Author Topic: Are Country music and Heavy Metal music a racist Genre? Both Sides....  (Read 691 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
EVH didnt invent tapping Classical musicians have used tapping for years.
And around the same time as EVH, Randy Rhoads R.I.P. (Ozzy's guitarist) was using tapping as well. They were both at "war" to prove who was the better guitarist.

hammer on and pull offs have been around forever, but adding the two extra fingers that EVH did was totally new the tapping that you hear in eruption wasn't around in classical music ..how could it be you can't tap on a classical guitar, you can't tap on a violin, you can't tap on chello, you can't tap on anything very effectively except an electric guitar...................and as much as i like randy rhoads he didn't event that either, eruption came out in 77' was recorded in 76' and written in 75' rhoads didn't even encorperate tapping into his repetoir until "blizzard of ozz" which was in 1980 when he was with quiet riot he never tapped .the thing randy rhoads gets credited with is using classical scales instead of the usual blues scales.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
<HTML><FONT  SIZE=2 PTSIZE=10 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
all bands pre 80's were blues based, hell even zeppelin was more blues than most other bands out.....just look at jimmy page's scale structure .......Led Zeppelin became the biggest hard rock band but they DEFINATELY weren't the reason for the genre getting big....cuz it was already big before they were even starting to get that hard. Zeppelin didn't really blow up with their hard sound until AFTER many many many OTHER hard rock acts came out.....so i don't know what you're trying to argue here, first Zeppelin was the reason for Metal? wrong. then zeppelin was the reason for Hard Rock? wrong. now they're the reason why the genre got big? wrong......it was ALREADY big when Zeppelin were coming up.
<BR>
<BR>
I already told you there were songs on their first album just as hard as songs on their last album. There is no way Zep became harder because of Sabbath because they were as hard before Sabbath. What hard rock song was big before Led Zeppelin 1. What song sounded like the ending to Dazed and Confused? That was a huge song commercially.When I say blues based I mean softer blues. Obviously Zep was blues, but they added that hard edge to it that Cream, Steppenwolf, etc didn't. Born to be Wild was a great song, but no one thinks of it as antthing near a metal song, while a few tracks on Zep 1 that are certainly metal or precursor to metal.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
and LOL at Eddie Van Halen not inventing tapping...sorry sir but yes he did. that's what made eruption so amazing people thought he had a twelive inch pinky to be able to hamer on pull off on the 2 -5 and 12 at the same time <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Tell that to Ritchie Blackmore. He may disagree with you. <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
man you dont' even know what you're talking about man there were hard rock songs BEFORE Led Zep I..<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
here man heres parts of the first chapter from one of my music books from school defining and describing in short Heavy Metal and Hard Rock:<BR>
<BR>
The term heavy metal was first used b william Burroughs in his novel Naked Lunch, and first used in music by steppenwolf in the song "Born to be Wild." the mosted noted expert on the subect, Lester Bangs, popularized the term in the heavy metal fan magazine Creem. Some of the first musicians to play in this style were Cream,The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Iron Butterfly, MC5, and Blue Oyster Cult.&nbsp; During its formative stages, heavy metal and hard rock were simpyl part of the development of rock and roll; only later did it become a specialized form for certain groups.
<BR>
<BR>
gee i don't see led zeppelin in here <BR>
<BR>
okay now on to the Hard rock Chapter:<BR>
<BR>
The Pre-Hard/metal stage of&nbsp; music is made up of musicians who were called rock musicians. Although they played music that would have heavy influence on metal style, they were mainstream hard rock musicians, some continued on to be known as metal musicians and some remained outside the style of&nbsp; classic metal and hard rock. Jimi Hendrixwas bron in 1942 in seattle, washington, and died in london in 1970. He was influnced by Muddy waters, BB King, Chuck Berry, and Eddie Cochran. He played guitar from an early age and in 1959, enlisted in the army. Althoughhe played during his army stint, his carreerrealy began in 1961, where he became a working musician. he played behind numerous musicians, in lcuding Sam cooke, BB king, Little Richard, Ike and tina Turner, the Isley Brothers, and King Curtis. His stage name at the time was Jimmy James. by 1967 he had formed the jimmy hendrix Experience that last through&nbsp; three highly influencial hard rock releases from 67-69. By 1969 the original band was no more Hendrix had formed and recorded "Band of Gypsies". In 1970 he would be found dead in London. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Although his short career was not successful on a case-by-case analysis, his influence was incredible. his playing style, all of his compositions, and even unreleased tapes have been analyzed, re-recorded, and discussed by many rock critics and most importantly, significant musicians. his lasting legacy is his continued popularity; and he has had pivotal impact on the style and development of heavy metal and hard rock <BR>

