Author Topic: Gloria Velez calls Budden a pussy and a gang of other shit  (Read 809 times)

ABN

Gloria Velez calls Budden a pussy and a gang of other shit
« on: July 06, 2005, 04:10:29 AM »
Florida resident is the heart of the party, the center of attention, but it's more than just her big boobs popping out of her white top that draws people to her. It's her kindness, playful nature and beautiful smile that is winning over this hip-hop journalist and keeping those around her in good spirits.

Glory -- her rap moniker -- is far from being stuck up, as she is as polite with me as she is when rapper-turned-Reggeaton hitmaker N.O.R.E. comes into the circle to embrace her. The beautiful 26 year-old Puerto Rican thugstress is as down to earth as you could expect from a female who is used to being hit on from multimillionaire athletes and rappers alike. Though she's been through a lot in the last couple years including the death of her father, and seeing her ex-boyfriend go to jail, Gloria is remaining focused on things that matter most in her life -- her family and her career.

In this exclusive Ballerstautus.net interview, she candidly discusses how her relationship turned sour with Joe Budden, reveals her feelings towards Melyssa Ford and Vida Guerra, and explains just how she plans on making the transition from video girl to the first ever platinum Latina rapper. Buckle up, Ms. Velez got a story to tell.

BallerStatus.net: So what your schedule like? Because the people want to know.

Gloria Velez: If not working, I'm with my son. I'm really family oriented -- my son, my mother and my brothers.

BallerStatus.net: That sounds cool, what about your 9 to 5?

Gloria Velez: I never have a 9 to 5; my 9 to 5 is my family. I cook, I clean, I take my son to school, I do family things; I am very family oriented.

BallerStatus.net: You think that's going to sound sexy to the teenagers and guys in jail who pick up the magazine to see you?

Gloria Velez: Yes, because that's sexy to me. When they see me cleaning, that's sexy; when you see me cooking, that a sexy motherf--kin' thing; when you see me playing basketball with my son and riding bikes, that's sexy to me. It's all depends on how you look at it.

BallerStatus.net: I didn't think about it from that angle.

Gloria Velez: Exactly, it makes a ni--a think she's an all around bitch. I could do it all. I could be gangster, I could be sweet, I could be cute, and I could be a thug like ni--a -- I'll throw down with you too.

BallerStatus.net: Ok, so how you make your dough?

Gloria Velez: Damn, so personal, just kidding. I do a lot of shows without an album deal, without a single, I perform. I do a lot of hosting: fashion shows, television shows, and parties. I also do photo shoots; I get paid to do a lot of photo shoots. Right now, I am negotiating a lot of different endorsement deals. I am the spokes model of the blunt; you know they have different smells and tastes of the blunt, World Blunts. I also got jewelry coming out, and I got my own reality show coming out too. I am not going to say with who because the contract is not signed on the dotted line, but it's basically almost signed. I got a lot of things on the table; I'm definitely doing more magazines, I got a couple more covers coming out. I just be grinding.

BallerStatus.net: I'm curious, like how much were you getting paid to be in those videos like Ja Rule's "Holla, Holla," and Jay- Z's "Big Pimpin'?"

Gloria Velez: I got paid no more than $2,000. [Usually] $1500 to $2,000, including airfare, the clothes and of course hair and makeup. You got to be smart about it; you got to spend no money, and make sure [the companies are] spending the money. Now girls don't get paid nothing, because they want the exposure. Damn, if they get $500, that's a lot to them.

BallerStatus.net: Is that why you stopped doing it, because the pay wasn't good enough? Because you said you haven't done a video since Jagged Edge's "Where the Party at," like four years ago.

Gloria Velez: No, I ain't want them putting me in a box, like I'm just a video girl, and that's all I am going to be. It was a stepping stone, and I got off that stepping stone and moved on to the next.

BallerStatus.net: I interviewed Joe Budden a couples weeks ago, and asked if he thought you were a good rapper, and he said he could care less about your rapping but admitted that you were great on the mic in a figurative sense. What do you have to say about him or to him?

Gloria Velez: I call him the pussy rapper, and just like he said quote him, you can quote me. That's what I call him.

BallerStatus.net: Why is that?

Gloria Velez: He's pussy; he can't even go into his own hood. He's not his own man; he let his boys run his life. That's why his career is all f--ked. He's talented, I'm not no hater. He can rap, but he has no (umph) to him. His personality is boring; he's dull. To me, he's just a wack dude. The only reason why I even f--ked with him is because I was going through a lot of sh-t in my life at the time. That's when my ex-boyfriend went to jail, my dad passed away last year -- I was going through it. I had a place up in New Jersey, and I was back in forth from Jersey and Florida, doing my music, just doing a lot of things, just on my grind. My ex-man lived out there, [Joe Budden] happened to be there, and I thought he was at least a friend – somebody I thought I could lean on. But hell no, that ni--a tried to use me for exposure, like a trophy. To show him that I was truly his friend -- because he had f--ked up surroundings -- I was like cool, we could be seen together, no problem.

