Author Topic: British fuckers, on a different subject.....  (Read 824 times)

Don Seer

Re: British fuckers, on a different subject.....
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2005, 01:46:47 AM »
^ horses too... i ate horse when i stayed in france..

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2005, 02:05:29 AM »
yeah exactly, and they slate us for our cooking when they produce things like that, just shows you the arrogance of the french..

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2005, 07:27:31 AM »
it depends i think we have some excellant food, i'm told our fish and chips are the best in the world but i don't like that dish so i'll list some other examples

game meet is very traditional especially amoung the upper classes, my favourite being venison
The sunday roast with all the trimmings and yorkshire pudding is the highlight of my week and i am never out for no matter how hung over i am
heres a list of some dishes i found online
Balti
Bangers and mash (sausages and mashed potato)
Black pudding
Bubble and squeak
Cornish pasty
Cottage pie
Dumplings
Cheese
Haggis (Scotland)
Hash
Fish and chips
Lancashire Hotpot
Laverbread (Wales)
Pie and mash
Pork pie
Shepherd's pie
Steak and kidney pie
Toad-in-the-hole
Welsh rabbit
Yorkshire pudding

Bread and butter pudding
Christmas pudding
Cranachan
Dumplings
Queen of Puddings
Spotted dick
Trifle
Banoffee pie
Rhubarb crumble
Custard

The full english brekfast is probably the best in the world, wheneva i've eaten brekfast abroad its been nothing in comparisent

Talk of the Nation, April 20, 2005 · Restaurant Magazine publishes its list of the top 50 restaurants worldwide. For 2005, The Fat Duck in Bray, Berks, England took top honors. The magazine chose The French Laundry in Yountville, Calif. as the best in the Americas. The magazine surveyed a panel of more than 600 international chefs, critics and restaurateurs.

1. The Fat Duck -- Best in Europe
Bray, Berks, England

2. El Bulli -- Chef's Choice
Montjoi, Spain

3. The French Laundry -- Best in Americas
Yountville, Calif.
4. Tetsuya's -- Best in Australasia
Sydney, Australia
5. Gordon Ramsay
London

6. Pierre Gagnaire
Paris
7. Per Se -- Highest New Entry
New York
8. Tom Aikens
London

9. Jean Georges
New York
10. St John
London

11. Michel Bras
Laguiole, France
12. Le Louis XV
Monte Carlo, Monaco
13. Chez Panisse -- Highest Climber
Berkeley, Calif.
14. Charlie Trotter
Chicago
15. Gramercy Tavern
New York
16. Guy Savoy
Paris, France
17. Restaurant Alain Ducasse
Paris
18. The Gallery at Sketch
London

19. The Waterside Inn
Bray, Berks, England

20. Nobu
London

21. Restaurante Arzak
San Sebastian, Spain
22. El Raco de Can Fabes
San Celoni, Spain
23. Checcino dal 1887
Rome
24. Le Meurice
Paris
25. L'Hotel de Ville
Crissier, Switzerland
26. L’Arpege
Paris
27. Angela Hartnett at The Connaught
London

28. Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons
Oxon, England

29. Le Cinq
Paris, France
30. Hakkasan
London

31. Cal Pep -- Outstanding Value
Barcelona
32. Masa
New York
33. Flower Drum
Melbourne, Australia
34. WD50
New York
35. Le Quartier Francais – Best in Middle East & Africa
Franschhoek, South Africa
36. Spice Market
New York
37. Auberge de Auberge de l'Ill
Illhaeusern-Alsace, France
38. Manresa
California
39. Restaurant Dieter Muller
Bergisch Gladbach, Germany
40. La Maison Troisgros
Roanne, France
41. The Wolseley
London

42. Rockpool
Sydney, Australia
43. Yauatcha
London

44. The Ivy
London

45. Gambero Rosso
San Vincenzo, Italy
46. The Cliff
St James, Barbados
47. Le Gavroche
London

48. Enoteca Pinchiorri -- Editor's Choice
Florence, Italy
49. Felix -- Best in Asia
The Peninsula, Hong Kong
50. La Tupina
Bordeaux, France

looks like we've got the best restaurants in the world.....