<BR>
<BR>
wasn't that before Led Zeppelin I?<BR>
<BR>
onward ....<BR>
The Who were one of the first to use some particular techniques before they became fashionable. the hgih use of distortion as a tension-building device would later become very imprtant to rock in general and heavy metal in particular; the who started using heavy distorition at approximately the same time that Hendrix was active (67-70)&nbsp; Also important are the destructive stae antics they used. Like Hendrix, the who destroyed guitar and ampilfiers on a regular basis. it was part of their stage routine and they were certainly made more visible as a result of it. but while the who did not continue to develope as a heavy metal band-they already had a rather unique sound, they used techniques that would later become staples for artists to come like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, and Led Zeppelin.
<BR>
<BR>
oh wow, did you read that?<BR>
<BR>
onward...<BR>
<BR>
The Yarbirds was originally formed in 1963 as the Most Blueswailing Yardbirds; Eric Clapton joined the badn four months after its formation. at first they were a pure blues band, although ultimately they served as an important link between british rhythm and blues and the psychedelic/pre-heavy metal rock of the late 60's . interestingly, when clapton was with the yarbirds the badn was not really very progressive, although at the time they were recognized as being at the forefront of the British hard rock scene Clapton would quit the band in 65' because he felt the music was drifting too far from the blues. <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; When Clapton quit the yarbirds, he was replaced by jeff beck, in 1965 the yarbirds put out one major album, Having a rave-Up with the Yarbirds ( with Jeff beck), on which there was at least one element on each song with Heavy Metal Implications "Heart Full of Soul" contained electiric guitar riffs with heavy use of fuzz sound. In 1966 Jimmy Page joined the group, first on bass, then guitar. while the pairing of Beck and Page did not last long, that particular sound was to have lasting implications, if only because of what the two musicians did afterwards. the band would disband with Jimmy Page retaining the rights to the bands name and would reform a new group called the "the new yardbirds" who would later be known as Led Zeppelin.
<BR>
<BR>
hmmmm heavy metal in 65 and 66.. again what year did led Zeppelin I come out?<BR>
<BR>
the book goes on for 20 pages or so until Zeppelin is even mentioned ....so here is what it has to say about them:<BR>
<BR>
Led Zeppelin was an increadibly important badn from 1968 until 1983. The two most important member wer probably Jimmy Page, recognized by everyone for his influence on rock guitars, and the vocalist Robert Plant.&nbsp; Jimi Hendrix is credited as rock's most significant guitar player and the first inlfluence leading toward heavy metal, Jimmy Page helped add to the influence along with Blue Oyster Cult the mythology of heavy metal, since Jimmy Page believes in exotic philosophies; this clearly comes through their song lyrics and playing style. They changed their name to Led Zeppelin after competing a Scandinaviantour; Led Zeppelin's name was recommended by Richard Cole, who got it from keith Moon and John Entwistle of The Who for the tight and heavy rhythm section moon and entwistle had. Drummer John Bonham and Bassist John Paul Jones were heavy influenced by this rhythm section. Led Zeppelin's First album (1969) reached the top ten in Billbaord and thier second album went to number one. Their first US tour in early 1969 was with Vanilla Fudge.&nbsp;&nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>
^says nothing about starting anything <BR>
<BR>
here's something else that i found interesting:<BR>
<BR>
Deep Purple and Black Sabbath , however , were terribly importnat in thier time. From 1969 to 1975 they were consistently recognized as the premier heavy metal bands. while Led Zeppelin did not firmly plant itself in that style, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath did and attracted many of the cult fans of early heavy metal.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
and LMAO at Ritchie blackmore being credited with the tap....lol , do you even know what tapping is? Ritchie Blackmore was always known for his riffs and how LOUD he played (he was even in the guiness book of records for that) Dude i play guitar and know a grip of Deep Purple and Rainbow songs and Ritchie doesn't use the tapping method, the only thing close he uses is his hammer ons ....which is something he got from tony iomi. <BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
