Author Topic: 50 Terror Groups Believed to Be in Canada  (Read 255 times)

Thirteen

50 Terror Groups Believed to Be in Canada
« on: July 04, 2005, 08:56:30 PM »
Don't make us come over there Canada....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

50 Terror Groups Believed to Be in Canada By BETH DUFF-BROWN, Associated Press Writer
Mon Jul 4, 2:07 PM ET

TORONTO - Though many view Canada as an unassuming neutral nation that has skirted terrorist attacks, it has suffered its share of aggression, and intelligence officials believe at least 50 terror groups now have some presence here.

They are from Sri Lanka, Kurdistan and points between and include supporters of some of the best-known Mideast groups, including al-Qaida, authorities say.

Osama bin Laden named Canada one of five so-called Christian nations that should be targeted for acts of terror. The others, reaffirmed last year by his al-Qaida network, were the United States, Britain, Spain and Australia.

The Canadian Security Intelligence Service, counterpart of the     CIA, said terrorist representatives are actively raising money, procuring weapons, "manipulating immigrant communities" and facilitating travel to and from the United States and other countries.

Besides al-Qaida, those groups include Islamic Jihad; Hezbollah and other Shiite groups; Hamas, the Palestinian Force 17, Egyptian Al Jihad and various other Sunni groups from across the Middle East, CSIS said.

CSIS said the     Irish Republican Army, Tamil Tigers and Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) and major Sikh terrorist groups also have supporters in Canada.

The Air India bombing of 1985 was the deadliest terrorist attack on a commercial airliner prior to Sept. 11, with the government accusing Sikh terrorists living legally in Canada of taking down the airliner over Ireland, claiming 331 lives, most Canadian.

The separatist Tamil Tigers of Sri Lanka — whose followers helped start the trend in suicide bombings when they assassinated Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi in 1991 — have their political headquarters in a Toronto suburb.

Canada's clandestine Communications Security Establishment, which listens in on conversations and translates messages from foreigners under suspicion, has increased its annual budget by 57 percent since Sept. 11, and Canada has spent some $6.5 billion to beef up security along its border.

There currently are four Arab Muslim men in Canadian jails under "security certificates," which allow Ottawa to detain suspects without public trial or evidence in the name of national security. All four suspects argue they face risk of torture if returned to their native Algeria, Morocco,     Syria and Egypt. A fifth suspect, Adil Charkaoui, was granted conditional release in February but must wear an electronic tracking device and remain in Montreal. Human rights groups have condemned Canada for holding the men.

Canada adopted its Anti-Terrorism Act in the months that followed Sept. 11, yet only one man has been arrested under the act: Mohammad Momin Khawaja.

Born in Canada to Pakistani immigrants, Khawaja was arrested in March 2004 on suspicion of participating in and facilitating terrorist activities in London and Ottawa, according to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Young men like Khawaja, 26, are representative of the type of recruits al-Qaida is after, CSIS said in a report recently made public by the Toronto Star.

"There is a direct threat to Canada and Canadian interests from al-Qaida and related groups," CSIS said. "Converts are highly prized by terrorist groups for their familiarity with the West and relative ease at moving through Western society."

The U.S. State Department has estimated there are 40 terrorist organizations with sympathizers or supporters in the United States

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: 50 Terror Groups Believed to Be in Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 09:41:46 PM »
get the duct tape
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 12:52:45 PM »
I better take a trip to the CN Tower before it gets knocked down then.

Jome

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 05:49:01 PM »
I doubt they target Canada, they'll probably just use it as a base to prepare their campaign/attack against U.S.  ;)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 06:39:22 PM »
Canada is widely known to be a haven for terrorists. The main reason is that their government is very left wing and they are afraid to crack down on terrorists because they don't want to be accused of being racist. So fund raising for terror groups like Hamas and Hezbollah flourishes there. Also don't forget, a Muslim tried to get into the United States from Canada and was planning on blowing up the LA airport at the turn of millenium. Luckily a heroic border guard caught him before he could get into the country.

The real question is why are western nations like the US, Canada, Australia, etc letting all these backwards people into our countries. Their cultures and religions are fucked up, that is why they countries are filled with violence, bombings, poverty, disease, etc And if they come to our countries they are going to bring all that with them. My grandparents didn't have to worry about terrorists when they were griowing up in the 1930's and 1940's.....so why should I now?

No more Muslims immigrants, we already have enough.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 06:55:44 PM by CWalker187 »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 06:47:32 PM »
Yes, looks like we are going to have to destroy most of the entire world.  It is too filled with left-wing govts and terrorists.  On another note, I'm beginning to wonder, is CWalker real or some sort of web-based conserva-bot?  If its the former, does he have actual parents or was he raised by right-wing think tanks?  Is it also possible that has some sort of computer chip in his brain that controls his thought processes, or is his real personality is as dull and lifeless as he presents himself to be on this forum?

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 07:02:06 PM »
well, i would'nt doubt it. and i would'nt doubt that half of those terror groups live in my city  ;D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 07:03:44 PM »
And the Canadians were complaining that they have to show their IDs everytime they cross the boarder. This is why folks. I know a lot of Canadians and most of them are good people and I hate to see them have to prove they are not terrorists when they are not the people the US is looking for, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 10:19:07 PM »
. Luckily a heroic border guard caught him before he could get into the country.

;D
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005, 10:34:46 PM »
And the Canadians were complaining that they have to show their IDs everytime they cross the boarder. This is why folks. I know a lot of Canadians and most of them are good people and I hate to see them have to prove they are not terrorists when they are not the people the US is looking for, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

who would complain about that?  it takes like 2 seconds lol

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2005, 11:14:06 PM »
who would complain about that?  it takes like 2 seconds lol

The people that travel between Canada and the NY tri-state area are complaining because they have to go through the boarder multiple times a day. And my bad, I meant they needed to show a valid passport along with an ID.