Author Topic: question for the black folks...  (Read 958 times)

rafsta

question for the black folks...
« on: June 27, 2005, 04:58:46 PM »
how many of you would try to use the whole "it's because im black isnt it" line to get out of trouble ? (in a serious situation)

tonight some dude was kicked out of the club for bein blind drunk, then he was being a cheeky kunt sayin we only kicked him out coz were being racist... saying that kind of shit you deserve to get smacked up a few times, i felt insulted when he said that, he was about 30cm away from bein legally smashed....

i consider what he said to be reverse racism...

whats all your thoughts on this ?

mauzip

Re: question for the black folks...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 04:59:55 PM »
how many of you would try to use the whole "it's because im black isnt it" line to get out of trouble ? (in a serious situation)

I say that a lot when I get in trouble.

rafsta

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 05:01:38 PM »

I say that a lot when I get in trouble.

plus youre not black you idiot.

mauzip

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 05:03:35 PM »
i'm a black man trapped in a white man's body :D

Thirteen

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 05:07:32 PM »

no you want a black man inside your white body....and his name is TQ

rafsta

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 05:08:07 PM »

nothin but net !!!

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 08:39:41 PM »

ouch
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 09:35:48 PM »
I was just talking about this with some friends the other day.

I have a friend who has a couple kids and I'm trying to tell him that if he tells them the world will be against them because they're black when they're young it will most likely have a terrible affect on how they grow up. You tell a kid that society hates you because it's racist then every time a non black does anything negative it's racism to them. They're going to go through childhood thinking every non black teacher that sends them to the office or every non black citizen that gives them a hard time it's because of racism.

Is there racism? Of course, but every time a white does something to a black it isn't always racist. Some people are just assholes in general. Some people also may be looking out for your best interest by using tough love, but if you confuse tough love with racism than you'll never learn the right messages.

I have friends that do the stupidest things get in shit for it and then say it's because they were black. A know a guy that wasn't allowed to run for class president because he was a trouble case from day one, skipped class on a reg, told teachers to go suck themselves, had been in too many fights to count, suspended multiple times, and expelled in middle school, but according to him it was because he was black.

If I take a pole of all my black friends and separate the ones with that blame racist whites for their misfortunes with the ones that don't, 99% of the ones on the racism side have next to no promise in their future and 99% of the other side a good upstanding human beings that are either going places or are places.

Whether society is racist or not is not the issue. The point is if you think the world is against you because you're black, or whatever colour, and you live by that philosophy you set yourself up for failure because you give yourself an excuse for every bad thing you do.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 06:07:51 AM »
^^^I basically agree. It's annoying as hell when everytime something isnt going exactly like a black guy wants he labels everyone causing this situation racist. It's incredible. Not that is annoying for all those other people who are wrongfully called racist and shit, also it keeps him from seeing his own flaws, which ultimately keeps him from achieving stuff, because he doesnt improve because he doesnt know what to improve because nothing is his fault is it? Vicious circle that is.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Diabolical

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 08:15:48 AM »
I agree with Shallow, im not black though ???

J Bananas

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 11:41:51 AM »
what the fuck is reverse racism

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 12:31:01 PM »
what the fuck is reverse racism

It's when someone makes a harmless comment, and someone else completely misconstrues it and makes it racist. It's like the person wants the other person to make a racist comment so they can rag on them.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 01:35:43 AM »
I was just talking about this with some friends the other day.

I have a friend who has a couple kids and I'm trying to tell him that if he tells them the world will be against them because they're black when they're young it will most likely have a terrible affect on how they grow up. You tell a kid that society hates you because it's racist then every time a non black does anything negative it's racism to them. They're going to go through childhood thinking every non black teacher that sends them to the office or every non black citizen that gives them a hard time it's because of racism.

Is there racism? Of course, but every time a white does something to a black it isn't always racist. Some people are just assholes in general. Some people also may be looking out for your best interest by using tough love, but if you confuse tough love with racism than you'll never learn the right messages.

