Author Topic: What's the big deal about Jay-Z?  (Read 627 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What's the big deal about Jay-Z?
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2005, 10:38:25 AM »
Jay-Z was never anything more than an average rapper with no personality.

Oh man,i remember when he went on the Howard Stern show,he didn't want to talk about annything,it was the worst interview in the history of the show,He din't want to talk about beyonce,what a fag,the interview didn't even aired on the E! show.

J Bananas

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2005, 11:41:33 AM »
ou know, the west keeps me gangsta, the bay puts me in a real pimpish mood

I thought the bay was in reference to the San Francisco bay area, in the west...

wait a minute....was everybody here listening to smash mouth back in the early nineties and didnt really catch on to hip hop till later? yall are some uneducated muthafuckas.

Streets iz Watchin
Reasonable Doubt
In My Lifetime

If those arent some of the most comprehensive detailed expressions of the street mentality then I dont think yall are qualified to rate a real vet

rafsta

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2005, 05:23:02 PM »
Jay-Z was never anything more than an average rapper with no personality.

Oh man,i remember when he went on the Howard Stern show,he didn't want to talk about annything,it was the worst interview in the history of the show,He din't want to talk about beyonce,what a fag,the interview didn't even aired on the E! show.

jay-z no personality ? he has the most charisma in the game... and how can you blame him for not talkin about his personal life ?

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2005, 05:58:15 PM »
jay z is dope as shit, for 1, yes,he has a great ear for music, unlike nas, his lyrics are dope, not amazing, got good lines, but his flow is dope, he can go with just about any beat
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2005, 06:16:27 PM »
I personally dont see the big deal with him either. I have three of his albums (Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Black Album), and while he's good for a listen here and there, he doesnt do much for me overall. Definatly one of the most overrated mc's ever IMO.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2005, 08:05:23 PM »
In some aspects he's overrated, but on the whole, he's one of the most well rounded rappers in history. Charisma, flow, lyrical talent...he's got everything, just that at times he comes off as lyrically lazy. Reasonable Doubt is a hip hop classic. His last record is one of the best releases in the last several years, imo. Plus, he wrote 'Still D.R.E.' Dude deserves his props.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2005, 12:59:25 AM »
Jay Z is more then just a rapper, had the vision to found Roca-Fella-Records and also Roca-Fella clothes line, this way even if the muzik industry changes dramatically and he loses his edge in the rap world he'll still have a cool multi-million coming in every year. Respect to him. + back in the day he was a dope rapper no one can deny that, cleaver with words and phrazes. Jigga Man. ohhh and his got one of the best lookin women in the world on his shoulder!!