Author Topic: The Jacka The Jack Artist  (Read 930 times)

youngmessnucca

The Jacka The Jack Artist
« on: July 06, 2005, 12:03:26 PM »
1. Never Blink-Good start to the album with sped up old school vocals and hard hitting bass....Jacka gives a little intro on who he is and talks about the hard times of life and Bay newcomers J-Stalin & Dubb 20 show why they been getting alot of shine latley-4/5

2. Iller Clip-Another smooth ass track by Roblo, Jackas real clever with his lines and a good hook as well, but nothing really standout about this cut-3.5/5

3. Get On Out There-Real nice R & B type joint.....it lacks lyrically but the beat does slam.....jacka & roblo just rap about the club & girls, kinda of a thugged out pop track-4.5/5

4. Standing by Starz-More smooth Roblo production, he utilizes different live guitar sounds and jack, who has a slow sing-songy flow, fits perfectly with the tracks...Fed-X of the Mob Figaz shows up on here and they just talk about being famous-4/5

5. Barney ( More Crime )-The street single right here, Jacka flowing bout that purple...Cormega & Rydah J Klyde of The Figz come thru with nice short verses and Jack shines at the end of the song with his best verse of the album so far ( this verse was not on the mixtape version )...hes gets progessivley deeper each track....This also is the only song not produced by Rob, credit it to Maki for making a great smokin beat-4.5/5

6. Girls Say-This is the joint they had been playing alot on KMEL...a club solo song about the ladies, but its a little more hardcore than most radio cuts, and jack gots some clever references to head on here..Roblos beat is stricktly pounding Mobb shit, on radio cut I never got tired of-5/5

7. Lookin' At It-Jack gets some shine from Bay legends Yukmouth & Keak Da Sneak....A pretty basic Roblo beat, but Jack gets seriously outshined by the 2 10+ year veterans...Yuk comes real tight without any bullshit disses and names all the Figz in his verse in a cool way, and Keak just tears this track to bits-4/5

8. Sometimes I-This takes you back to the mid 90's Bay sound.....some ridiculous 808's on here....My favorite Jacka line opens the song "Youre girl is blowin dicks like a Nintendo cartridge"...Ap9 returns with the Figz and delievers a top notch verse....Feddy & Klyde also flow along well and they all still sound so good together...this makes you fiend for another Mob Figaz album for real-5/5

9. Never Equal-A real dark track here, starts of with rock guitars and then becomes organ driven with dark sounds and more pounding bass....Akron, Ohios Regime rep Ampachino comes with a cool verse to start it off, he def puts alot of effort into the verse, and as far as a gangsta track its Jacka showing out with two stellar verse depicting the more violent side of Bay livin...dude comes off sounding real official on this, one of the most creative tracks of the album-5/5

10. Feel This Clip-true Bay Mobb shit on this cut, stretched out bass lines that go deep, almost sounds like some old Khayree shit.....cool 1st verse by Jack, more hardcore rhymes, but the hook and 2nd verse have jacks voice sped up so he sounds like a fucking chipmunk but the beat is so dope and track is so short it almost doesnt matter....props to them for trying something new, but imo would have rather heard the voice slowed than sped up-4/5

11. Really Dope-The title says it all.....Jacka goes hard dissing BA of 3X Krazy for some "paperwork" that surfaced, even smooth still over a R & B track but his verses are sick....Dubb 20 comes with a nice long verse and the Hustlah of the Figz drops some more hardcore shit with a ridiculous flow, never skip this track its a sluper fa sho-5/5

12. Delicate Lifestyle-A somber, R & B type beat....Jack & Hustla delve deeply into Islam on this track, and relate that to street life...newcomer TrueQ starts off the song with an alright verse, but def. not on The Figz level....the 1st track where Islam is mentioned......Maybe Jackas deepest verse ever, and he really shows his maturity on this, Hustlah as well-4/5

13. Turned Out-This has got to the standout cut on here, an excellent beat by Roblo with many differnet musical elements on here....more top-notch lyricsm by the Jacka, some straight Mobb shit.....song also has a nice verse by newcomer Akatta....Jacks 2nd verse is also ice, with some more subliminals thrown at BA...the beat hits at all the right times and this is my personal favorite on here-5/5

14. Blind World-More hard times type stuff....Jacka definitley at his best when hes going into deeper topics...not to much Muslim stuff, but its a soft cut with hard verses...
hustalah still coming off dope, improving everytime he is heard...the beat is a little boring but the lyrics & flows are top notch, cant trash this cut-4/5

15. Drugged Out-Very strange track, this is where Roblo's vast musical tastes come in.....cant really explain what this sounds like, maybe some 80s Phil Collins type shit or sumthing.....Fed-X shines the most on here with a 5 star verse, but Jack comes off a little stale on here, not bad but he can do better... the hook on here is trash, usually skip it right after 50's verse-3.5/5