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

rafsta

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2005, 08:31:44 AM »
nah i dont care really, just got rep your countries food, if you were french then we'd b havin a different conversation.. fuck knows how they slated us for bad cuisine when the love to eat snails, frogg legs and other dirt things...

please dont compare french cuisine to english grub... even the quality of food isnt so flash in the U.K... dont mean to hate, i love the U.K and it's people, but the food is hard to handle, no hot'n'spicy in the kfc, quality of vegetables is poor (tomatoes are green ffs), the difference is noticable when i leave u.k to france, everyday people in france can cook good shit up...

i lived with a mexican dude, and he couldnt stand livin with the English fam he was with coz he couldnt stand the food... i couldve stayed with my gf's folks forever with their food...

now even in Australia the quality of junk food is ALOT better than england, maybe its becasue we have better conditions to grow veggies and we have hectares of pasteurized land that cows roam free on...

and dont think you have fish'n'chips to be proud of, come to Australia and i will take you to a fish n chip shop, where they fry up fresh fish, not frozen hake or wteva disgusting shit the brits use... even all the english people i met agreed with me they think british food is 'pants'...

p.S: i doubt U.S food is much better than the U.K, U.S is the fattest population in the world, replace backed beans for hot-dogs and you got the U.S...

AfterMathematics

• 'G'
  • West Coast Represent for all y'all
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2005, 08:56:46 AM »
I heard the Indian food in London is some of the best in the world.

Doggystylin

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2005, 11:29:15 AM »
this thread is bullshit and everyone knows it

Sikotic™

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2005, 12:15:59 PM »
WTF is spotted dick?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2005, 12:19:01 PM »
^ its nice with custard  :D

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2005, 12:22:10 PM »
lol this shit makes me laugh every time i see it in the frozen food isle...

mr brains pork faggots - real item of food sold in most supermarkets over here in UK - & no, im not joking!  :o

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2005, 12:25:48 PM »
lol this shit makes me laugh every time i see it in the frozen food isle...

mr brains pork faggots - real item of food sold in most supermarkets over here in UK - & no, im not joking! :o

Go on...grab some faggots for tea tonight

A review by Fruity_Tart on Mr Brains Pork Faggots
January 18th, 2003

Author's product rating:   

Advantages: Taste, great for an easy to prepare dinner
Disadvantages: Can be pricey, faggots sometimes break up when you're putting them on the plate, high fat

Recommend to potential buyers: yes 

Full review
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faggots for tea - yum, yum. I sent Mark to the supermarket in search of something 'different' and this is what he came back with. I've not had them for ages (just never think to buy them!) and just scoffed 2 with chips and peas and they were delicious. The particular faggots I'm writing about are 'Mr Brain's 4 pork faggots in a rich west country sauce.' And what a clever chap Mr Brain's is - who would have thought something as revolting as pork liver could be made into something so thoroughly lovely.

They come in a yellow box which shows a picture of 2 steaming faggots, a pile of buttery mash and perfect peas on a plate with lovely looking thick gravy. The front of the box also tells you they are indeed Mr Brain's 4 Pork Faggots in a Rich West Country Sauce and they are made using a 'traditional pork recipe'. The front also lets you know that you have brought the 378g pack (ie. 4 faggots) The back of the box is a yellowy-orange colour with masses of writing (why do companies have to put so much damn small print on something as basic as faggots?). The ingredients list is there, along with storage instructions, nutritional information, cooking guidelines and contact information.

oOoOoOo INGREDIENTS oOoOoOo

Nothing too surprising here - the main ingredient is water and theres 11% pork in the faggots, which is a mixture of pork and pork liver. Pork rind is also included as is onion and various other bits and pieces. The only E number is E150c which is (apparently) a colouring agent.