<HTML><FONT  SIZE=2 PTSIZE=10 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
all bands pre 80's were blues based, hell even zeppelin was more blues than most other bands out.....just look at jimmy page's scale structure .......Led Zeppelin became the biggest hard rock band but they DEFINATELY weren't the reason for the genre getting big....cuz it was already big before they were even starting to get that hard. Zeppelin didn't really blow up with their hard sound until AFTER many many many OTHER hard rock acts came out.....so i don't know what you're trying to argue here, first Zeppelin was the reason for Metal? wrong. then zeppelin was the reason for Hard Rock? wrong. now they're the reason why the genre got big? wrong......it was ALREADY big when Zeppelin were coming up.
<BR>
<BR>
I already told you there were songs on their first album just as hard as songs on their last album. There is no way Zep became harder because of Sabbath because they were as hard before Sabbath. What hard rock song was big before Led Zeppelin 1. What song sounded like the ending to Dazed and Confused? That was a huge song commercially.When I say blues based I mean softer blues. Obviously Zep was blues, but they added that hard edge to it that Cream, Steppenwolf, etc didn't. Born to be Wild was a great song, but no one thinks of it as antthing near a metal song, while a few tracks on Zep 1 that are certainly metal or precursor to metal.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
and LOL at Eddie Van Halen not inventing tapping...sorry sir but yes he did. that's what made eruption so amazing people thought he had a twelive inch pinky to be able to hamer on pull off on the 2 -5 and 12 at the same time <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Tell that to Ritchie Blackmore. He may disagree with you. <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
man you dont' even know what you're talking about man there were hard rock songs BEFORE Led Zep I..<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
here man heres parts of the first chapter from one of my music books from school defining and describing in short Heavy Metal and Hard Rock:<BR>
<BR>
The term heavy metal was first used b william Burroughs in his novel Naked Lunch, and first used in music by steppenwolf in the song "Born to be Wild." the mosted noted expert on the subect, Lester Bangs, popularized the term in the heavy metal fan magazine Creem. Some of the first musicians to play in this style were Cream,The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Iron Butterfly, MC5, and Blue Oyster Cult.&nbsp; During its formative stages, heavy metal and hard rock were simpyl part of the development of rock and roll; only later did it become a specialized form for certain groups.
<BR>
<BR>
gee i don't see led zeppelin in here <BR>
<BR>
okay now on to the Hard rock Chapter:<BR>
<BR>
The Pre-Hard/metal stage of&nbsp; music is made up of musicians who were called rock musicians. Although they played music that would have heavy influence on metal style, they were mainstream hard rock musicians, some continued on to be known as metal musicians and some remained outside the style of&nbsp; classic metal and hard rock. Jimi Hendrixwas bron in 1942 in seattle, washington, and died in london in 1970. He was influnced by Muddy waters, BB King, Chuck Berry, and Eddie Cochran. He played guitar from an early age and in 1959, enlisted in the army. Althoughhe played during his army stint, his carreerrealy began in 1961, where he became a working musician. he played behind numerous musicians, in lcuding Sam cooke, BB king, Little Richard, Ike and tina Turner, the Isley Brothers, and King Curtis. His stage name at the time was Jimmy James. by 1967 he had formed the jimmy hendrix Experience that last through&nbsp; three highly influencial hard rock releases from 67-69. By 1969 the original band was no more Hendrix had formed and recorded "Band of Gypsies". In 1970 he would be found dead in London. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Although his short career was not successful on a case-by-case analysis, his influence was incredible. his playing style, all of his compositions, and even unreleased tapes have been analyzed, re-recorded, and discussed by many rock critics and most importantly, significant musicians. his lasting legacy is his continued popularity; and he has had pivotal impact on the style and development of heavy metal and hard rock <BR>

