Author Topic: Interesting Muhammad Ali quote  (Read 2337 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Interesting Muhammad Ali quote
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2005, 09:48:47 AM »
but the thing is the truth always comes out in the end... how could all the professional boxers, presentators, sports related people all be fooled that ali is the greatest ? he has 4 dvd's out, including a movie dedicated to him... Ali is the greatest.

Talk to pro boxing analysts, and boxers, and ask them if Ali is the undisputed best ever. Sure if you ask Will Smith, or some of those tools on ESPN and HBO sports you'll only here Ali. Was he great? yes, will some say he's the best? Sure. But most will not. Guys like Lewis and Marciano will be said a lot too. Robinson will always be known as hte best pounf for pund guy, but if you ask the current crop of dodos they'll still try and convince you it's Roy Jones. Tiger Woods is agreat golfer. If you ask the hosts of 106 and Park on BET they'll tell you he's the best ever. If youy ask real Golf journalists you'll hear a lot of Sman Snead, Jack Nicklaus, and Arnold Palmer.

i bet youre one of the people that think ice cube was a more talented rapper than pac...

Actually I'm a Pac fan, but I'd have no problem with someone say Cube is better. Cube had some real gold with Ameikkkas Most and DC. Theext couple like Lethal Injection and Predator were good too. Pac had a couple mediocre albums to start then had a decent one in Thuglife and really broke out with Me Against the World. AEOM was great and so was Makaveli, but that's it. Like I said, I like Pac better, but it can be argued.

A better analogy would be calling Run DMC the first to bring out rap/rock when all they did was a crappier version of the same Aerosmith song. (same lyrics with a worse flow).

Calling Ali the best ever with out mentioning Joe Louis, is like calling Biggie the best ever (a title he gets by a lot of people) and forgetting about Rakim.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 10:11:09 AM by Shallow »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2005, 11:32:43 AM »
Shallow is an arrogant motherfucker in the subtle kind of way, but have to say homie knows what he talks about more often than the average homie
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Thirteen

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2005, 12:06:33 PM »
Oh, and for the record, I think the crowd was booing him for both reasons... 1. that he was a cocky black kid, unknown, who they viewed as a fluke, and who they thought was a loudmouth, and 2. that he had the audacity to change his name from Cassius to Muhammad.  I will say on the part of the ring announcers, and the people giving the interview, they treated him with respect.  The ring announcer referred to him as Muhammad Ali both times, and the interviewers fucked up three times, and called him Cassius, and everytime they apologized and recalled him Muhammad without a negative remark.  Also, there was a famous interview with Howard Cossell where he refused to call him anything but Cassius, and Muhammad told him it was disrespectful, and Cossell apologized, and said he was right, and that he'd never call him that again, and that was that. 

BTW, Ali is easily the greatest heavyweight to ever fight, there's no denying it by anyone with half a fucking mind or eyes that they can open without their own prejudices coming into play.  I'd be the first one to give somebody credit over Ali, but the fact is there simply is no one in his league.  You always hear the Joe Lous and Rocky Marciano (undefeated) bullshit, but come on, you've got to be joking.  Ali's defeat of George Forman, and his legendary fights with Joe Frazier should be enough to convince anybody that he was literally a god in the ring. 

they booed him the first time when he was just a regular cocky black guy... you think all of a sudden they were gonna cheer for him the second time around? he could have changed his name to Brian Hirshel and been an agnostic jew and he would ahve still been booed because it was the 60's ad a cocky black guy came from no where to know out the champ and the proceded to claim he was the greatest

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2005, 12:35:02 PM »
Shallow is an arrogant motherfucker in the subtle kind of way, but have to say homie knows what he talks about more often than the average homie

I try not to be arrogant but I was when responding to Captain. Captain, I apologize. My arrogance towards you was unwarranted. You respectfully disagreed with my opinion and I jumped all over you. It won't happen again, (unless you start it). Once again, I'm sorry.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2005, 01:16:23 PM »

Actually I'm a Pac fan, but I'd have no problem with someone say Cube is better. Cube had some real gold with Ameikkkas Most and DC. Theext couple like Lethal Injection and Predator were good too. Pac had a couple mediocre albums to start then had a decent one in Thuglife and really broke out with Me Against the World. AEOM was great and so was Makaveli, but that's it. Like I said, I like Pac better, but it can be argued.

A better analogy would be calling Run DMC the first to bring out rap/rock when all they did was a crappier version of the same Aerosmith song. (same lyrics with a worse flow).

Calling Ali the best ever with out mentioning Joe Louis, is like calling Biggie the best ever (a title he gets by a lot of people) and forgetting about Rakim.

Not only is Pac the greatest rapper ever, but you could take one of his posthumous releases like "R U Still Down" for example, and put it against all of Ice Cubes records combined, and Pac would still come out on top.  And that was an album that never would have seen the light of day had it not been for Pac's death.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2005, 02:12:52 PM »

Not only is Pac the greatest rapper ever, but you could take one of his posthumous releases like "R U Still Down" for example, and put it against all of Ice Cubes records combined, and Pac would still come out on top.  And that was an album that never would have seen the light of day had it not been for Pac's death.

you're a nut job

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2005, 02:37:34 PM »

you're a nut job

LOL I was just about to type the same thing after reading that nonsense.