I have friends that do the stupidest things get in shit for it and then say it's because they were black. A know a guy that wasn't allowed to run for class president because he was a trouble case from day one, skipped class on a reg, told teachers to go suck themselves, had been in too many fights to count, suspended multiple times, and expelled in middle school, but according to him it was because he was black.

If I take a pole of all my black friends and separate the ones with that blame racist whites for their misfortunes with the ones that don't, 99% of the ones on the racism side have next to no promise in their future and 99% of the other side a good upstanding human beings that are either going places or are places.

Whether society is racist or not is not the issue. The point is if you think the world is against you because you're black, or whatever colour, and you live by that philosophy you set yourself up for failure because you give yourself an excuse for every bad thing you do.

the thing i see, is that its hard for other races to really speak on this stuff. Its basically impossible to know how it feels to be another race, and impossible to REALLY see things from their point of view. Its kind of like, if your mother died tomorrow and mine was still here. And you dealt with your pain in a certain way, and i tried to give u advice on how to deal with it. You wouldnt necessarily respect my opinion cus you would know that i know nothing about how it feels to be in your shoes. Like u said, its a fact....there is racism in this country. And its worse then most white people WANT to believe. Like i said, when u dont experience it...you dont notice it. And yeah, i would imagine that a lot of black folks have a bit of a chip on their shoulders about racism, and who wouldnt? Obviously there's all types of people (in every race). So you always have certain people who point the finger for EVERYthing. Just like a white person who might bring about some frivoulous law suit for something that was their own fault. Just like a white person who might blame the countries economy problems on illegal immigrants....etc. What people have to understand is that you have NO idea what its like to live in another persons shoes. We are all equal, but not all the same. And if our roles were reversed...we'd all act the same way other races act based on their experiences. Its probably a hard line to define between "not pointing the finger for racism" and "not taking any racism from anyone".

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 02:46:01 AM »
the thing i see, is that its hard for other races to really speak on this stuff. Its basically impossible to know how it feels to be another race, and impossible to REALLY see things from their point of view. Its kind of like, if your mother died tomorrow and mine was still here. And you dealt with your pain in a certain way, and i tried to give u advice on how to deal with it. You wouldnt necessarily respect my opinion cus you would know that i know nothing about how it feels to be in your shoes. Like u said, its a fact....there is racism in this country. And its worse then most white people WANT to believe. Like i said, when u dont experience it...you dont notice it. And yeah, i would imagine that a lot of black folks have a bit of a chip on their shoulders about racism, and who wouldnt? Obviously there's all types of people (in every race). So you always have certain people who point the finger for EVERYthing. Just like a white person who might bring about some frivoulous law suit for something that was their own fault. Just like a white person who might blame the countries economy problems on illegal immigrants....etc. What people have to understand is that you have NO idea what its like to live in another persons shoes. We are all equal, but not all the same. And if our roles were reversed...we'd all act the same way other races act based on their experiences. Its probably a hard line to define between "not pointing the finger for racism" and "not taking any racism from anyone".

To me, all of that sounds like excuses. I know a few black people that got ahead in life just because they are black. One kid I know works at a bank, but about 4 years ago, he robbed two girls at gunpoint right in front of a bank. He is going to a prestigious college and he is working on a couple different political campaigns. He got the job because of the "equal opportunity" deal, he got in to the college because of affirmative action, and he is the token black guy to these people he is campaigning for. I'm not knocking him though. He is a smart kid, but he got a lot of stuff handed to him just because the color of his skin. There are so many laws in place that minorities can take advantage of and get ahead in life, I don't see what the problem is. If you are making 100G's a year, who cares what someone says to you? A couple of my black friends have also told me about a few incidences where people said something that could be taken as racist, my friends didn't even make the connection, but the people start apologizing like crazy. Maybe the Twin Cities is different, but I think so many white people are so afraid to be called racist, the catch themselves quicker than the minorities.