When I did the "All Access DVD," they were interviewing me not him. They were asking questions, and he was saying little comments behind the scenes -- they edited a lot of sh-t out though. That's why when he came from behind the camera, he was asking me who I am pounding -- who am I sleeping with. He starting mentioning names, knowing that I'm f--king sleeping with him. He just wanted people to know that we were sleeping together, so he could have f--king brownie hood points because ni--as ain't respecting his stupid ass. I was like, "Yeah, only you hitting it, what the f--k you trying to prove? I'm teaching you how to eat coochie." He tried to get ruthless and I flipped it on him, like he's my jump-off, I'm teaching him. He ain't all that! And he kept saying I'm the best...get the f--k out of here you little boy. I had to really wake up, I really wasn't focused. When you going through a lot of sh-t, your vision is blurry. He was a mistake; we all make mistakes and I just moved passed that.

I did part 2 on "All Access DVD Volume 9," and I play a recording of Joe Budden singing, saying "I love you baby, I want to make love," and they put the words on the screen. People always ask me what the f--k did I see in that dude, and I'm like, "Nothing, I just thought he was a good friend and we happened to have sex." I thought he was a good person; he's not even his own friend. He needs help; he needs Jesus in his life for real. I don't even consider him an acquaintance, let's put it that way. I don't f--k with dude at all.

BallerStatus.net: Yeah, sometimes it's a double standard. Girls can say the same thing about guys, like you said he was your jump-off.

Gloria Velez: I ain't calling him a hoe; I know he's a hoe. He was the one that was cheating and doing all his bullsh-t. Remember the "Confessions Remix" he did with Usher? There was a controversy [with that] because he said that a groupie girl was pregnant and a girl was about to leave him. That was like semi true. This groupie girl that he was sleeping with was f--king pregnant, and I was his girl at the time. I read his 2-way and he tried to say that was about his boy, but that wasn't the case with him. I was like, "Get the f--k out of here. Do I look stupid to you?" Long story short, when I saw him again, I was like, "Listen it's over. I don't feel nothing for you. You do nothing for me as in mentally, physically, emotionally -- nothing." He drained me more; he was a really depressed person. He's really Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde too, like my Baby's father (Aarron Hall). It's disgusting; I choose the wrong men for real. When I told him that I had no feelings for him, he got upset and jumped me. We started fighting; we was fighting from the front seat to the back seat. I had bruises all over my arms and my legs. He even tried to steal from me. He tried to steal my phone, and he ripped my Clover G chain off, and he took my video camera. Then I called the cops and they said that if he pressed charges and
I press charges, we would both go to jail. So I ain't press charges and he ain't press charges, but he still went to jail because he was on probation for hitting his baby's mother. He was just a f--cking nuisance.

BallerStatus.net: Why do you think you have so much trouble with men?

Gloria Velez: I have no idea. I am still trying to figure that out. I just choose the wrong men.

BallerStatus.net: I am sure one day you'll find the right guy, if you haven't already. Matter of fact, are you single now?

Gloria Velez: I'm very much single.

BallerStatus.net: What are you looking for a guy since your very much single?

Gloria Velez: A humble dude; a man to be my best friend, where he can tell me anything and I can tell him anything. A man's man; a man that can stand on his own, who don't need a bunch of ni--as around him to make him feel like a f--kin' man. Someone who is very family oriented, because I have a son and I come as a package deal.

BallerStatus.net: What about physically? What attributes you look for in a dude does he have be tall and well built?

Gloria Velez: I want a good man now, f--k that. I'm not trying to be extra picky. If a good man comes my way, I am gonna cherish that ni--a for real.

BallerStatus.net: I know you had beef with Remy Martin, is that water under the bridge? Because the night I met you, you was chilling with Pistol Pete of Terror Squad, and I wondered if you and her had settled your differences.

Gloria Velez: No, our beef -- me and Remy -- is not dead. I'm cool with a lot of Terror Squad, those are my ni--as, we wild cool.

BallerStatus.net: I thought it would be a conflict of interest since you got beef and you seen chilling with a guy that has a Terror Squad chain.

Gloria Velez: But it doesn't matter, they love me. Remy is like a f--king problem child, she doesn't listen, but that's just between me and her. Them ni--as ain't gonna get involved in that sh-t.

