Author Topic: Snoop Will Be On Detox  (Read 1399 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Snoop Will Be On Detox
« on: July 04, 2005, 07:40:32 PM »
he said it on Westwood!!!! and he'll get dre on his new album..."The Blue Carpet Treatment"
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 07:42:29 PM by .:Bigg Hercy Buggz:. »

davida.b.

Re: Snoop Will Be On Detox
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 07:46:31 PM »
It's about damn time!!

soopa-man

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 07:53:19 PM »
good news its about damn time

Acgrundy

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 07:56:29 PM »
was there any question that he wouldn't be?

dre and snoop songs for the most part end up being very popular songs.  I think dre just saves all of them for his own albums, because he can.  think about it, dre has only been on 1 song out of all of snoops albums.

one part of what makes dre's solo albums so great is that he barely does guest appearances, and so it makes him that much nicer to hear.  so I think dre thinks him and snoop songs might get played out if too many of them happen.  so he keeps them rare and on his own albums.

DrewDogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Veni Vidi Vici / v3 /
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 07:57:43 PM »
word. What's westwood though??!

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 08:32:32 PM »
Dre & Snoop are gonna ride once more  8)

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 08:35:19 PM »
word. What's westwood though??!

Hallelujah...w/o snoop it wouldn't really feel like it was a chronic record

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »
was there any question that he wouldn't be?

dre and snoop songs for the most part end up being very popular songs.  I think dre just saves all of them for his own albums, because he can.  think about it, dre has only been on 1 song out of all of snoops albums.

Well, I get what you're saying but that's not totally true.  He's been on tons of skits, had a line in "Who Am I", etc.  Dre doesn't rap much on ANYBODY'S songs... he has to rap on his own CD, and all Snoop does is rap (doesn't produce)... so the only way they can colaborate on a Dre CD is if they both rap (since Dre pretty much has to on his own CD).  On Snoop's CD's, he's more comfortable to just produce, which is what he does best anyways.  I don't think Dre purposefully holds Snoop/Dre collabos for his own CD's, I think he just raps on the ones that are on his own CD's because he pretty much has to. 

Acgrundy

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2005, 09:48:19 PM »
I think he saves them all for his own album, because he knows how big they are.  lol, like dre doesn't have time to give snoop one beat or one verse for some of his albums?  dre knows whats up.  its an ego thing I'm sure.  just imagine if nuthin but a g thang was not put on the chronic, but instead put on doggystlye, imagine how much different both those albums would have been.  or imagine if next episode was put on the last meal, instead of 2001.  I bet after dre drops detox, he will probably give more beats to snoop than he ever did before post doggystyle.  hell maybe its not even dre, maybe its interscope that won't let him.  who knows, but I definately see the marketing technique behind it.  its something nate dogg should have done, might have made him a lot more successful.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2005, 09:54:08 PM »
cant wait for some more dre/snoop heat

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2005, 09:56:21 PM »
its something nate dogg should have done, might have made him a lot more successful.
I don't know, nate is pretty damn successful. I mean a few years ago he was on EVERY song played on the radio.

Acgrundy

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2005, 09:59:05 PM »
its something nate dogg should have done, might have made him a lot more successful.
I don't know, nate is pretty damn successful. I mean a few years ago he was on EVERY song played on the radio.

yeah, but his has like 35 album sales total with all his albums.  he helps other people sell albums.  just like dre helps other people sell albums.  but dre knows how to do it better than nate.

tonyscarbones

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2005, 10:11:51 PM »
good news!!!!

another classic!!!

RODZILLA

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2005, 10:25:03 PM »
i just finished listening to that interview and it was nice to hear snoop say that. i always figured he would be on dre's new album but snoop was saying before how dre hadn;t talked to him about it yet

DAYUM

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2005, 10:27:01 PM »
i knew it would happen

i bet Detox is gonna be bad ass