Author Topic: Interesting Muhammad Ali quote  (Read 2368 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Interesting Muhammad Ali quote
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2005, 06:32:32 PM »
hahahahah i never heard such bullshit about ali and bruce lee being wack in my life befo...hahahahaha, ali a cheat?!?! hahahaha...........its nearly as funny as claimin canada got real hoods, i been their, the average kid think he hood livin in a big clean neighbourhood

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2005, 08:51:18 PM »
hahahahah i never heard such bullshit about ali and bruce lee being wack in my life befo...hahahahaha, ali a cheat?!?! hahahaha...........its nearly as funny as claimin canada got real hoods, i been their, the average kid think he hood livin in a big clean neighbourhood

I never said either was wack. They just aren't THE best. And Toronto does have hoods. Where do you live? If it isn't New York, LA, or Chicago, my city is bigger than yours.

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2005, 08:57:42 PM »
the white people who hate Ali, really hate the fact that he had the "nerve" to change his name to Muhammad Ali.  Because Muhammad Ali is about as Muslim of a name you can get, Muhammad is the name of the Prophet who revealed the Noble Qu'ran, and Ali is the name of the cousin of the Prophet, and the most famous Muslim leader to follow Muhammad.

Had he been a young, cocky newcomer, Christian, Jesus worshippin black boxer named Cassius, they would not have given him the same grief.   Although it wasn't the only reason they hated him, Clay changing his slave name to a righteous Arabic name- Ali- was a huge factor.

I hate Ali,

You just proved, again, that you're the biggest fucking loser on this board.  If you hate Muhammad Ali, you must be a sad, sad motherfucker. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2005, 09:04:09 PM »
Oh, and for the record, I think the crowd was booing him for both reasons... 1. that he was a cocky black kid, unknown, who they viewed as a fluke, and who they thought was a loudmouth, and 2. that he had the audacity to change his name from Cassius to Muhammad.  I will say on the part of the ring announcers, and the people giving the interview, they treated him with respect.  The ring announcer referred to him as Muhammad Ali both times, and the interviewers fucked up three times, and called him Cassius, and everytime they apologized and recalled him Muhammad without a negative remark.  Also, there was a famous interview with Howard Cossell where he refused to call him anything but Cassius, and Muhammad told him it was disrespectful, and Cossell apologized, and said he was right, and that he'd never call him that again, and that was that. 

BTW, Ali is easily the greatest heavyweight to ever fight, there's no denying it by anyone with half a fucking mind or eyes that they can open without their own prejudices coming into play.  I'd be the first one to give somebody credit over Ali, but the fact is there simply is no one in his league.  You always hear the Joe Lous and Rocky Marciano (undefeated) bullshit, but come on, you've got to be joking.  Ali's defeat of George Forman, and his legendary fights with Joe Frazier should be enough to convince anybody that he was literally a god in the ring. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2005, 09:27:04 PM »
the white people who hate Ali, really hate the fact that he had the "nerve" to change his name to Muhammad Ali.  Because Muhammad Ali is about as Muslim of a name you can get, Muhammad is the name of the Prophet who revealed the Noble Qu'ran, and Ali is the name of the cousin of the Prophet, and the most famous Muslim leader to follow Muhammad.

Had he been a young, cocky newcomer, Christian, Jesus worshippin black boxer named Cassius, they would not have given him the same grief.   Although it wasn't the only reason they hated him, Clay changing his slave name to a righteous Arabic name- Ali- was a huge factor.

I hate Ali,

You just proved, again, that you're the biggest fucking loser on this board.  If you hate Muhammad Ali, you must be a sad, sad motherfucker. 

Nope, it's still you. You can't even take my whole quote where I make it clear I have nothing against him personally. You idiot.

Secondly; have you ever even seen Louis or Marciano fight? I bet you've seen as many Louis fights as you've heard Springsteen songs. Louis was a true champion. Never backed down and never dodged a rematch like Ali did. Louis wouldn't even where the belt until he beat the guy that beat him earlier in his career. The guy ewas all class and all skill. Rock beat him, but that was an old washed up Louis, not the Louis in his prime. How about Foreman, sure he lost to Ali, but Ali lost to fighters too, except Ali got rematches, where Foremannever got his with Ali. What Foreman has that no one else does is two Title reigns in different eras. How many fighters can with the belt in their mid 20s then 20 years later do it again in their mid 40s? When Ali was in his mid 40s he was so banged up he developed diseases. In his late 30s he was getting his ass handed to him by Larry Holmes who was good at best.  I have seen every major Ali fight, and I tell you the guy was all hype. Boxing is like that. Look at Primo Carnera (you probably don't know who that is), he spent his whole career living off of his drawing power in the box office and charisma, he was big but had little skill. What eer fights weren't fixed were a joke. They would feed him second rate guys and pass them off as stars. Until he met Max Baer, who killed men in the ring literally.

