lmao

Lmao best scene of the movie

Shhit on SCCit

Michelle subject of Unsung episode
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2018, 11:11:38 PM »
Was like a Surviving Compton 2. No Suge, No Dre. Alonzo barely touched it. No Doggpound interviews.