Author Topic: Going to L.A. in 2007...any tips on what I need to visit/where to go/etc...?  (Read 965 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
I see...yeah I already thought about going to SD first, then LA & then finally SF...I won't have to go back and forth constantly.
Acgrundy: I'll keep that in mind, thanks for telling me! (Where exactly is Catalina Island? And what's there to see/do? Pure for tourists?)

Wild_Elmo

LA to Frisco about 5 1/2 to 6 hour drive. LA to Diego about 1 1/2 to 2 hours tops.

Acgrundy

I see...yeah I already thought about going to SD first, then LA & then finally SF...I won't have to go back and forth constantly.
Acgrundy: I'll keep that in mind, thanks for telling me! (Where exactly is Catalina Island? And what's there to see/do? Pure for tourists?)

Its off the coast of southern california.  its about an hour boat ride from the long beach port to it.  Its not purely for tourists, there is people living there.  Anyways I went there for 3 days and I got certified scuba diving.  the water there is beautiful, and they even have this like scuba diving/snorkeling underwater park type thing, its real cool.  there is lots of cool hiking to do, and its just a cool experience to check out the place.  I dunno, I think its a much better thing to experience than most of the stuff listed.  I could really care less about shopping and shit, as you can do that anywhere, its not usually how I spend my vacation time.

Acgrundy

I hope you got a shitload of money to spend on this trip, cause just the hotels alone is gonna cost quite a bit of money for one month in cali.  then all the gas money and rental car.

what do you usually do for fun?  are you going with friends or family?

If you are planning on spending a month here, I'd definately tell you to take 3 days and go to las vegas, its not that far from LA, but there is a ton of fun to be had in vegas.

ecrazy

Its off the coast of southern california. its about an hour boat ride from the long beach port to it. Its not purely for tourists, there is people living there. Anyways I went there for 3 days and I got certified scuba diving. the water there is beautiful, and they even have this like scuba diving/snorkeling underwater park type thing, its real cool. there is lots of cool hiking to do, and its just a cool experience to check out the place. I dunno, I think its a much better thing to experience than most of the stuff listed. I could really care less about shopping and shit, as you can do that anywhere, its not usually how I spend my vacation time.
yea, it amazes me when people go to another country and they do not go to the countries food place, but instead to MC Donalds! OR KFC or whatever, why???!?!

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
^^^^Yeah I know what you mean, but the thing is...I plan on doing quite some shopping in Cali since I'm not able to get LOTS of albums/DVD's here (yeah, I buy off Amazon, but shipping costs are a mothafucker...). The same goes for clothes. From what I know it's a lot cheaper to buy certain brands there than it is here.

But I'll definitely look into Catalina Island, 'cause it does sound real nice! Thanks for the tip man.

Another thing, I've heard Pico Blvd. being mentioned several times in rap-songs...is it worth seeing too?

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
yea, it amazes me when people go to another country and they do not go to the countries food place, but instead to MC Donalds! OR KFC or whatever, why???!?!

I can give a fuck about McDonalds, lol, 'cause we got that here as well (in fact, which country DOESN'T have a McDonalds?!). I'll definitely hit up those places that you mentioned (Pinks, Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles, etc...) and of course some fancy restaurants too. I remember reading a XXL article where the Four Seasons Hotel in LA was mentioned, and they said that you can catch Hollywood stars & NBA players there on Sundays...anyone know if that's true?

ecrazy

Pico Blvd. Is full of mexicans and some buisnesses, nothing special, there are like 5 different pico blvds around and in LA

We Fly High

well 4 seasons is like a 5 star hotel and hella rich, so im s ure u could catch celebrities and athletes in there just about any day that you go.

haha aint much to see on pico.. gets kinda getz in some part.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Pico Blvd. Is full of mexicans and some buisnesses, nothing special, there are like 5 different pico blvds around and in LA

Oh really? Didn't know that. Isn't Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles situated on Pico? 'Cause I remember Ludacris saying in one of his verses "or hit up Roscoe's off Pico" or something like that...

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
well 4 seasons is like a 5 star hotel and hella rich, so im s ure u could catch celebrities and athletes in there just about any day that you go.

haha aint much to see on pico.. gets kinda getz in some part.

I think my parents will love to eat at the Four Seasons restaurant, since they enjoy being in fancy(expensive) places, lol.
What's "getz"?

Acgrundy

Sea World in Diego is a cool place to check out

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Sea World in Diego is a cool place to check out

Yeah, Sea World & the Zoo are the only 2 popular spots in Diego that I already heard of. I'll check those out.
Man, that'll be one hell of an expensive trip though! lol

We Fly High

getz = getto

if ur parents like eating at fancy restaurants like 4 sweason, they should just stay at 4 seasons, thats like one of the nicest hotels ever in the world.

ABN

i regret that i didn´t really "do" anything when i was in LA. and i went with my cousins from NY and they knows a bunch of people in LA so we just smoked and drinked for a month straight with their friends and i regret that a lot coz there´s a lot to see and do in LA except for gettin high and pissy drunk every day. but i did go to certain places that i´ve heard about in various songs(Crenshaw for example)and i didn´t see what was so special about it to be mentioned over and over again in songs. but i´ll definently do a whole lot of things when i goes to LA in September and i might go to Diego aswell if i get a week off from the job i´m gonna do when i´m over in the states.