Author Topic: Teachers say no-one should 'fail'  (Read 208 times)

Don Seer

Teachers say no-one should 'fail'
« on: July 20, 2005, 06:12:59 AM »

seems the PC brigade are out in force again...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4697461.stm

Suga Foot

Re: Teachers say no-one should 'fail'
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 10:08:26 AM »
I had some 'deferred success' back in High School

rafsta

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 12:06:21 PM »
well i think everyone should live a free life in peace...

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 12:16:44 PM »
I saw that on Newsround :D, It's stupid as fuck. If the children fail they should be told they failed not that they "deferred success". They will start thinking it's ok to fail and continue to do so and we will have a generation of idiots.

mauzip

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 12:25:21 PM »
They should start working with numbers. In Holland for example we get grades from 1-10 and I believe in Germany they get grades from 1-6.

rafsta

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 12:40:30 PM »
I saw that on Newsround :D, It's stupid as fuck. If the children fail they should be told they failed not that they "deferred success". They will start thinking it's ok to fail and continue to do so and we will have a generation of idiots.

we could enslave the idiots !!! then my life of peace and free living could come true !  :D

J Bananas

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 01:22:05 PM »
What are we afraid to hurt feelings? C'mon pussies "Failing" is part of the curriculum. If you dont do what you're supposed to do, you fail and you learn from it. We dont want a generation of idiots who cant handle bad news. ::)

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 01:35:08 PM »

we could enslave the idiots !!! then my life of peace and free living could come true !  :D

How would your life of peace and free living come true if you're gonna be enslaved? I mean if this is not idiot status then I don't know what is:

p.S: does Croatia still excist ? or is it Czeck Republic now ?

LMFAO... YOU FUCKING RETARD....
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 01:38:18 PM by Fuck You, Pay Me »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 02:40:23 PM »
I also think it's better to get grades like we do. From 1-6, and each number means something.
1: very good
2: good
3: satisfying
4: enough
5: inadequate
6: insufficient
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Diabolical

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 02:53:06 PM »
We have that too.
1- Credit
2- Credit
3- General
4- General
5- Foundation
6- Foundation
7- Fail

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 03:01:41 PM »
We have that too.
1- Credit
2- Credit
3- General
4- General
5- Foundation
6- Foundation
7- Fail

Well it's numbers, but it's hella different.. for example "fail" is like 'fuck off, you didn't make it loser' while "insufficient" is more like 'this time it's not enough, but if you put your ass into it, you can surely make it next time'
Also, fail does imply that you tried.. while most of the time when people get the worst possible grade, they didnt even try, but left the paper blank or somethin'.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 08:10:08 PM »
^ So fail implies that you tried, and didn't make it, but insufficient doesn't imply the same thing?

A= Excellent
B= Above Average
C= Average
D= Below Average
F= Fail

Makes sense to me.  Why would you do it any different way? I don't really think there's a better or worse way to do it, there's nothing to gain other than maybe standardizing it, which would be useless because what difference does it make?  Changing it specifically for the purpose of avoiding ridicule is crazy, if you get an F, you deserve ridicule.  It's my experience throughout my 18 or 19 years of education that the people that Fail, usually didn't try.  Even the most idiotic, unintelligent kids got at least a D or a C if they attempted to learn.  Teachers hate giving F's, you really have to piss them off to get one.

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 08:24:58 PM »
Well it's numbers, but it's hella different.. for example "fail" is like 'fuck off, you didn't make it loser' while "insufficient" is more like 'this time it's not enough, but if you put your ass into it, you can surely make it next time'
Also, fail does imply that you tried.. while most of the time when people get the worst possible grade, they didnt even try, but left the paper blank or somethin'.

It's numbers so it's different? LOL... ok so someone saying "you received no points" is different from "you received 0 points"? I mean it's 'numbers', so it has to be hella different as you say. LOL @ your interpretation of the words fail and insufficicent. Yes, fail does imply that you tried, and so does insufficient. When people get the worst possible grade, it doesn't necessarily have to mean that they left the paper blank because generally (from my experience) a Fail means a score that's 50% or below the total number of points possible.

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 08:26:10 PM »
Like Trauma said, it really makes no difference what you call it... the title doesn't change the result.

rafsta

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005, 03:07:08 AM »

How would your life of peace and free living come true if you're gonna be enslaved? I mean if this is not idiot status then I don't know what is:

p.S: does Croatia still excist ? or is it Czeck Republic now ?

LMFAO... YOU FUCKING RETARD....

funny !  :D