Author Topic: So Who Is Going To Be Watching Live8?  (Read 569 times)

ecrazy

Re: So Who Is Going To Be Watching Live8?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2005, 03:54:57 PM »
STEVIE WONDER WAS AMAZING!!!

ecrazy

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2005, 05:33:39 PM »
Kanye Is rockin it right now on the replay of the philly show

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2005, 06:26:47 PM »
I've been watching it... in the U.S. they played 8 hours of it on MTV, and then another 2 hours of highlights are on right now on ABC.  No sign of Brian Wilson yet, those motherfuckers.

By the way, as I type this, the Mexicans next door are shooting off Fireworks.  May I remind everybody that it's July SECOND.

Anyways.

I'm not big into Floyd or the Who, so they didn't impress although I'm sure it's great that they're performing again.

Beyonce is hot, but once again I've gotta say the other two chicks are hotter.  I've always liked them more, don't know why.  Maybe because they seem more attainable?  Could be a psychological thing, right?

Coldplay suck so fucking bad.  That Chris guy is annoying as shit.  Seeing Richard Ashcroft come out and sing with them was great, though.  He's a fuckin' rock star.

Mentioning Rock Stars, who caught Slash, looking cooler than anybody has ever looked walking the earth, Glamming it out with Velvet Revolver?  He was doing little charity walks down to where all the cameras were and shit.  His stack of amps had his logo on them, which is apparently a naked chick on top of the name of the amp, with Slash's hat on.  There has never been someone more rock star than Slash is a rock star.  When people say "rock Star" they're really saying "Slash". 

Bob Geldof looks like he needs some help himself.  I know he's trying to save the world, but shit he needs to sit the bottle down for a little while, maybe get a haircut, take a bath, get some clean clothes.  Damn.  The man's a wreck.

Will Smith was horrible.  Ab-So-lutely nothing good about his performance, which was sad.  Not only were the songs shit, the dancers weren't even that great, he was all distorted, and even the shit he was saying before was annoying as hell.  He was actually snapping his fingers every 3 seconds, over and over, to symbolize the folks dying in Africa.  Years ago when Marlon Brando did almost the EXACT same thing at Michael Jackson's tribute concert, they said he was crazy.  Will Smith is crazy.

Paul McCartney is great, but I've seen him so many times performing, and listened to his music so, so much that it's just kind of "blah" when I see him anymore. 

When they showed that chick, that was dying 20 years ago, that they saved through the concert (yeah right, how can they prove that?) Anyways, when they brought her out, you know DAMN GOOD AND WELL, they went out of their way to find the sexiest, hottest chick that was around back then to bring out.  Look, here's a starving girl.  Look, she grew up to be hot as hell.  That was so staged!

Greenday have turned into faggots.  When did that happen? 

Bono is just so fucking annoying, I CANNOT BELIEVE I was ever a fan of that group.

Madonna is almost as annoying, but she was way toned down this show and did a good performance.  The choir singing Like A Prayer was class, even though I dont' really like any madonna songs, that one was alright.

Snoop was downright disrespectful, I don't even know for sure if he knew why he was there.  I think (I'm almost positive) he actually thought the G8 hired him to show up.  He thanked "The 8 man committe" who asked him to be a part of the show.   ?  Snoop?  You on the weed again?  So the woman tried to cover it up and said "How do you think the G8 are going to respond?" or something like that, and Snoop said that he thought they already made a good start by taking the first step.

Now, maybe Snoop's a shrewd political commentator and was consciously commenting on how the G8 forgave 40 billion dollars worth of Debt 2 weeks ago, or how Tony Blair made the summit this year about Africa.  I think not, though.  I think Snoop thinks the G8 are the people who put the concert together. 

FUNNY AS HELL seeing the obviously old, white censors trying to fix up his performance.  Back in the day, when "DreDay" first came out, they'd play it, and as the years went by, the bleeped more and more as the execs at MTV figured out exactly what they were rapping about.  LOL.  It kind of reminded me of that.  They'd bleep him saying "Motherfucker" and then let at least a dozen go through without bleeping it.  "Up in your bitch is where you might find me"  "My Shit's On Hit Legit and now I"m on parole" all that was going through, he said "What's my motherfuckin' name?" at least a dozen times. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2005, 06:29:15 PM »
Oh, almost forgot, good to see Mariah Carey

1. Looking hot
2. looking healthy and thick
3. Looking happy
4. Performing in good voice
5. With a children's choir

Definately a highlight of the show, I'm glad she's pulled herself together, go Mariah!

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2005, 09:11:03 PM »
Sorry if this sounds ignorant as heck but, what is Live8? Is it just a big concert tour for charity with big name bands and/or artists?

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2005, 10:29:12 PM »
^ In a couple days, the G8 are meeting, that's the leaders of the world's 8 most important countries (haha, all you other countries will hate me because I phrased it that way!)

The purpose of the concert was to get signatures and names, pictures, etc. raise awareness for the starvation and poverty in Africa.  At G8, this year they're going to talk about Africa, and Bob Geldof wanted to send a message that everybody is serious about wanting poverty taken care of there.  They called it Live Aid before when they did it to raise money, this years was called Live 8 because they're not trying to raise money, they're trying to send a message to the G8. 

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2005, 10:39:42 PM »
Thanks for the info...sounds like an important event

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2005, 12:45:47 AM »
Incredible Event, I Won Tickets But Couldnt Go :(

Everyone Who Took Part Should Be Commended, Lets Hope Change Does Indeed Come...And With End Results This Time....

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

ecrazy

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2005, 01:18:29 AM »
I Got An Mp3 I Ripped Of Stevie Wonders WONDERFUL Performance, The Best Of All The Performers IMO, im uppin it now

ecrazy

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2005, 04:37:05 AM »
I thought the guy from Maroon 5 handled that song pretty good, although apparently it wasn't rehearsed very well, they stepped all over each other and got the lyrics a little slanted, but he sounded good with that.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2005, 04:42:44 AM »
The Snoop performance was ambarassing to me at least. Did he purposly choose songs with a lot of swearing in them or something, he seemed seem to realise exactly what the concert was for. I'm sure all of the millions of africans that we are trying to help through this concert would really have enjoyed Snoop's plentiful use of the "N Word" throughout his set. They showed it live on UK tv so nothing was bleeped or anything, they went back to the studio after his performance and Jonathon Ross (it seemed pretty shocked) just said "thanks to Snoop for some mutha-loving fun there" and then got on with the broadcast.

As far as the rest of the concert, Pink Floyd and Paul McCarthy were both excellent, but I wasn't really into any of the other performers at the UK Gig. From what I've seen of the other concerts, Stevie Wonder and James Brown were both amazing, but it seemed that in most of them the older bands were outperforming the new artists. Will have to see what else I can catch of the highlights today for the other gigs.

Diabolical

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2005, 11:53:45 AM »
Its not like Snoop could have did anything else, all his songs contain swearing. The people who booked him must have knew the songs content.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2005, 12:00:42 PM »
There were warnings put out about the concerts concert on radio so assume the TV had a disclaimer too - geldof did well yesterday he's usually more of a potty mouth - he musta just let snoop handle that - plenty of artists f'd and gef'd during the concert though...crowd were loving snoop - im happy that it drew awareness to the cause...thats all that matters.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2005, 12:35:56 PM »
pink floyd and paul was dope, so was bitter sweet symphony, i didnt see it all, anywere i can stream or dl the it? i cant believe i missed the killers btw.