Author Topic: Interesting Muhammad Ali quote  (Read 2340 times)

Trauma-san

Interesting Muhammad Ali quote
« on: July 04, 2005, 07:40:29 PM »
I saw something great today. 

I don't know how many of you have followed Ali's career very carefully, but when Ali was young, he was actually named Cassius Clay.  He was kind of unknown, and got a chance to fight Sonny Liston, the heavyweight champion of the world, and beat Liston, in what a lot of people call the greatest upset of all time.  I guess it wasn't really an upset, because Ali truly was better, but nobody expected him to win. 

Anyways, He beat Sonny Liston in 6 rounds (Liston couldn't continue), and shocked the world.  Cassius ran around making fun of Liston, and then ran his mouth from then on (until now, basically) about how he was the greatest.  It was such a cocky display, he beat Liston, stunned everybody, then ran around saying "I'm The Greatest!... I'm a BAD MAN!" on live t.v. and shit after the fight.  At that time, he was the only one who knew he was the Greatest, lol.

Anyways, what happened soon after is what the topic's about, soon after that fight, he met Elijah Muhammad, and decided to convert to Islam, or become a Muslim, whatever you term it.  Anyways, today, I saw footage of Ali's next fight! He rematched Sonny Liston, and I always knew he knocked Liston out in the first round of the rematch.

Anyways, they start the show, and they're calling Ali, "Cassius".  The crowd is booing him, and going nuts, and when he gets to the ring, all of his ring attire says "Muhammad Ali" on the back of it.  It was really striking... they were billing it as "Cassius Clay", and here he was, really thin (206 was the weigh-in), really young, perfect complexion, just a young small thin guy, in this heavy robe that said "Muhammad Ali"... it was almost like seeing the birth of Muhammad Ali, or the legend that that amazing robe represents, you know?  It was Cassius Clay, in a Muhammad Ali robe.  Very strange, it's hard to put to words, but when you think of Cassius Clay you think of one thing, and when you think of who should be standing in that famous white "Muhammad Ali" robe, you think of another thing.  I think it was just his low weight that made it look so strikingly different, but it was interesting.

Anyways, the announcers on t.v. keep calling him Cassius, although his robe clearly says Ali.  Remember he's only won 1 major fight, and this is the rematch, who many expected him to lose. 

They announce Sonny Liston's name, and then say "And his opponent, the Heavyweight champion of the World, "Muhammmmmad Ali!" and the crowd boos and goes crazy... Ali just held one glove up in the air, almost like that pose from the Olympics that year when it was all black on the stand.

Anyways, the thing to know about Sonny Liston is that he was once a gangster, he had ties to the mob, went to prison, all this bad shit.  People even say he threw this fight to pay back some debts, but whatever.  The guy was by all accounts an asshole, and a few years later, he was found shot to death in a motel. 

Anyways, Ali proceeds to just make a fucking FOOL out of Liston in the ring, he danced around him, didn't get hit but maybe once in the stomach, everytime Liston would swing, Ali would dodge, and Liston would try to hit him, Ali was actually blocking the blows or ducking them, bouncing off the rope, this insane fighting style with his hands flying 4 or 5 feet before Liston had time to move, just incredibly fast.  Anyways, Ali barely hits Liston, and Liston goes down.  The crowd starts booing and going crazy, Liston gets back up, falls down again, they stop the match, Ali goes nuts.  He walks over to the edge of the ring, and goes "WHAT'S MY NAME?" and the crowd goes nuts, booooooo , he points at some guy in the front row and goes "WHAT'S MY NAME?" points at another and says "WHAT'S MY NAME?"and is just pointing at everybody and yelling at them, and the crowd hates him and is going crazy. 

The crowd is booing his ass, so bad.  The guy walks up to interview him, and calls him Cassius, Ali flips out and tells him to call him Muhammad, praises allah, all of that, and then they talk about the match. 

Ali says he won because he's been praying and living right, he had Allah on his side.

Then, here's the quote...

They show him the tape of him dancing around the ring, just totally clowning Liston, doing crazy foot moves, etc. and the guy asks him what he was thinking there

Ali says "I was just listening to the crowd boo.  They wanted Liston to win, he's a gangster and a criminal, and I'm living the good life, and I guess they wanted the gangster to win, so they boo'd me"

I almost felt bad for him, because he was 100% correct, it was pretty fucked up. 

Trauma-san

Re: Interesting Muhammad Ali quote
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 07:46:39 PM »

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 07:55:29 PM »
it is fucked up, but Ali sure fucked him up, lol

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 09:37:11 PM »
That quote has a lot of truth to it, white America doesn't like to see it's people turning to Islam like Ali did (although first through Elijah Muhammad and then eventually he found Islam in it's true and universal form).  The United States is at war with two Muslim countries. 