You are right about one thing though. I haven't experienced it from a black person's point of view. Maybe it's different, but from what I've heard, it seems like a couple black people are ruining it for everyone else trying to point out racist stuff too much. I believe that if people stopped worrying about what unimportant people thought of them and put this racist stuff on the backburner, a lot of problems would just go away. If everyone didn't let comments bother them, where's the power? Stereotypes only exist because people let them. The kid who I was talking about earlier, his mom is from Cabrini Greens, but she works 3 jobs, and she is a decent person. As far as I'm concerned, her skin could be blue, the respect is still there. Opporunity is color blind with hard work. She wanted her kids to grow up safe, so she worked more and bought a house in the suburbs. And you see the chain reaction, right? She got to the suburbs, now her son is a sophmore in a good college working 40 hours a week at a bank. That isn't very stereotypical. It sounds more like the American Dream. Everyone wants that. That isn't just a white thing.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005, 03:25:17 AM »

To me, all of that sounds like excuses. I know a few black people that got ahead in life just because they are black. One kid I know works at a bank, but about 4 years ago, he robbed two girls at gunpoint right in front of a bank. He is going to a prestigious college and he is working on a couple different political campaigns. He got the job because of the "equal opportunity" deal, he got in to the college because of affirmative action, and he is the token black guy to these people he is campaigning for. I'm not knocking him though. He is a smart kid, but he got a lot of stuff handed to him just because the color of his skin. There are so many laws in place that minorities can take advantage of and get ahead in life, I don't see what the problem is. If you are making 100G's a year, who cares what someone says to you? A couple of my black friends have also told me about a few incidences where people said something that could be taken as racist, my friends didn't even make the connection, but the people start apologizing like crazy. Maybe the Twin Cities is different, but I think so many white people are so afraid to be called racist, the catch themselves quicker than the minorities.

You are right about one thing though. I haven't experienced it from a black person's point of view. Maybe it's different, but from what I've heard, it seems like a couple black people are ruining it for everyone else trying to point out racist stuff too much. I believe that if people stopped worrying about what unimportant people thought of them and put this racist stuff on the backburner, a lot of problems would just go away. If everyone didn't let comments bother them, where's the power? Stereotypes only exist because people let them. The kid who I was talking about earlier, his mom is from Cabrini Greens, but she works 3 jobs, and she is a decent person. As far as I'm concerned, her skin could be blue, the respect is still there. Opporunity is color blind with hard work. She wanted her kids to grow up safe, so she worked more and bought a house in the suburbs. And you see the chain reaction, right? She got to the suburbs, now her son is a sophmore in a good college working 40 hours a week at a bank. That isn't very stereotypical. It sounds more like the American Dream. Everyone wants that. That isn't just a white thing.

Problem is, for white males they see affirmative action as an unfair advantage for minorities. They dont see that its actually only really throwing them a bone (like u said, token black guy). It helps, but it isnt gonna make the problem go away overnight. Youre talking about a country that has pushed ONE group (white males) to the forefront for hundreds of years. And now, to think that affirmative action which hasnt been around that long is making it too easy for minorities is crazy. Its not that white males are more or less racist then everyone else. They are JUST as racist as everyone else. BUT, they have the unfair advantage of basically running this country because of the past racism. So, seeing as how EVERYone has prejudices. Everyone discriminates to some extent. When one group holds the power...then they will ALWAYS hold the power without any type of laws to keep them from suppressing the advancement of others. Im not sure how old you are man, but if youre of an age where youve been working for a long period of time....you cant tell me youve never seen any type of prejudiceness in the workplace when it comes to hiring minorities. Im in a position to hire, so i can hire whoever the hell i want and the percentage of good to bad employees have been the same for me no matter what race they were. Its always been more of an economical disparity more then race. And its the rich kids who were far worse workers then the poor kids. But ive flat out seen managers, when asked if they would hire someone say "Are u serious? He's black.". The company im in doesnt have an affirmative action program and most of the hiring is done by white people. So assuming that we all have some sort of prejudice, who is more likely to get the job when the one doing the hiring is a white male? Besides that, race is only one part of the equations when it comes to minorities. If this country was all one race. White for example. No one would dispute the fact that the poor would be at a disadvantage. Crime infested neighborhoods, poor education, etc. Unfortunately this countries "ghettos" are filled with minorities. So for white males, they turn their eyes to that disadvantage and only focus on something like affirmative action to say, "wow...they have the upperhand" when really the white male has had the upperhand since birth.