<BR>
<BR>
wasn't that before Led Zeppelin I?<BR>
<BR>
onward ....<BR>
The Who were one of the first to use some particular techniques before they became fashionable. the hgih use of distortion as a tension-building device would later become very imprtant to rock in general and heavy metal in particular; the who started using heavy distorition at approximately the same time that Hendrix was active (67-70)&nbsp; Also important are the destructive stae antics they used. Like Hendrix, the who destroyed guitar and ampilfiers on a regular basis. it was part of their stage routine and they were certainly made more visible as a result of it. but while the who did not continue to develope as a heavy metal band-they already had a rather unique sound, they used techniques that would later become staples for artists to come like Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, and Led Zeppelin.
<BR>
<BR>
oh wow, did you read that?<BR>
<BR>
onward...<BR>
<BR>
The Yarbirds was originally formed in 1963 as the Most Blueswailing Yardbirds; Eric Clapton joined the badn four months after its formation. at first they were a pure blues band, although ultimately they served as an important link between british rhythm and blues and the psychedelic/pre-heavy metal rock of the late 60's . interestingly, when clapton was with the yarbirds the badn was not really very progressive, although at the time they were recognized as being at the forefront of the British hard rock scene Clapton would quit the band in 65' because he felt the music was drifting too far from the blues. <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; When Clapton quit the yarbirds, he was replaced by jeff beck, in 1965 the yarbirds put out one major album, Having a rave-Up with the Yarbirds ( with Jeff beck), on which there was at least one element on each song with Heavy Metal Implications "Heart Full of Soul" contained electiric guitar riffs with heavy use of fuzz sound. In 1966 Jimmy Page joined the group, first on bass, then guitar. while the pairing of Beck and Page did not last long, that particular sound was to have lasting implications, if only because of what the two musicians did afterwards. the band would disband with Jimmy Page retaining the rights to the bands name and would reform a new group called the "the new yardbirds" who would later be known as Led Zeppelin.
<BR>
<BR>
hmmmm heavy metal in 65 and 66.. again what year did led Zeppelin I come out?<BR>
<BR>
the book goes on for 20 pages or so until Zeppelin is even mentioned ....so here is what it has to say about them:<BR>
<BR>
Led Zeppelin was an increadibly important badn from 1968 until 1983. The two most important member wer probably Jimmy Page, recognized by everyone for his influence on rock guitars, and the vocalist Robert Plant.&nbsp; Jimi Hendrix is credited as rock's most significant guitar player and the first inlfluence leading toward heavy metal, Jimmy Page helped add to the influence along with Blue Oyster Cult the mythology of heavy metal, since Jimmy Page believes in exotic philosophies; this clearly comes through their song lyrics and playing style. They changed their name to Led Zeppelin after competing a Scandinaviantour; Led Zeppelin's name was recommended by Richard Cole, who got it from keith Moon and John Entwistle of The Who for the tight and heavy rhythm section moon and entwistle had. Drummer John Bonham and Bassist John Paul Jones were heavy influenced by this rhythm section. Led Zeppelin's First album (1969) reached the top ten in Billbaord and thier second album went to number one. Their first US tour in early 1969 was with Vanilla Fudge.&nbsp;&nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>
^says nothing about starting anything <BR>
<BR>
here's something else that i found interesting:<BR>
<BR>
Deep Purple and Black Sabbath , however , were terribly importnat in thier time. From 1969 to 1975 they were consistently recognized as the premier heavy metal bands. while Led Zeppelin did not firmly plant itself in that style, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath did and attracted many of the cult fans of early heavy metal.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
and LMAO at Ritchie blackmore being credited with the tap....lol , do you even know what tapping is? Ritchie Blackmore was always known for his riffs and how LOUD he played (he was even in the guiness book of records for that) Dude i play guitar and know a grip of Deep Purple and Rainbow songs and Ritchie doesn't use the tapping method, the only thing close he uses is his hammer ons ....which is something he got from tony iomi. <BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>

