Author Topic: I'm At The Desk All Day At Work  (Read 121 times)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'm At The Desk All Day At Work
« on: July 08, 2005, 09:10:28 AM »
From 8:30 to 5 today i'm working the desk because the person who normally does it can't come in. i've been here for almost 5 hours and i'm losing my mind, i've probably posted 30 times on here today. I couldn't do a desk job 9-5/40 a week, i need to be out doing shit to pass the time, anyone have a desk job, if so how do you get through the day?

peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Don Seer

Re: I'm At The Desk All Day At Work
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 09:17:35 AM »
^

i've been doin just that for 9 years and 2 days now.. !

to get through the day... i can listen to music.. i can post here.. lately i have remote control access to a PC at home.. so i can do anything.. IRC, use EMULE etc etc if need to. i can break for coffee/water when i want.. i can go chop it up with the guys in the other office (a bit).. i dont have to dress up for work..

depends upon the job.. as i write software i'm never doing the same thing day in day out.. shits always changing.. sometimes shit gets stressful.. but there are benefits too

ABN

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 10:00:56 AM »
i got a desk job aswell and i usually finish all of my assignments in less then an hour so i just kick back and listen to music or post on different sites the rest of the time. it feels a litle fucked up coz i get paid like 15$ an hour and i don´t work hard at all and then there´s peope out there who really bust their asses for a lot less then i´m gettin. the mofos who i work with are some slow mofos coz they actually work the entire shifts and sometimes they don´t even finish their assignments in 9 hours and i´ll finish the same assignments in 45 minutes 8) but desk works are boring as shit and i´m glad that i´m gonna do some real work in September.

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 10:10:17 AM »
I work for myself, so sometimes I'm at a desk, sometimes I'm in a shop, sometimes I'm out with customers.  And sometimes I'm doing fuck all (like right now) lol. 

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 10:21:42 AM »
i got a desk job aswell and i usually finish all of my assignments in less then an hour so i just kick back and listen to music or post on different sites the rest of the time. it feels a litle fucked up coz i get paid like 15$ an hour and i don´t work hard at all and then there´s peope out there who really bust their asses for a lot less then i´m gettin. the mofos who i work with are some slow mofos coz they actually work the entire shifts and sometimes they don´t even finish their assignments in 9 hours and i´ll finish the same assignments in 45 minutes 8) but desk works are boring as shit and i´m glad that i´m gonna do some real work in September.

i'm just answering phones every 15-20 minutes (business isn't busy), on msn talking and shit, and posting here, 3 and a half more hours to go...best believe i'm getting fucked up tonight after a day like this, peace.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 10:27:46 AM »
^

i've been doin just that for 9 years and 2 days now.. !

to get through the day... i can listen to music.. i can post here.. lately i have remote control access to a PC at home.. so i can do anything.. IRC, use EMULE etc etc if need to. i can break for coffee/water when i want.. i can go chop it up with the guys in the other office (a bit).. i dont have to dress up for work..

depends upon the job.. as i write software i'm never doing the same thing day in day out.. shits always changing.. sometimes shit gets stressful.. but there are benefits too

i can understand why you have so many posts now, peace.

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2005, 10:43:36 AM »

and how i got into this place :)

what do you do Adon?

Suga Foot

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2005, 10:57:04 AM »
what do you do Adon?

Product Development and Marketing. 

Right now I'm working on a 'dock box'.  It's basically a storage container that you put on a dock. 

Like this:

Mine are made of a different material, and are better looking and cheaper tho.  :D

PLANT

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 11:04:09 AM »
i used to have one at an insurance company and youre right, its real fn boring ....i would sit on messenger all day long and stay on the net looking at dumb shit all day

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 11:14:21 AM »
dubcc & myspace & aim....

Diabolical

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2005, 11:42:47 AM »
I dont even have a job and i spend all day here.