Author Topic: ***Review from Game's show in BELGIUM*** (Disappointment)  (Read 400 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
***Review from Game's show in BELGIUM*** (Disappointment)
« on: July 02, 2005, 12:50:47 PM »
I just posted the following @ the BWS forum:

Hopefully you'll read this Game, because you disappointed a lot of fans.

Just came back from Game's show @ Werchter Festival in Belgium. What a huge disappointment...

He started at 6 PM and did a few songs such as Westside Story, Higher, Put You On The Game, Dreams & Hate It Or Love It. Then he did the "suck my dick"-chant followed by How We Do.
And guess what: that was it! Only 35 fucking minutes...and he wasn't even performing for the entire 35 minutes. He did a tribute to Pac, Biggie, etc...and he held a chronic break + a drinking break for like 5 to 10 minutes, which was crazy:

He took a bottle of champagne and drank it out in just 1 minute, straight up. Then he drank another one also in about 1 minute. Then he said "who's drinking Hennessy in here?". And he drank an entire Hennessy bottle in not even 2 minutes.

And I think that's the reason why he left the stage all of a sudden. He probably got sick or something, I don't know...but he left the stage without saying anything to the fans. We were all standing there like "WTF? This is it?".

If he wanted to show off his drinking skills, that's allright with me, but do that at the end of your set, when you've done all the songs. At least the fans will have gotten what they wanted to see.

Eastwood was on stage  along with a BWS member and they noticed my BWS shirt and we kinda interacted with eachother by rapping Game's lyrics to eachother...lol, that was really cool. Seems like a cool dude. He had a Hennessy cup in his hands at the beginning of the show & was constantly throwing up the dub (like I was, hehe).

Anyway...since this was a festival, the price was pretty expensive: € 62 (about $66). But since Game was the only act I wanted to see that day, it was basically paying € 62 just to see The Game. Those 35 minutes were expensive as shit.

What I'm about to say may sound overexagerated, but fuck it:
At the next Game show all the fans shouldn't even show up. Maybe then he''ll realize that he wouldn't even be on the stage if it wasn't for the fans. I mean...if you were me today, you'd say the same thing. Don't you think?

I hope you've read this Game,

Sincerely yours,

A truly disappointed fan...

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
Re: ***Review from Game's show in BELGIUM*** (Disappointment)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 12:56:05 PM »
LOL @ "showing off his drinking skills."

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 01:01:49 PM »
I just posted the following @ the BWS forum:

Hopefully you'll read this Game, because you disappointed a lot of fans.

Just came back from Game's show @ Werchter Festival in Belgium. What a huge disappointment...

He started at 6 PM and did a few songs such as Westside Story, Higher, Put You On The Game, Dreams & Hate It Or Love It. Then he did the "suck my dick"-chant followed by How We Do.
And guess what: that was it! Only 35 fucking minutes...and he wasn't even performing for the entire 35 minutes. He did a tribute to Pac, Biggie, etc...and he held a chronic break + a drinking break for like 5 to 10 minutes, which was crazy:

He took a bottle of champagne and drank it out in just 1 minute, straight up. Then he drank another one also in about 1 minute. Then he said "who's drinking Hennessy in here?". And he drank an entire Hennessy bottle in not even 2 minutes.

And I think that's the reason why he left the stage all of a sudden. He probably got sick or something, I don't know...but he left the stage without saying anything to the fans. We were all standing there like "WTF? This is it?".

If he wanted to show off his drinking skills, that's allright with me, but do that at the end of your set, when you've done all the songs. At least the fans will have gotten what they wanted to see.

Eastwood was on stage  along with a BWS member and they noticed my BWS shirt and we kinda interacted with eachother by rapping Game's lyrics to eachother...lol, that was really cool. Seems like a cool dude. He had a Hennessy cup in his hands at the beginning of the show & was constantly throwing up the dub (like I was, hehe).

Anyway...since this was a festival, the price was pretty expensive: € 62 (about $66). But since Game was the only act I wanted to see that day, it was basically paying € 62 just to see The Game. Those 35 minutes were expensive as shit.

What I'm about to say may sound overexagerated, but fuck it:
At the next Game show all the fans shouldn't even show up. Maybe then he''ll realize that he wouldn't even be on the stage if it wasn't for the fans. I mean...if you were me today, you'd say the same thing. Don't you think?