Another reason I feel the Foreman fight was fixed was Foreman lost by KO. When has Foreman ever lost by KO. In his late 40s when he fought big young puchers like Briggs and Morrison he wouldn't fall down, but Ali who was never acclaimed for his punching did knock him out. There are 3 possibilities in my mind for the Foreman loss to Ali; 1) they put something in his water, 2) he took the dive for more money or 3) they paid his corner to keep telling him to run around and punch during the rope a dope. Foreman had one of te best corner men in the business, there is no way they wouldnm;'t have realized Ali's plan. There is a 4th reason but it only applies to people who belive in the magic of African Shaman, and the hex they put on him before the fight.

Hey Trauma, I bet you think Hulk Hogan was a better in-ring worker than Ric Flair back in the 80s. LOL. And Billy Jean is a better piece of music than Mozart's Symphony no. 41 in C major.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2005, 02:44:57 AM »
Joe Lewis > Muhammed Clay

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2005, 03:40:48 AM »

rafsta

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2005, 04:23:20 AM »

Hey Trauma, I bet you think Hulk Hogan was a better in-ring worker than Ric Flair back in the 80s. LOL. And Billy Jean is a better piece of music than Mozart's Symphony no. 41 in C major.

well would you believe Mozart was all hype ? back in the days Mozart wasnt the best composer, he just was the most popular, therefore people only listened to his shit and didnt give other composers a decent chance.

rafsta

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2005, 04:26:00 AM »
there is no way the foreman fight was fixed... ali knocked him out because foreman was so worn down, maybe his corner told foreman not to hit ali too hard, but ali's cockyness got the better of foreman and he did it out of anger anyway...

the frazier fight wasnt fixed either, he lost the first bout and won the second, both bouts were very similar...

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2005, 06:48:23 AM »

You're so out of your league when you talk to me about these things, it's not even funny.  I guess you think someone like me doesn't know the difference between a Ric Flair match and a Hulk Hogan match, but I've watched both, hundreds of times, and of course I'm intelligent enough to know that Flair was a much better wrestler.

You must think you're more in tune because you've actually heard a few Mozart works in your life, but motherfucker I'm a musician myself, and of course I realize that Mozart's music was much more complicated and a better piece of work than anything Michael Jackson did. 

Did you think you'd blow me away with some bullshit like that?

Now here's what you don't know.  Those weren't soft punches George Forman got hit with in that fight.  If you'd actually watch the fight, dumbass, you'd know it couldn't possibly have been thrown, because Ali didn't lay on the ropes the entire time, he was consistantly hitting Foreman with everything he had, the entire fucking night.  You'd know that Foreman hit Ali a few times pretty good too, and you'd know that Foreman would become enraged when Ali would go to the ropes, and was swinging like a madman.  You'd see the clouded eyes of Foreman as he eventually got so tired he couldn't hardly raise his gloves, and you would have seen the beautiful 3 punch combo Ali laid Foreman out with.  If you think after watching that fight that it was a work, you're a fucking drunk.

Second, Joe Frazier fought Muhammad Ali 3 fucking times, not 2, and all 3 were great fights.  You dont' throw a fight in the fucking 15th round and lose it by decision. 

You must be fucking retarded to think that Muhammad Ali wasn't a bad motherfucker.  Your comment about "wasn't considered a great hitter" shows you know absolutely nothing about the subject.  He WAS considered a heavy hitter, that's the hole in your equation.  Muhammad Ali would knock a bitch like you out with 1 jab. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2005, 07:41:35 AM »

You're so out of your league when you talk to me about these things, it's not even funny.  I guess you think someone like me doesn't know the difference between a Ric Flair match and a Hulk Hogan match, but I've watched both, hundreds of times, and of course I'm intelligent enough to know that Flair was a much better wrestler.

