Author Topic: Going to L.A. in 2007...any tips on what I need to visit/where to go/etc...?  (Read 984 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Even though it's still 2 years to go, I thought I might as well start gathering some info on what places I need to visit in the Los Angeles area. It can be anything: big (good) music stores, clothing stores, nice avenues (Sunset Blvd), party spots, clubs, sports events, car shows, etc...anything.

Sikotic, Justin, SGV, E-Crazy, Da WCC Mack, R-Tistic, and the rest of you...I'm sure you can give me some suggestions on what I definitely need to hit up. (Justin's post about Santa Barbara (Isla Vista) for instance).

I'm only looking for spots in the LA area: Venice Beach, Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, etc...

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 03:02:25 AM by CRAFTY »

ecrazy

Theme Parks: Disneyland, Universal Studios, Knotts, Six Flags, Raging Waters (where i work)
Clubs & Venues: Check 2 weeks before you come to see whats poppin, i cant see into the future and know what clubs or venues are going to have what
Attractions: Sunset Strip, Amoeba Music, Santa Monica Beach is fun, so is venice. um, i dunno, depends on what exactly u want to see....um, Hollywood Blvd. - Jimmy Kimmel Live - Um, i dunno

wcsoldier

Even though it's still 2 years to go, I thought I might as well start gathering some info on what places I need to visit in the Los Angeles area. It can be anything: big (good) music stores, clothing stores, nice avenues (Sunset Blvd), party spots, clubs, sports events, car shows, etc...anything.

Sikotic, Justin, SGV, E-Crazy, Da WCC Mack, R-Tistic, and the rest of you...I'm sure you can give me some suggestions on what I definitely need to hit up. (Justin's post about Santa Barbara (Isla Vista) for instance).

I'm only looking for spots in the LA area: Venice Beach, Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, etc...

Thanks in advance!
I went to LA in 2001, I was in a hotel in Figuoera (or some shit like that) street in downtown. My advices : the Staples Center  ;D, all the museums related to the cinema at Hollywood (Universal Studio....), Long Beach (remember there is a race around April n the aquarium (don't know the word in English)  ;D. Hollywood is ok, nothing special to me , always the same annoying gift shops. I 'll give u some places later  8)

ecrazy

yea, the museums are cool places too

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
I see...thanks for the feedback so far.
I was wondering: are there any avenues where all the shops are? Or are the shops located at many different streets?
Also, what is there to be found in:

Hollywood Blvd.
Figueroa
Wilshire
etc...
^^^^Are those streets mainly business complexes?

Another thing, since my parents are coming along with me, they'd like to know where all the fancy clothing stores are: Armani, Versace, Hugo Boss, Lacoste, etc...'cause they'll be spending quite some time there I think.

And where is Lakewood mall located? In Los Angeles? Or is Lakewood a city too?
Are there any other good shopping malls?

wcsoldier

AT figueroa remember there is a sight seeing in which they speak lots of languages (including French) so they can help u a lot if you don't find a place. . On Hollywood Blvd there are some museums, Walk of Fame, lots of gift shops. Anyway I don't know how you wanna do to move but The Metro is a good mean : When I was there, only a few people used it n u u can go to Hollywood, Long Beach easily

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
u gotta hit up ROSCOE'S CHICKEN AND WAFFLES

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Very First Original Tommy's

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
.. like someone mentioned.. try to see the tv shows... when I was in LA with a few friends we were at the taping of the Jay Leno Show.. and although I never was a big fan of Leno it was really outstanding... and besides that... the usual tourist stuff like walk of fame and the hollywood sign and all that stuff.. besides that I donīt know.. donīt know any insider places... but try to see some sports games... I saw the Giants in San Francisco and it was 4+ hours of excitement (although the match itself sucked but just to experience the crowd was great) with 8$ a beer.. lol

wcsoldier

.. like someone mentioned.. try to see the tv shows... when I was in LA with a few friends we were at the taping of the Jay Leno Show.. and although I never was a big fan of Leno it was really outstanding... and besides that... the usual tourist stuff like walk of fame and the hollywood sign and all that stuff.. besides that I donīt know.. donīt know any insider places... but try to see some sports games... I saw the Giants in San Francisco and it was 4+ hours of excitement (although the match itself sucked but just to experience the crowd was great) with 8$ a beer.. lol
yep u can't miss sports games. I saw Lakers-Suns n Lakers- Wolves. I thought I was dreamin  8)

Suga Foot

treat it the same as everywhere else: once you get there, go to the store, grab some beer, and then let the good times roll.

mrtonguetwista

Wow...you asking WCC Mack aka Great Dane for suggestions? lol mess around and end up in the LA River. ;D  j/k

Eat at PINKS...best hotdogs on that side of the Mississippi

Hit one of the hi-class strip joints on Sunset Strip

Hit one of the skeezer strip joints in Newport Beach lol

Speaking of Newport...Tommy Hilfiger has a massive store there and Condom Mania :D

Fashion Island and the 3rd Street Promenade

Ride the roller coaster at the Santa Monica pier

CHeck out the La Brea tar pits

Don't go thinking Hollywood is all gold and glitter...Hollywood Blvd is grimmie...lots of hustlers

Get a car...goto Valencia and 6 Flags Over California

mrtonguetwista

If you appreciate the love of plants and foliage check out Nickerson Gardens...totally awesome ;D

SGV

Wow... 2 years from now. Some clubs may be closed, there may be new ones. It's too long away to call.

Just check out The Sunset Room and The Highlands (Which is where the Kodak Theatre is, across is where they film Jimmy Kimmel), both in Hollywood. Check out Universal City Walk, there's some good clubs there. Old Town Pasadena, too.

You gotta be 21 & Over for them and dress fairly nice. Except for The Saddle Ranch at City Walk.

Olvera St. would be coo to check if you're an out of towner.

Staples Center, if something is going on, is coo.

As far as Concerts and such, really it depends on when you're coming. Just start checking that like E said, around 2 weeks or so before you come.

Hit up Pinks, Tommy's, Roscoes Chicken N Waffles (Just so you can see why everyone talks about it. Btw, across the street, look for DJ Warrior and Strong's shop.)

Hit up:

Amoeba - 6400 Sunset Blvd, Hollywood (323) 245-6400  

Fat Beats - 1722 N Vermont Ave, Los Feliz/Los Angeles, CA (323)663-3717

And then just go out on your own. Find shit that way.

Acgrundy

definately check out that one parking lot...whats it called...oh yeah, the 405 freeway.  plenty of great times on that.