16. Hey Girl-Not a bad song here, real good choice to take BA off this song, its just Jacka & Hustalah on here....kinda of a pop track, a little cheesy.....hes got a cool video for the original but this is the remix and puts the OG version to shame...This guys pop cuts are still better than anything mainstream...this is still a little slow moving-3/5

17. Won't Break Me-Excellent production on here...Jacka does the singsongy thing going on here but switches up to a fast past flow like he does on a few tracks...Lil Ric from Richmond shows up on here with a rare verse and this cat is still smooth as shit....Good singing at the end of the song, not inappropriate it goes well with the track...its really dope laid back shit here-4.5/5

18. Kuran-Not much to say about this one......real slow paced really boring beat on here....Jackas saving grace is that he gets real deep into Islam & his Deen ( sic? )...I can definitley respect that as many rappers are timid to talk about religion, but the track is not attention grabbing at all-3/5

19. Barney ( Remix pt. II )-For real, this has gotta be the 3rd or 4th version of this song that Ive heard....its got the same 1st & 3rd verses but a new 2nd one.....basically just a solo version of the track, same beat as track 5, no verse from Mega & Rydah but it dont take anything away from the cut so....-4.5/5

Basically this a 4mic album, its comes out to 4.2 all together.....it would be a flat out classic, but the album starts to lag a bit at the end so i cant give it 5.....Jacka has proved that he deserves the limelight and is 3X more talented & insightful than Fabolous, Young Gunz & Cassidy put toghether, now all he needs is the sales to match...
Jack covers alot of topics from dope to girls to hardtimes to straight up gangsta shit to religion...hes gets major props for that diversity, also alot of guests but they dont take anything way from Jack.....got this in March and I have a feeling Im gonna be bumping it all summer long.....BAY LUV!

Ghost421

• Lil Geezy
Re: The Jacka The Jack Artist
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 01:37:10 PM »
Yea this album is really dope. Also good to see a rapper from the P makin it. Aye, also, you said he dissin BA, is that why him and hustlah left dopegame?

youngmessnucca

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 04:07:56 PM »
its possible, im not 100% sure what happened with dope game, i think niggas just couldnt get they schedules together, but apparently BA did crack for the PD and gave names....to clear things up, Hustalah is not the snitch, its is supposedly BA

btw, glad to see someone else in this forum up on Bay rap, holla if u need anything else reviewd

Ghost421

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 04:36:24 PM »
yea, cuz i know that nigga huslah and awax got beef, and from some inside sources i heard huslah stabbed awax, but i dont know for sure.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 05:26:13 PM »
imo a-wax is dissin hustalah because he "rolls" with snitches, and wax posted up a pic of someone who looked like huss dressed in drag ;D.....mostly for attention i think because a-wax is not THAT good, but name me any group of 5 mcs that could hang with the Figz?

Ghost421

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 03:08:52 PM »
lol, nobody. but that diss track a-wax came with was dope.

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 06:07:32 PM »
if it wasnt husalah snitchin then that makes a-wax look real dumb, mob figaz and a-wax are the 2 biggest names out p-world and they should focus more on bein united to gain recognition
I got a bird's eye view

youngmessnucca

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 11:52:47 AM »
a-wax is trying to compensate his lack of lyricsm with controversy imo

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 12:47:30 PM »
good point...i think he is ok, but i get tired of him. its all the same lyrics, same subjects, he needs to learn from jacka and talk about something besides thuggin. he is almost as big as them, but he isnt on the mob figaz level lyrically
I got a bird's eye view

Ghost421

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 03:29:45 PM »
Yea, if Husalah wasn't the snitch I'm happy. It'd make the stabbing even funnier. They do just need to get together to get the P on the map. A lot of underground rappers are comin up from the P too, especially the west.

Ghost421

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 05:54:54 PM »
AYE YO! AP-9 was on fuckin' Inked or whatever on A&E. That nigga got shot 12 times. Take that 50 cent. Now watch the mob figaz blow up all over MTV and BET

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2005, 12:00:55 PM »
^^^haha if only he started to rap about that every verse he could bring the mob figaz up as the new g-unit and have all of em go platinum and have fake beefs.
I got a bird's eye view

Maniac Marxxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • London in this bitch!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005, 04:55:48 PM »
This is a tight album if he had been singned 2 a major like sony of interscope he would no doubt be a multi platinum artist, hes got commercial appeal and still kept it street on this album. Bigg up Jacka 4 this album waitn to hear more

CASHLOCC

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2005, 06:38:45 PM »
I LIKE JACKA BUT THAT CD IS BULLSHIT
R.I.P YOUNG SNOOP