Yeah Ritchie is a cocky bastard. I love his style though. Southern Rock music such as Allman brothers, Lynryd Skynyrd, and a host of others bands paid tribute to Blues guitarist Robert Johnson. Skynyrd went as far as saying in Sweet Home Alabama.. "well we all love the governor, boo boo boo" attacking  Governor George Wallace for his racist views. I'm astounded how blacks look at you when you say you like that type of music.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Fear and Loathing I can't really make out all of what your saying but I'll try and respond the best I can;

When I said Zep popularized Metal, that's all I mean. I never said they were the first hard rockers. What I mean by them doing it is too things; 1)they were the first to make it big on a consistent level, and 2) they were the first to bring it all together in my opinion. A lot of bands had hard guitar before, or hard drums before, or a kind of scream, but when you put the hard guitar of Page, the bass and boards of Jones, the rugged sirens of Plant, and the thunder of Bonham all coming together became the staple for metal years later. Were they the first? Maybe not, but no one was as big doing it before or after them.

And as for the tapping thing. I never said Blackmore invented it. Truthfully it goes back to the 50s. Look up a guy named Jimmie Webster. He didn't invent either but he wroe a book about two hand tapping in 1952? Eddy was born in 1955, so unless his spirit canme out of his dad's sperm and inspired Webster, I'll given credit where it's due.

http://www.geocities.com/websterfiles/webster.html

Diabolical

Yeah Ritchie is a cocky bastard. I love his style though. Southern Rock music such as Allman brothers, Lynryd Skynyrd, and a host of others bands paid tribute to Blues guitarist Robert Johnson. Skynyrd went as far as saying in Sweet Home Alabama.. "well we all love the governor, boo boo boo" attacking  Governor George Wallace for his racist views. I'm astounded how blacks look at you when you say you like that type of music.

Lynyrd Skynrd wrote Sweet Home Alabama as a response to another song criticising the south for being racist, amongst other things.

Jake: I meant Classical Guitarists, the tapping they used might not have been exact to the EVH method but it was still used.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Lynyrd Skynrd wrote Sweet Home Alabama as a response to another song criticising the south for being racist, amongst other things.

It was a response to Niel Young's Alabama, and Southern Man. They even call out Niel in the song.

Diabolical

Thanks man, i thought it was Neil Young but wasnt sure.

Trauma-san

man that david allen coe shit is fucking hillarious, stupid fucking white people

Are you talking about She Ran off With a Nigger, or the other racist songs? Because the other racist songs aren't Coe, they're Johnny Rebel (who is 5 or 6 different people).

Also for everyone in general. Why is it so bad and terrible to make comedic songs downgrading blacks, but funny and good when Snoop and the DPG make comedic songs downgradding all women, and revolutionary when Ice Cube makes comedic social commentaries dwngrading white men?

They are just songs meant for people who find them funny or funny and true. Just like Cube didn't want blacks to go out and kill whites after listening to Horny Lil' Devil or Koreans after listening to Black Korea, Johnny Rebel or David Allan Coe in one case didn't want whites to go out and kill blacks for being with white women. I understand that blacks with white women were a sterioids problem once upon a time, and blacks killing whites never was, but Coe never publicly released She Ran off with a Nigger and no one really ever heard it. If the internet was never created less than 0.01% of America would even know it existed.

You're a fucking idiot, like usual.  That's my favorite opening line I use.  Anyways...

Lemme show you the flaw in your argument, bitch.

Snoop and Cube and blah blah blah have nothing to do with David Allan Coe.  David Allan Coe made a song with the word "nigger" in the title, something nobody but a racist would do.  Nobody's saying it's alright for rappers to denegrate women, as a matter of fact I speak against it all the time on here.  Nobody's saying Cube isn't a racist, either.  I don't know why you're on this fucks dick so hard that you want to take up for his obvious racial slurring (ugh, in the fucking TITLE of the song).  He's a racist, what do you care?  How is that pathetic? Pathetic is you hiding behind a different screen name (I know who the fuck you are) and pathetic is you taking up for a fucking racist even when it's obvious that he is one. 

J Bananas

David Alan Coe is fucking funny just because he is so over the top he reminds me of Clayton Bigsby.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
man that david allen coe shit is fucking hillarious, stupid fucking white people

Are you talking about She Ran off With a Nigger, or the other racist songs? Because the other racist songs aren't Coe, they're Johnny Rebel (who is 5 or 6 different people).