I hope you've read this Game,

Sincerely yours,

A truly disappointed fan...
yep some MC don't respect their fans. Remember going at a DMX show: only 30 min  ???. Plus it's a usual thing

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 01:11:50 PM »
^^^^See that's the thing...he does respect his fans 'cause when he was here a few months ago he really showed a lot of love to Europe. And today too...but I bet it's the booze that simply fucked him up. I mean hey...drinking an entire Hennessy bottle in not even 2 minutes? Who wouldn't be feeling sick?

At least that's what I'm thinking...

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 01:17:18 PM »
and also, you said it was a festival right? acts at festival don't usually perform for hours... since it's alot of artists lined up. or did i get u wrong?

but yeah 35min is kind of short..

Caution2006

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 01:19:28 PM »
bet he went to the back to throw up lol

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 01:20:46 PM »
Nima: every artist that day is scheduled to perform for exactly 60 minutes. Check: http://www.rockwerchter.be for the schedule.

ABN

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2005, 01:25:31 PM »
yea that sucks. well if i were to see him and something like that would happen i would be pissed but it would still be cool coz when i checked him out the last time he was scheduled to perform for 45 minutes but ended up doin a set that was close to 1 hour and 30 minutes due to Snoop bein late(as usual). but that´s fucked up that it happened when you went to see him. hopefully it won´t happen when i´ll see him in a few weeks and if it does i guess me and the 20 motherfuckers i´m goin with gotta bumrush the stage ;D

SGV

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2005, 01:28:03 PM »

LOL. I find this a little fruity.

Anyway, if this was a Festival, 35 mins is fine. When I seen Snoop at Smokeout, dude must've done a 45 minute set, if that. 30-40 is typical for a Festival. Imagine, if Snoop, Cypress Hill or DMX do 40 minute sets, you should be happy Game did that long of a set. Artists like Snoop and them have CATALOGS. They have to figure in 4-5 albums worth of material in 40 minutes, Game has 1 album. I would've been satisfied, but then again I go to Concerts all the time.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2005, 01:28:11 PM »
I dont think he left the stage cause of that lol..at the wild 94.9 bomb concert he did the same shit drinking 2 champagne bottles straight and then a hennessey bottle but he still did at least 10 songs and the pac and big tribute..but all in the same that sounds shitty that he dissapointed everybody

Diabolical

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2005, 01:29:23 PM »
Most festivals artists only get a short set especially if they are on during the day but if he was to play for 60 minutes thats fucked. Also maybe it wasnt Games fault because festival prmoters can be wierd like that, he should still have said something though.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 01:32:39 PM by Cop Killla »

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2005, 01:30:29 PM »
30 minutes for a festival-show may be normal in America, but it's not the case here in Europe SGV. Every artist performs for the entire 60 minutes, and most of them would like to stay on stage even longer...

I see that Game is online at the BWS forum right now...I'm sure he's reading it...I wonder if he'll give feedback though:

In total there are 64 users online :: 51 Registered, 4 Hidden and 9 Guests   [ Administrator ]   [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 108 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:58 am
Registered Users: 100spokes, 11274, ak47, Alkoe 310, biggdee, blakstarz, Booba, ch0b, CJ, cminus 909, CRAFTY, D.U.I., Dazz99, deekRFC, Endeava, fat tony, finelilnucca, gggame, gold dees, grego, GUNOTUK, HEATER, hiphop4ever, ho0ni, hotlikesummer, HURRICANE GAME, Ice Cream Man, JDP000109, Kapone, KEEYSHA, kei122, KrAzY-K, lil 4, mac187, mark_27, MoneyMikeGrip, MVP07106, N-bany, Outlaw_91791, Platinum Gurl, s.bates, Soldger, stuart, tdot promoter, The Protege, tracy25, trdub, two one, udontwantdrama2, vatoslocos, Young Platin
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 01:32:15 PM by CRAFTY »

lil layzie

• 'G'
  • lil layzie
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2005, 07:44:38 AM »
Well I would sue him...

RaDeOn

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2005, 08:01:56 AM »
thats really fucked up! i mean he can train his drinking abilities after the show not in the show! fans are coming to see him rapping and talking shit about g-u not and not about other things......i wasnt on that show but its really fucked up to read something like that....

deeznutz213

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2005, 08:11:54 AM »
At least he showed up. He was supposed to be in Greensboro, NC last week for the SuperJam concert with T.I., Ying Yang Twins, Trillville, and Boyz In Da Hood with Young Jeezy but he didn't show up. He was supposed to co-headline with T.I. A lot people are hot over that shit. I know I would have been. I didn't even get tickets b/c I know he's got a little history of not showing up (How The West Was One). I tried to tell everybody else but they didn't listen.