You must think you're more in tune because you've actually heard a few Mozart works in your life, but motherfucker I'm a musician myself, and of course I realize that Mozart's music was much more complicated and a better piece of work than anything Michael Jackson did. 

Did you think you'd blow me away with some bullshit like that?

Now here's what you don't know.  Those weren't soft punches George Forman got hit with in that fight.  If you'd actually watch the fight, dumbass, you'd know it couldn't possibly have been thrown, because Ali didn't lay on the ropes the entire time, he was consistantly hitting Foreman with everything he had, the entire fucking night.  You'd know that Foreman hit Ali a few times pretty good too, and you'd know that Foreman would become enraged when Ali would go to the ropes, and was swinging like a madman.  You'd see the clouded eyes of Foreman as he eventually got so tired he couldn't hardly raise his gloves, and you would have seen the beautiful 3 punch combo Ali laid Foreman out with.  If you think after watching that fight that it was a work, you're a fucking drunk.

Second, Joe Frazier fought Muhammad Ali 3 fucking times, not 2, and all 3 were great fights.  You dont' throw a fight in the fucking 15th round and lose it by decision. 

You must be fucking retarded to think that Muhammad Ali wasn't a bad motherfucker.  Your comment about "wasn't considered a great hitter" shows you know absolutely nothing about the subject.  He WAS considered a heavy hitter, that's the hole in your equation.  Muhammad Ali would knock a bitch like you out with 1 jab. 

The Flair and Mozart stuff were obvious jokes. Anyone that thinks Hogan was better than Flair in the ring or MJ was better than Mozart is an obvious fool. As opposed to the not so obvious fool that thinks Ali was by far the greatest of all time.

When I said Ali wasn't a big puncher, I meant it wasn't his strong point. Kind like how Holyfield is not known for his punches, but he could still easily KO me. When I think of punchers I think Mike Tyson, or George Foreman, who are known for their raw power. The point was that in the mid to late 90s an old Foreman faced off with young guys who could punch harder than Ali could and Foreman never dropped. The only real drop I ever saw Foreman take was against Lyle in '76 and Foreman got right back up and KOed Lyle.

As for the Ali fight, watch every other Foreman fight before it and see how different he comes to Ali. The Foreman I knew came in right off the bat and started clubbing. The Foreman I saw with Ali had Ali in the corner and hit him in the face with no power behind the punches. Put a little dope in his water and that's what can happen. Like I said before, where was the rematch. When Ali won it was a clear upset ahown by the odds going in, yet Ali never gave Foreman a rematch. Like you said Ali got two rematches with Frazier (the New Yoirk fight gets lost in the middle), but Forem,an got no rematches. You know why? Because there was no way Ali would win again. Why do I think Foreman had to lose? Because if he beat Ali that night like he beat Frazier thenall the money to be made in boxing for the next few years would be gone. THere was no one left for Foreman to beat and his quick matches were getting tedious. Don't you understand that Boxing and Pro Wrestling aren't that different. All of Ali's fights weren't legit, just like all of Marciano's fights weren't legit. Over the the years trainers, cutmen, and boxers themselves have come out and talked about how dirty the business is, and how money talks. I suggest you watch Humphrey Bogart's last moie before he died "The Harder They Fall". It may be just a movie but it's very accurate in how boxing really works. That's why I like pro wrestling better. At least they tell us it's bullshit.

rafsta

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2005, 08:54:47 AM »
Ali was fast too, he could throw 6 or 7 puches in a matter of seconds...

his footwork was exquisite, no-one to this day will compare to ali's footwork...

plus ali said in the upcoming interviews he would dance all over foreman, foreman was expecting ali to dance, and try to out-punch foreman, thats why maybe he didnt go into the fight how he normally would...

p.S: fuck a conspiracy theory, a spade is a spade.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2005, 09:02:07 AM »

p.S: fuck a conspiracy theory, a spade is a spade.

Exactly! And Bush only wanted to free Iraq out of the goodness of his heart and the safety of Americans from the WMDs. It had nothing to do with oil.

rafsta

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2005, 09:32:45 AM »
but the thing is the truth always comes out in the end... how could all the professional boxers, presentators, sports related people all be fooled that ali is the greatest ? he has 4 dvd's out, including a movie dedicated to him... Ali is the greatest.

rafsta

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2005, 09:34:36 AM »
i bet youre one of the people that think ice cube was a more talented rapper than pac...