BallerStatus.net: (As I see her friend taking a picture of Gloria with her camera phone) Did you hear about them hacking into Vida Guerra's pictures?

Gloria Velez: Yeah, I think she put it out herself.

BallerStatus.net: Why would she do that?

Gloria Velez: She needed a little bump in her career, some type of publicity stunt.

BallerStatus.net: Would you ever put out nude photos?

Gloria Velez: Never, I've done Playboy, but not nude as of yet. They got to cough up the money. I would never put out nude pics of me.

BallerStatus.net: But if the price is right, would you?

Gloria Velez: With Playboy, yes! It's sexy, it's clean. They’re really tasteful, so I f--ks with Playboy.

BallerStatus.net: Word, how much money?

Gloria Velez: A mil (Million), no less than a million and you know what, they about to give it to me.

BallerStatus.net: How do you feel about being compared to the other video vixens like Melyssa Ford and Vida Guerra?

Gloria Velez: Me in comparison to any of those two is no comparison because our careers are definitely going different routes. With me and Melyssa, I am an artist and she's hosting BET “Style.” Our personalities is so different, our drive is different. We are going in totally different directions. Its entertainment, but it's night and day. She's a Black woman and I'm a Latina. I don't compare myself to her. We look totally different. Me and Vida, we both Latina, but all she's going off is her butt, saying that her talent is her butt. She's going to go far because she got an ass?

BallerStatus.net: Actually in the exclusive Ballerstatus.net interview that my boy Mark did, Vida revealed that she's trying to get into acting and singing. She's working on album, maybe you ain't know that.

Gloria Velez: Right, right, right. Her presentation is her butt (laughs). I heard little things, I don't know, to each his own. Time will tell, but I don't see it. Her singing? When I met her, she said they were trying to make her rap, so now your going to sing (wooh, wooh). Just because you have an ok body -- many women have beautiful bodies, bigger asses -- that don't make you a star. I don't really like her too much because she made a few comments on the radio. I don't like certain things she said. They were asking her how she got on, and she was saying, I ain't get on like Gloria Velez. The bitch don't even know me!

BallerStatus.net: She said your name on radio?

Gloria Velez: Yeah, but she's pussy anyways. She's another one that barks like a Chiwawa, but don't show no action. I don't even pay attention to that because I don't want to give her any exposure. I just do me; actions speak louder than words, and when people meet her and people meet me, it's night and day and everybody sees that. When they see her in person outside of the magazine pictures, there's a big difference, let’s put it that way. I just want to leave it that.

BallerStatus.net: What separates you from the other female rappers?

Gloria Velez: Everything! There's no Latina rappers first of all. This is my opinion, so I don't want people to get offended, but the majority of female rappers that rap look like dudes. They have to be a certain way. It was really hard for me in the beginning to come out, [because] they told me I wasn't black enough, or I wasn't hip-hop enough, or I didn't look gangster. I needed to be a black girl, basically to be a female rapper. I look like a playboy bunny, but I can still be gangster. They always have an image that since I was a video vixen that all they know how to do is shake my ass. I can talk, I can be gangster too bitch. I'm pretty and I could fight. That's why they underestimated me when Remy [Martin] stepped up to me. They act like Glo's gonna get her ass kicked, why because she looks like a dude? Why because she barks louder? I don't like to bark, I rather punch you first. I'm way different from the other chicks. I'm really hungry for it; I really go the extra mile. I don't have no men behind me or a group pushing me; every female rapper has a man behind her.

BallerStatus.net: What kind of stuff you rap about?

Gloria Velez: Everything, I rap about certain people (laughs), everything that's been going on in my life, things that people really want to hear. I rap about dudes in general, we need some women anthems. Men be dissing us calling us chickens and birds, bu we don't have no women sh-t really holding us down, so I got a couple of them. I got to have some sexy joints; the men love that and definitely the women love that as well. That down south sh-t; I love that crunk music, and of course that East Coast gangster sh-t. I give it all; I'm not leaving anybody out.

I also got my music playing on Siruis radio on Shade 45. My first single is called "Put It In Your Mouth." It's me featuring General, he's from Philly. I got Money Carson, he's from New Jersey, and we already shot that video. It will first premier on "All Access DVD volume 10."

BallerStatus.net: According to one of my inside sources, I hear you going to be writing a sex column in Latin Men's magazine Fuego?

Gloria Velez: Yeah, we are talking about it. I'm doing a photo shoot for them at the end of this month. Yes, it's look good. So far it's a go.

