Author Topic: J Wess Project - Bang this  (Read 227 times)

Acgrundy

J Wess Project - Bang this
« on: June 28, 2005, 07:37:49 PM »
I have no idea who this is, just came on randomly on my playlist.  the beat is incredible.  anyone know about this?  dope ass song.

Lesson2BLearned.

• Lil Geezy
Re: J Wess Project - Bang this
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 08:20:44 PM »
lol j wess maaaaaan... that fool didnt make it (to my knowledge) in the music or basketball industry in the states, so he went to australia and attacked the mainstream music scene, got his money up doing that for sure though, they was loving him a couple years back, i'd pass on it though. 8)

NthShore

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 10:45:52 PM »

he didnt quite hit it in Aus, didnt hit top 10's or aything... rap game is still pretty piss-poor there, aint enough guns, drugs and gangs for it to take off.. hahaha

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 12:49:35 AM »
^^^ International hip hop isn't well received here because of those very reasons. The Aussie scene is pretty strong, but overseas wise unless your Eminem, 50 or Nelly, Australian's don't seem to really care for it.

As for J-Wess, yer radio over-played his singles back at the start of 2004. He was originally from California, then moved down to Melbourne to release his debut and since then he hasn't done anything. His album was received better by female listeners, tracks like Luv Ya and Fantasy had more of an RnB feel to it. While his main singles Bang This and What Chu Want were popular in the clubs for a few months and then disappeared.

But J-Wess was only the producer/writer, i think he was only on the cd during the skits. Had some nice beats, but overall the album wasn't nothing too special.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

WestCoasta

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 12:59:36 AM »
big titties and a smooth pussy - bang this

NthShore

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 01:12:05 AM »

Damn, i know a lot of aussies banging Reverend Hammer's -  "Pumps 'n' a Bump"... reckon its funny as shit.

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 05:39:56 AM »
Yeah, he was pretty big but his shit is like, Ja Rule material, all for the ladies ..
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

NthShore

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 06:54:56 AM »

Couldnt put it better myself.  He's got his own ashanti called "Kulaia" that pretty much sings every hook.  Make a good combo. Bang This flows pretty well and is pretty bearable considering you realise they were making it soley for a commercial club banger..

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 08:00:23 AM »
His beats/songs aren't bad. Oz hiphop sucks ass. I remember hearing JWess saying he was a big fan of Quiks.

Matty

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 09:06:46 AM »
anybody wanna up some shit?

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 11:52:57 AM »
Haven't uploaded before so hopefully this works, if it doesn't i cbf doing it again being on 56k

http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1D38TWAEPX4H4120NHTCVGOFW0

^^What Chu Want, which was one of his other tracks that got over-played on the radio and in clubs around a year and a half ago.
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)