oOoOoOo STORAGE oOoOoOo

This is where it gets a bit confusing. If your freezer has one star you can keep it for 1 week from date of purchase, two stars you can keep for 1 month from purchase, three and four stars mean you can keep it right up till the best before date. And do I have any idea how many stars my freezer has? Do I heck as like! If you don't have a freezer, you can keep your faggots in the ice making compartment for 3 days and in the fridge for 12 hours.

oOoOoOo NUTRITIONAL INFO oOoOoOo

These faggots are very high in fat (12.5g per 189g cooked, ie. 2 faggots), but not too bad in the calorie stakes with only 242 cals per 2 cooked faggots. Also a HUGE carbohydrate level of 22.5g per 2 cooked faggots. So if you're following a low carbohydrate diet these might just take you over the edge!

oOoOoOo COOKING oOoOoOo

You can cook these in the oven (Gas Mark 8 for 30 - 40 minutes) or microwave them (which I didn't know and don't fancy the idea of mic-ed faggots) for roughly 10 minutes, stirring the sauce a couple of times. If you're going to microwave them TAKE THEM OUT OF THE FOIL PACKAGING or your microwave might blow up! The heating guidelines important information reads - 'For best results always cook from frozen. Cooking times are a guideline only as variations between various appliances can occur. Ensure product is piping hot throughout before serving. Handle hot lid and container carefully. Do not reheat once cooked.'

I took my faggots out of the box and was confronted with a foil carton (like what you get from the chinese) covered with a card lid. Before you cook the faggots, you have to loosen the edge of the foil around the lid and put it in the oven. Easy peasy. Make sure you don't loosen the lid too much though or the bottom of your cooker will be covered in gravy! Now cooking them is a bit of a hit & miss affair. Because they're completely covered by the foil container and lid you have to time them perfectly or you either end up with hardly any gravy or worse, faggots that are still cold in the middle! Lovely - NOT! I find its best to cook them for the full 40 mins cos in my oven they're never cooked properly after 30 mins. I love faggots and chips so halfway though cooking I put my oven chips in because the brilliant thing about Mr Brain's faggots is they arre cooked at Gas Mark 8, which is the same temp as most oven chips.

When they're cooked I remove the lid and use a spoon to put the faggots on the plates (2 each is perfect for me and Mark), put the chips and peas on the plate and pour the gravy over the chps. It can be a bit fiddly to get the faggots out in one piece because the bottoms can stick to the container, but I find a firm shove (for want of a better word) with the spoon will dislodge the bottoms of the faggots and they'll come out in perfect balls. They smell great, really meaty and rich. They look really nice too, like a traditional English dinner - large meatball looking faggots which are a rich dark brown and the gravy is very thick and a slightly lighter brown than the actual faggots.

And they taste gorgeous. Theres a slightly spicy taste to them, which is hard to describe because the spice comes in as more of an aftertaste. You can taste the pork, although it tastes nothing like normal pork, and also the taste of the onion comes through nicely. I can actually taste a bit of tomato in these faggots, although looking on the ingredients list only a little bit of tomato puree is used. And they are sooooo moreish - I have 2 faggots and couldn't really manage anymore, but they taste so lovely I think I could eat the 4 if no-one else wanted any! The texture of them is good too, they're soft and chewy but they break up nicely into crumbly pieces. Sometimes if you leave them in for slightly longer and the gravy starts boiling away you get a lovely 'crust' on top of the faggots, but you'll never get this deliberately - you just have to forget about them! The only thing I can thing of off the top of my head to liken them to is haggis, although haggis is much spicier than faggots. And when you buy them don't imagine fresh butchers faggots because they're nothing like this in either taste or appearance - I personally prefer Mr Brains's faggots to fresh anyway. The gravy is thick and tastes like fresh gravy - although theres a slightly synthetic aftertaste to the gravy. Also, you don't get too much gravy with them, which is fine for me as I'm not a big gravy person but I always have to make some extra gravy up for Mark (who likes his dinner swimming round in a sea of gravy!)

