Author Topic: Sylvester Stallone cashing in on the B.I.G murder  (Read 216 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sylvester Stallone cashing in on the B.I.G murder
« on: July 06, 2005, 12:55:24 PM »
Sylvester Stallone has chosen to take his Notorious B.I.G. biopic to the small screen after signing a deal to debut the controversial movie on HBO.

The Rocky star's long-awaited film -- based on the murder of the rapper -- was initially intended for a cinematic release.

According to Web site StalloneZone.com, the film, in which Stallone is to play Los Angeles Police Department homicide detective Russell Poole, will now air on HBO -- the network behind Sex & The City, The Sopranos and Six Feet Under.

Stallone's character Poole probed the rapper's still-unsolved murder and became the first investigator to suggest that crooked cops with ties to rival rap label Death Row Records might be mixed up in the 1997 murder.

Poole later quit the force, claiming former Los Angeles Police Chief Bernard Parks and other department heads had squashed his efforts to probe police corruption and the truth about the rapper's slaying.

The Notorious B.I.G.'s death has become a hot issue in Los Angeles in recent weeks as legal experts lock heads at the rapper's wrongful death trial.

http://www.southflorida.com/news/sfl-klwnwcmvhcm15jul04,0,79365.story?coll=sfe-news-wire

bez

Re: Sylvester Stallone cashing in on the B.I.G murder
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 03:24:25 PM »
Cashing in? not really.

Doing something that interests him and he knows will interest people all over the world, yes.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sylvester Stallone cashing in on the B.I.G murder
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 04:53:00 PM »
Obviously he couldnt get theatrical distribution, the article makes it seem like he chose for it to go to HBO.