On top of that, Americans of all races love gangsters, just ask Al Pacino and Suge Knight, both made millions selling the lifestyle.  America was founded by gangsters.  First the gangster'd the Natives up off their land, and now today, George Bush is the biggest, baddest gangsta in the world, gansterin' Iraq and Afganistan up off of their land and his partners (Cheney, etc.) are making billions in oil and reconstruction contracts.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 09:38:56 PM by Allah's slave: Ibrahim Abdullah »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Thirteen

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 10:22:23 PM »
That quote has a lot of truth to it, white America doesn't like to see it's people turning to Islam like Ali did (although first through Elijah Muhammad and then eventually he found Islam in it's true and universal form).  The United States is at war with two Muslim countries. 

yeah you hit it right on the head.... in 1965 EVERYONE hated the muslims...

it wasn't because Ali was a newcomer that was a cocky ass black dude and knocked out fan's favorite boxer

you're a fucking idiot

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 03:44:27 AM »

it wasn't because Ali was a newcomer that was a cocky ass black dude and knocked out fan's favorite boxer

you're a fucking idiot

Look man, I'm white, I've grown up around honkies, I know their mentality, the white people who hate Ali, really hate the fact that he had the "nerve" to change his name to Muhammad Ali.  Because Muhammad Ali is about as Muslim of a name you can get, Muhammad is the name of the Prophet who revealed the Noble Qu'ran, and Ali is the name of the cousin of the Prophet, and the most famous Muslim leader to follow Muhammad.

Had he been a young, cocky newcomer, Christian, Jesus worshippin black boxer named Cassius, they would not have given him the same grief.   Although it wasn't the only reason they hated him, Clay changing his slave name to a righteous Arabic name- Ali- was a huge factor.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 08:20:29 AM »
the white people who hate Ali, really hate the fact that he had the "nerve" to change his name to Muhammad Ali.  Because Muhammad Ali is about as Muslim of a name you can get, Muhammad is the name of the Prophet who revealed the Noble Qu'ran, and Ali is the name of the cousin of the Prophet, and the most famous Muslim leader to follow Muhammad.

Had he been a young, cocky newcomer, Christian, Jesus worshippin black boxer named Cassius, they would not have given him the same grief.   Although it wasn't the only reason they hated him, Clay changing his slave name to a righteous Arabic name- Ali- was a huge factor.

I hate Ali, but it has nothing to do with his conversion, or the man himself really. I hate the idea that a guy so protected thouhghout his career because he could draw big money gets so much more acclaim than guys like Joe Lewis, or Marciano. True champions who didn't have to obiously cheat to win. Ali would use the head lock so many times in a match you'd think he was a wrestle. He wore a stomach gaurd that covered almost everything up to his ribs and wasn't asked to lower it once. And let's not forget how he dodged Foreman for the rematch after a probable fixed fight. Saying Ali is the best boxer of all time is like saying Bruce Lee is the best fighter of all time. You might fool the loons, and you may not get to many people to say it on TV, but everyone that really knows what they're talking about knows better. Ali was a charasmatic guy who made a lot of money, and as a promoter there is no one I'd rather have as champ, but as a realist I know better. Just watch the fights and see all the liberties he gets away with and how his opponents always fight worse on the rematch after they had beaten him. When he beat Frasier because Frasier could see and the fight had to stop, Ali couldn't walk and the fight would have ended anyway whether Frasier coulld or couldn't see properly. When he fought the rematch with Spinks you'll notice that Leon isn't punching back, while just a few months earlier he was hitting Ali with everything and beat him. It's a shame Ali had to pay the promoters back at the end of his career. "We do you a favour, you do us a favour". The promoters spent a lot of time to make him seem better than he was so Ali had to sacrifice his health and get pummeled to make Larry Holmes seem better than he was. It's just a shame Holmes had no charisma on the microphone.

P.S. I wonder if he would have changed his name if he new the large part Muslims had in enslaving black people over the years.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 08:41:04 AM »

you're a fucking idiot

Look man, I'm white, I've grown up around honkies, I know their mentality, the white people who hate Ali, really hate the fact that he had the "nerve" to change his name to Muhammad Ali.  Because Muhammad Ali is about as Muslim of a name you can get, Muhammad is the name of the Prophet who revealed the Noble Qu'ran, and Ali is the name of the cousin of the Prophet, and the most famous Muslim leader to follow Muhammad.

honestly, i think its both man. He could have been a humble black man in the ring, and turned Muslim...they would not have supported him. Or, he could have been a loud mouth cocky Christian black man, they would not have supported him. But to be all three, cocky, black, AND turn Muslim....at that time, hell yeah they hated him. And on top of it, he was good. They hated the fact that he was good.  He was everything that White America (at the time) didnt like, and they couldnt do anything about it.