BallerStatus.net: Since you going to be a sex columnist, perhaps you can give me some advice. I been with this nice girl for two months and I'm trying to knock the boots like H- Town... silence, you supposed to laugh...

Gloria Velez: (laughing) I'm sorry that was corny. (Laughs) Uh ah, that was weak.

BallerStatus.net: So back to the advice. I'm trying to put on some Al Green and Marvin Gaye and have her sweating to the oldies.

Gloria Velez: Ok, (laughs) you really need help if you going to talk to the girl like that.

BallerStatus.net: That's where you come in, I need some advice.

Gloria Velez: If you're a romantic dude, it would be nothing for you to get that. If she's already been dating you for 2 months and she's putting in energy and time to be with you for 2 months, you definitely going to hit that. You just got to find the right time, and do it nice and slow that whole night. Romance her and she'll definitely want you.

BallerStatus.net: So I got to romance her first "Nice And Slow" like Usher, then step on the "Gasolina?" That's some pretty good advice.

Gloria Velez: Yeah, exactly. You are too funny! I never heard nobody say it like that.

BallerStatus.net: Any final words?

Gloria Velez: I just want the people to know that I'm out there. I hosted Playboy TV, I was on the Dave Chapelle Show, and I'm dabbling into the acting thing. I'm just waiting for the right movie script to come my way, because once you mess up in movies, they don't really give you a second chance. I want it to be good. I want to be an action figure Latina. The majority of the action figure heroes are white women, there's no Latina women that's kicking f--king ass. I'm also shopping for a record deal. I would love to sign with Shady, Eminem. I love G-Unit, they don't have a female rapper. Also Jigga, I know he has Fox, but I think he's coming with a Latino Roc. Even if puts me underneath his wing, I would definitely rock with him, he's my favorite rapper. Interscope, Universal, Warner Bros, there's a few labels out there. I would definitely go independent if it's about that real paper.

I've been shooting a lot of footage of my performances, my parties, and photo shoots, so I am coming out with my own DVD as well. I got three mixtapes coming out: one with DJ Whoo Kid of G-Unit, and two with DJ Envy. I'm just working all the way around. You can go to GloriaVelez.com for the latest on me. I do answer the fans on my message boards. I write back as much as I can. I think reaching out to your fans is important. You got to be humble to the people that show you love, they the ones that make you.

www.ballerstatus.net

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Gloria Velez calls Budden a pussy and a gang of other shit
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 04:32:43 AM »
damn too long to read

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 04:49:50 AM »

kinda got silly/funny at the end.. but was a good read.. she sounds coo

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 05:38:28 AM »
Nice interview...funny at times.
She's fucking beautiful!

The Predator

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 06:39:57 AM »
She dissed the fuck outta buddens that was funny but damn that video ho talks a lot.

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 08:19:39 AM »
BallerStatus.net: Since you going to be a sex columnist, perhaps you can give me some advice. I been with this nice girl for two months and I'm trying to knock the boots like H- Town... silence, you supposed to laugh...

Gloria Velez: (laughing) I'm sorry that was corny. (Laughs) Uh ah, that was weak.

BallerStatus.net: So back to the advice. I'm trying to put on some Al Green and Marvin Gaye and have her sweating to the oldies.

Gloria Velez: Ok, (laughs) you really need help if you going to talk to the girl like that.

BallerStatus.net: That's where you come in, I need some advice.

Gloria Velez: If you're a romantic dude, it would be nothing for you to get that. If she's already been dating you for 2 months and she's putting in energy and time to be with you for 2 months, you definitely going to hit that. You just got to find the right time, and do it nice and slow that whole night. Romance her and she'll definitely want you.

BallerStatus.net: So I got to romance her first "Nice And Slow" like Usher, then step on the "Gasolina?" That's some pretty good advice.

Gloria Velez: Yeah, exactly. You are too funny! I never heard nobody say it like that.
LMAO!!!!

Funny shit!!

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 08:32:55 AM »
kinda got silly/funny at the end.. but was a good read.. she sounds coo

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 08:59:51 AM »
damn i thought buddens had that pussy on lock

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 01:53:38 PM »
man fuck this bitch, i hope Buddens rips her a new ass...

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 03:14:56 PM »
lol..she's cool...i actually read that all
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 03:39:42 PM »
she's talking a lot of shit

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 04:16:01 PM »
BallerStatus.net: You think that's going to sound sexy to the teenagers and guys in jail who pick up the magazine to see you?

Gloria Velez: Yes, because that's sexy to me. When they see me cleaning, that's sexy; when you see me cooking, that a sexy motherf--kin' thing;

Yep, shes right