Woodrow

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2005, 04:26:35 PM »
Listen to how Infinite feels about Pac!

http://www.wcmixtapes.com/lmao.mp3

Seriously though, 95% of the trash that comes out of your mouth is bat shit crazy. Get on some medication.

rafsta

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2005, 08:15:53 PM »

I try not to be arrogant but I was when responding to Captain. Captain, I apologize. My arrogance towards you was unwarranted. You respectfully disagreed with my opinion and I jumped all over you. It won't happen again, (unless you start it). Once again, I'm sorry.

all good  ;)

rafsta

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2005, 08:24:31 PM »
Listen to how Infinite feels about Pac!

http://www.wcmixtapes.com/lmao.mp3

Seriously though, 95% of the trash that comes out of your mouth is bat shit crazy. Get on some medication.

WTF ?? !! who did that shit ? man thats the wakest shit i've ever heard...

Woodrow

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2005, 08:31:47 PM »
That is Inifinite aka Allah's slave aka dipshit rapping. Whenver you see his ignorant ass post, just think of that song and laugh.

rafsta

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2005, 08:35:38 PM »
That is Inifinite aka Allah's slave aka dipshit rapping. Whenver you see his ignorant ass post, just think of that song and laugh.

wtf ? i thought you were joking its infinite... how could he post that shit up ? man theres no flow nothing, it doesnt even rhyme...

the prophet ? the god ? wtf ? hard as rock ? infinite, sorry man thats some wak shit...

Trauma-san

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2005, 09:08:49 PM »
but the thing is the truth always comes out in the end... how could all the professional boxers, presentators, sports related people all be fooled that ali is the greatest ? he has 4 dvd's out, including a movie dedicated to him... Ali is the greatest.

All you have to do is watch the fights.  I watched the thrilla in manilla tonight.  For a dumbass to say that Joe Frazier threw that fight, you'd have to be smoking crack.  Ali was so fucking fast, in the LATE prime of his career, that he'd hit Frazier in the face 3 times before the guy could get his gloves up in the last few rounds.  The guy had blood pouring out of his face, but he threw the fight, right?  The guy got beat up for 14 rounds, but yet he threw the fight, right?  The guy beat Ali in the first fight, but then threw the next two?  Or maybe he just threw one? If he only threw one, and Ali beat him fair in the other, doesn't that mean Ali was still the better fighter?  It's just mindless, ludicrious dribble from some dumbass who thinks it's cool to go against the commonly accepted truth: Ali is GOD.  Ali hit Joe Frazier with a combo so vicious in the 14th round, I could not believe Frazier was still standing.  About halfway through the round, they're showing half of the ring or so, and Ali's standing on the left, facing the camera and Joe.  He takes 3 steps to his left, hits Frazier with a left jab almost backhanded like a pimp slap, and then throws this thunderous right cross all the way from behind his fucking head and just NAILS Joe with it, the whole match Frazier's head was bouncing around like a fucking kickball but yet he threw the match.  Simply, utterly rediculous. 

rafsta

« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2005, 09:16:33 PM »

All you have to do is watch the fights.  I watched the thrilla in manilla tonight.  For a dumbass to say that Joe Frazier threw that fight, you'd have to be smoking crack.  Ali was so fucking fast, in the LATE prime of his career, that he'd hit Frazier in the face 3 times before the guy could get his gloves up in the last few rounds.  The guy had blood pouring out of his face, but he threw the fight, right?  The guy got beat up for 14 rounds, but yet he threw the fight, right?  The guy beat Ali in the first fight, but then threw the next two?  Or maybe he just threw one? If he only threw one, and Ali beat him fair in the other, doesn't that mean Ali was still the better fighter?  It's just mindless, ludicrious dribble from some dumbass who thinks it's cool to go against the commonly accepted truth: Ali is GOD.  Ali hit Joe Frazier with a combo so vicious in the 14th round, I could not believe Frazier was still standing.  About halfway through the round, they're showing half of the ring or so, and Ali's standing on the left, facing the camera and Joe.  He takes 3 steps to his left, hits Frazier with a left jab almost backhanded like a pimp slap, and then throws this thunderous right cross all the way from behind his fucking head and just NAILS Joe with it, the whole match Frazier's head was bouncing around like a fucking kickball but yet he threw the match.  Simply, utterly rediculous. 

i havent seen the ali fights in a long time, now this topics been brought out i will check em out again... it wont be easy to convince me ali isnt the greatest, but shallow usually does have valid points, although i definelty disagree with him on this one...

Shallow did you know that ali was the first boxer to get the world title in like 2 years of boxing ? he was the fastest boxer, with best footwork, that set himself a goal and achieved it faster than anyone in history... him having such confidence and charisma is just a cherry on the cake...

Trauma-san

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2005, 09:35:41 PM »
but shallow usually does have valid points,

BWAAAHHHH AHAHHH HHAHAHA HHAHAHAA

When you talk about Ali, all you have to say is this:

When he was a nobody, and fought the Heavyweight Champion of the World, he knocked him out in the 7th round and told everybody he was the greatest, then went about proving it for the rest of his career.

Shallow does not have valid points.  Above he said Ali developed diseases from the beatings he took in the ring.  Then he said Ali's fights were thrown.  So they were thrown, but yet he got beat so bad in fixed matches that he developed Parkinsons, a disease that you cannot develop by getting beat up.  He doesn't have good points, he's a childish fool who disagrees with commonly held beliefs because he thinks it makes him more intelligent to challenge even the most undeniable truths.