Thirteen

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 09:37:54 AM »

you're a fucking idiot

ok ok you're right, white american in 1965 was totally content with a cocky black guy, but he had to go and become muslim and that really made them flip the fuck out and hate him....

do you read what they fuck you're writing...it totally goes anything history has taught anyone else... he was black in the 1960's.... he was a cocky black in the 1960's, you act like that's not reason enough for america to hate him at the time

you're a fucking idiot... you wonder why your religion is so fucked up, it's retards like you that think everyone is out to oppress them.... do us all a favor and grow some balls. strab some fireworks and gasoline on yourself and try to blow up a walmart.... just please don't make me clown you again

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005, 09:44:46 AM »
What the hell are you guys talking about. He may have gotten mixed reactions in the beginning, but he did such a good job ripping off Gorgeous GEorge and Freddie Blassie that the crowds began to love him a lot by the time the late 60s and early 70s came around. George Foreman was quiet reserved black guy that waved the US flag, but Ali was the good guy when they fought. Not just in Africa but in the US. Foreman was seen as the villain.

Thirteen

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2005, 10:32:26 AM »
What the hell are you guys talking about. He may have gotten mixed reactions in the beginning, but he did such a good job ripping off Gorgeous GEorge and Freddie Blassie that the crowds began to love him a lot by the time the late 60s and early 70s came around. George Foreman was quiet reserved black guy that waved the US flag, but Ali was the good guy when they fought. Not just in Africa but in the US. Foreman was seen as the villain.

man this just to further prove that everyone hates muslims

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2005, 12:07:14 PM »

Huh?

Thirteen

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2005, 12:13:45 PM »

the confused, brainwashed, white cracker of a muslim said that Ali was hated because he turned muslim... i called him an idiot and you just further backed me up

Huh?

rafsta

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2005, 05:30:09 PM »
the white people who hate Ali, really hate the fact that he had the "nerve" to change his name to Muhammad Ali.  Because Muhammad Ali is about as Muslim of a name you can get, Muhammad is the name of the Prophet who revealed the Noble Qu'ran, and Ali is the name of the cousin of the Prophet, and the most famous Muslim leader to follow Muhammad.

I hate Ali, but it has nothing to do with his conversion, or the man himself really. I hate the idea that a guy so protected thouhghout his career because he could draw big money gets so much more acclaim than guys like Joe Lewis, or Marciano. True champions who didn't have to obiously cheat to win. Ali would use the head lock so many times in a match you'd think he was a wrestle. He wore a stomach gaurd that covered almost everything up to his ribs and wasn't asked to lower it once. And let's not forget how he dodged Foreman for the rematch after a probable fixed fight. Saying Ali is the best boxer of all time is like saying Bruce Lee is the best fighter of all time. You might fool the loons, and you may not get to many people to say it on TV, but everyone that really knows what they're talking about knows better. Ali was a charasmatic guy who made a lot of money, and as a promoter there is no one I'd rather have as champ, but as a realist I know better. Just watch the fights and see all the liberties he gets away with and how his opponents always fight worse on the rematch after they had beaten him. When he beat Frasier because Frasier could see and the fight had to stop, Ali couldn't walk and the fight would have ended anyway whether Frasier coulld or couldn't see properly. When he fought the rematch with Spinks you'll notice that Leon isn't punching back, while just a few months earlier he was hitting Ali with everything and beat him. It's a shame Ali had to pay the promoters back at the end of his career. "We do you a favour, you do us a favour". The promoters spent a lot of time to make him seem better than he was so Ali had to sacrifice his health and get pummeled to make Larry Holmes seem better than he was. It's just a shame Holmes had no charisma on the microphone.

P.S. I wonder if he would have changed his name if he new the large part Muslims had in enslaving black people over the years.

i disagree with everything you said about ali, he was the greatest, he went against all odds and fucked up george foreman, no-one believed ali would win but ali, sure it wasnt the best fight, but ali fucked him up in the end, and put georges career on hold for 2 years... same as the other dude, the first match he lost by points, and then he won the second match knockout, i saw the match and i know it wasnt fixed, also ali faught him after he retired, he wasnt even in his prime....

and i also believe bruce lee is the best known fighter in the world (maybe there is a monk somewhere in a cave ready to tear shit up, i wont out rule that)...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2005, 05:48:48 PM »

i disagree with everything you said about ali, he was the greatest, he went against all odds and fucked up george foreman, no-one believed ali would win but ali, sure it wasnt the best fight, but ali fucked him up in the end, and put georges career on hold for 2 years... same as the other dude, the first match he lost by points, and then he won the second match knockout, i saw the match and i know it wasnt fixed, also ali faught him after he retired, he wasnt even in his prime....

and i also believe bruce lee is the best known fighter in the world (maybe there is a monk somewhere in a cave ready to tear shit up, i wont out rule that)...

Of course you think all that because you are a victim of propaganda. What else do you believe? That there really are WMDs in Iraq? Or maybe that there is no racism present in the US? How about the world being hateful towards the US only because they are jealoys of freedom?

And you get your facts wrong. 1) Ali never KOed Spinks. 2) Foreman was only gone about a year, and had only fought about once a year before that anyway (since winning the title). There was no rematch for a reason. 3) The average top level MMA heavyweight would fuck up Lee. Fedor or CroCop would destroy him. Bruce was like 140 lbs and has no wrestling skills or legal submission skills. He's a one dimensional fighter who's best move was striking you in the balls.

Also Ali has 4 lossseds I believe, Marciano has 0 losses. How is Ali better all time?