These faggots cost me £1.39 in Iceland for a pack of 4 and they also sell in packs of 2 for 89p and packs of 6 for £1.79. You can also buy them just about anywhere that has a freezer section, but be prepared to pay through the nose if you buy them from a small shop - I saw some yesterday in our tiny local shop priced at £2.05 for 4 faggots!

I'll definately buy them again as they're perfect when you're rushing about because its just a case of shoving them in the oven and forgetting about them.

Mr Brain's faggots are produced by a company called Hibernia Brands Ltd and you can write to them at: Hibernia Brands Ltd, Bridge Road, Bristol, BS15 4PT. Mr Brain's is also sponsoring this years national faggot week, which I believe is being held in February - so go on..... buy a box in time for faggot week

Thanks for reading.

lmfao!!!  from -->> www.ciao.co.uk/Mr_Brains_Pork_Faggots__Review_5319285

this shit had me crying tears of laughter....
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 12:32:43 PM by Mac 10 »
NO MORE WAR

Don Seer

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2005, 12:38:26 PM »
faggots are spicy meatballs thats all..
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 12:40:12 PM by Overseer »

Diabolical

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2005, 12:42:56 PM »
Nice Avatar

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2005, 07:08:39 PM »
holy crap if anyone should NOT be talking about other culutures' food it's Ahab the Arab...

arab food is like eating donkey shit and onions

when i was in england a few years back the food we ate was GRUUUUUUUUB

it depends i think we have some excellant food, i'm told our fish and chips are the best in the world but i don't like that dish so i'll list some other examples

The sunday roast with all the trimmings and yorkshire pudding is the highlight of my week and i am never

Bangers and mash (sausages and mashed potato) this is even better when you mix some scrambled egg in there
Black pudding [
Cornish pasty
Cottage pie
Dumplings i crave this alot
Hash
Lancashire Hotpot
Laverbread (Wales)
Pie and mash
Pork pie
Toad-in-the-hole
Yorkshire pudding
Bread and butter pudding
Christmas pudding
Cranachan
Trifle[/b]<----my grandma makes this....and it's goooooooooooooooooood(you know you got a bomb recipe when a mexican GRANDMA makes it)Banoffee pie

The full english brekfast is probably the best in the world, wheneva i've eaten brekfast abroad its been nothing in comparisent<-----------------it's bomb but you havn't been to Cindy's

[

^ all that shit is bomb

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2005, 10:02:55 PM »
holy crap if anyone should NOT be talking about other culutures' food it's Ahab the Arab...

The sunday roast with all the trimmings and yorkshire pudding is the highlight of my week and i am never

Bangers and mash (sausages and mashed potato) this is even better when you mix some scrambled egg in there
Black pudding [
Cornish pasty
Cottage pie
Hash
Lancashire Hotpot
Laverbread (Wales)
Pie and mash
Pork pie
Toad-in-the-hole
Yorkshire pudding
Bread and butter pudding
Christmas pudding
Cranachan
Trifle[/b]<----my grandma makes this....and it's goooooooooooooooooood(you know you got a bomb recipe when a mexican GRANDMA makes it)Banoffee pie

The full english brekfast is probably the best in the world, wheneva i've eaten brekfast abroad its been nothing in comparisent<-----------------it's bomb but you havn't been to Cindy's

[

^ all that shit is bomb

I hope you aint speakin on me pendejo.

1. I aint Arab

2. Arab food > British

3. Afghan rice > Mexicos entire history

8)
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2005, 02:28:13 AM »

Black pudding [
Cornish pasty
Cottage pie
Hash
Lancashire Hotpot
Laverbread (Wales)
Pie and mash
Pork pie
Toad-in-the-hole
Yorkshire pudding
Bread and butter pudding
Christmas pudding
Cranachan

[

^ all that shit is bomb

I hope you aint speakin on me pendejo.

1. I aint Arab

2. Arab food > British

3. Afghan rice > Mexicos entire history

8)

LMAO @ tech implying that camel steaks are better than mexican food......::in Dr. Evil voice:: riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09