Author Topic: Interesting Muhammad Ali quote  (Read 2341 times)

rafsta

Re: Interesting Muhammad Ali quote
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2005, 10:00:39 PM »
but shallow usually does have valid points,

BWAAAHHHH AHAHHH HHAHAHA HHAHAHAA

When you talk about Ali, all you have to say is this:

When he was a nobody, and fought the Heavyweight Champion of the World, he knocked him out in the 7th round and told everybody he was the greatest, then went about proving it for the rest of his career.

Shallow does not have valid points.  Above he said Ali developed diseases from the beatings he took in the ring.  Then he said Ali's fights were thrown.  So they were thrown, but yet he got beat so bad in fixed matches that he developed Parkinsons, a disease that you cannot develop by getting beat up.  He doesn't have good points, he's a childish fool who disagrees with commonly held beliefs because he thinks it makes him more intelligent to challenge even the most undeniable truths.

yeh i said he usually has valid points, but not in this topic, about religion n shit... thats the only reason i even considered his argument, doesnt mean i believe it...

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2005, 11:11:48 PM »
all that boxing cant be good for u, and how the fuck do u know his disease didnt have anything to do with him fighting for a living.

Trauma-san

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2005, 07:51:42 AM »
all that boxing cant be good for u, and how the fuck do u know his disease didnt have anything to do with him fighting for a living.

You don't develop parkinson's from being beaten.  Ali never even got beat very much, find a picture of him with a scar on his face.  1 pic. 

On top of that, the dipshit was saying all Ali's fights were fixed.  If they were fixed, how would he get beaten into a disease? 

It's a childish comment by a child. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2005, 08:52:20 AM »

You don't develop parkinson's from being beaten.  Ali never even got beat very much, find a picture of him with a scar on his face.  1 pic. 

On top of that, the dipshit was saying all Ali's fights were fixed.  If they were fixed, how would he get beaten into a disease? 

When did I say every fight was fixed?

I admitted Ali was great, and easily one of the greats, but he was also protected, like all drawing champions are. Watch the Manila you so nicely summarized, and watch Ali at the end of the 14th round fall in to the corner and struggle to get up to have his hand raised. I'm not saying Frazier threw the fight. I'm saying it was fixed not to go 15. Not by Frazier, but by the commission. No matter who is champ, boxing is dirty. When Marciano was champ he had the commission on his side. Just like when Tyson was champ.

Ali's liberties were very apparent. He never lost points for continously head locking guys after being warned, and he wore a stomach gaurd in his fight with Chuvalo, a fucking stomach gaurd, and still he was in the hospital that night spitting up blood while Chuvallo was out dancing with his wife.

rafsta

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2005, 09:36:36 AM »

I admitted Ali was great, and easily one of the greats, but he was also protected, like all drawing champions are. Watch the Manila you so nicely summarized, and watch Ali at the end of the 14th round fall in to the corner and struggle to get up to have his hand raised. I'm not saying Frazier threw the fight. I'm saying it was fixed not to go 15. Not by Frazier, but by the commission. No matter who is champ, boxing is dirty. When Marciano was champ he had the commission on his side. Just like when Tyson was champ.

Ali's liberties were very apparent. He never lost points for continously head locking guys after being warned, and he wore a stomach gaurd in his fight with Chuvalo, a fucking stomach gaurd, and still he was in the hospital that night spitting up blood while Chuvallo was out dancing with his wife.

i think boxing has changed alot since ali's day... now its alot more commercial, i also find it hard to believe that Ali would allow a fight to be fixed...

plus, i cant believe you prefer wrestling to boxing  :grumpy:

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2005, 09:53:57 AM »

i think boxing has changed alot since ali's day... now its alot more commercial, i also find it hard to believe that Ali would allow a fight to be fixed...

plus, i cant believe you prefer wrestling to boxing  :grumpy:

Ali wouldn't have to be in on it. Just like he probably wasn't in on being fed to Larry Holmes in his old age. And Wrestling is an art form if you watch the right wrestlers.

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2005, 03:17:41 PM »
fuck u u fucking retard trauma i never fucking said the fights were fixed, stop trying to make urself sound intelegent ur a fucking idiot

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2005, 04:11:41 PM »
fuck u u fucking retard trauma i never fucking said the fights were fixed, stop trying to make urself sound intelegent ur a fucking idiot

I think Trauma was talking to me. But you were right with everything you said.

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2005, 04:15:47 PM »
I don't think ali would let them fix a fight with his pride and stuff...he kinda made his image off of cockiness and stuff...and it worked

Oh and infinite, I sincerely think you are a DUMB ASS for saying that Tupac's "R U Still Down" cd is better than all of Ice Cubes records combined.