Also for everyone in general. Why is it so bad and terrible to make comedic songs downgrading blacks, but funny and good when Snoop and the DPG make comedic songs downgradding all women, and revolutionary when Ice Cube makes comedic social commentaries dwngrading white men?

They are just songs meant for people who find them funny or funny and true. Just like Cube didn't want blacks to go out and kill whites after listening to Horny Lil' Devil or Koreans after listening to Black Korea, Johnny Rebel or David Allan Coe in one case didn't want whites to go out and kill blacks for being with white women. I understand that blacks with white women were a sterioids problem once upon a time, and blacks killing whites never was, but Coe never publicly released She Ran off with a Nigger and no one really ever heard it. If the internet was never created less than 0.01% of America would even know it existed.

You're a fucking idiot, like usual.  That's my favorite opening line I use.  Anyways...

Lemme show you the flaw in your argument, bitch.

Snoop and Cube and blah blah blah have nothing to do with David Allan Coe.  David Allan Coe made a song with the word "nigger" in the title, something nobody but a racist would do.  Nobody's saying it's alright for rappers to denegrate women, as a matter of fact I speak against it all the time on here.  Nobody's saying Cube isn't a racist, either.  I don't know why you're on this fucks dick so hard that you want to take up for his obvious racial slurring (ugh, in the fucking TITLE of the song).  He's a racist, what do you care?  How is that pathetic? Pathetic is you hiding behind a different screen name (I know who the fuck you are) and pathetic is you taking up for a fucking racist even when it's obvious that he is one. 

You're not only pathetic, apparently you're a little slow and not much a of a reader either. What different screen name? My screen name has been "Shallow" since the day I signed up here 3 or so years ago. You jackass. If you can't get simple things like that right, what makes you think you can distinguish between a racist and a racist comedy song?

There is a difference being a racist who hates the idea of black men with white women and a guy who writes a comedic song on an X rated album about black men with white, who actually employs and befriends black men with white wives. It is clear Coe has no personal hatred towards the idea, or else he would have switched drummers. The point I was making about guys like Cube, Jay z, and Eminem, a point clearly over your head, was not that they are necessarily racist in their songs, but that they too write songs for comedy or effect, for the sake of the song and entertainment. How many times has Jay Z rapped about shooting someone? Compare that to how many times he's actually shot someone? Since it's probably none, and certainly none since he became famous, is it safe to say that he is not a murderer? Same goes for Em; by your logic Eminem is a rapist or at least an advoacte for raping your mother. Is he really? Of course not.

David Allan Coe just wrote a bunch of songs made strictly for Bikers to laugh. They were only sold through Biker magazines upon release and they included every taboo topic under the sun. To call the man a racist is wrong. It has nothing to do with my personal feelings towards him. You know how I like Michael Jackson; if someone called him a child molester I'd say they are wrong.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch

Jake: I meant Classical Guitarists, the tapping they used might not have been exact to the EVH method but it was still used.

unless your definition of classical guitarists are: Kirk Hammett, Dimebag Darrell, Marty Friedman, or Dave Murry .....i'm sorry but classical guitarists did not use that method EVH used...they used hammer-on pull offs , also you can't really tap on a classical guitar the strings are nylon and the neck is too fat and the scale ratio is too short because the frets end at the 12.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!

unless your definition of classical guitarists are: Kirk Hammett, Dimebag Darrell, Marty Friedman, or Dave Murry .....i'm sorry but classical guitarists did not use that method EVH used...they used hammer-on pull offs , also you can't really tap on a classical guitar the strings are nylon and the neck is too fat and the scale ratio is too short because the frets end at the 12.

Did you read up on Jimmie Webster? He may not have tapped as well as Eddy, and Eddy may be the best at it, but my point was simple; Edward Van Halen did not invent two hand tapping on a single or double neck guitar. Can we now agree on that?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
^i'll give you props on that, didn't know about that dude. thanks

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^i'll give you props on that, didn't know about that dude. thanks

Keep in mind that Webster didn't invent tapping either. He just wrote the first book about it.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
it'd have to be sometime around the first electric was invented then because i tried and you can't effectively tap on a classical guitar