Author Topic: how will hip-hop be percieved in 20 years ?  (Read 457 times)

J Bananas

Re: how will hip-hop be percieved in 20 years ?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 11:28:05 PM »
The thing is Aerosmith, etc. get remembered not as blues musicians but rock musicians, everyone forgets about the blues. i dont wanna see that happen to hip hop.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2005, 07:27:10 PM »
The thing is Aerosmith, etc. get remembered not as blues musicians but rock musicians, everyone forgets about the blues. i dont wanna see that happen to hip hop.

Well thanks to G Unit, The Game, 50, etc, it already is happening. The true hip hop artists of the past and present are disgusted by the current state. And Blues became Rock way beefor eAeromsith got a hold of it. First it became Rhythm and Blues and then the name changed to Rock n Roll when the Country influences got involved. Then bands like the Beatles and other british acts reformed the RnB/Rock sound, while Zep and other took from more traditional Blues sounds. Guys like John Lee Hooker and Muddy Waters were long gone in the main steam by the time Zep came up, but they were also out of the picture way before that when Chuck Berry and Little Richard came up. Blues and Country were the pionners of Rock and Roll, since Rock and Roll, it's all Rock and Roll. Whether it's pop, hip hop, metal or Punk, it's still rock and roll. Ask Chuck D if you don't believe me.

Diabolical

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2005, 09:56:26 AM »
^yup

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2005, 12:58:21 PM »
hiphop will be in 20 years what disco is today

peace
ahha no man i dont think soo hip hop is growing so much year after year it wont die that fast

Compton Casanova

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2005, 03:36:39 PM »
If the image of hip-hop continues the way it is now, it will be dead. But you can't say that for sure. Back in the 80's people thought it was just a fad, nver a genre. So you'll just have to wait 20 years for such an answer. 8)

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2005, 03:55:47 PM »
music of the past

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2005, 04:17:29 PM »
More importantly, what will our kids be listening to? The mainstream buyers back in the late 80s and early 90s were kids looking to rebel against their parents. It's a scary thought because rap can be one of the most degrading and violent artforms at times.

But it's really hard to tell what hip hop will be like in 20 years or how it the music released now will be precieved then. Just ask the people that remeber 25 years ago when hip hop first started. They'll tell you the artform lost it's way and became watered down mush. And you can tell already that the substance is leaving hip hop more and more. But what really makes a genre is the politics surrounding it. In the 50s, WWII ended and music turned lighter because it was happy times. In the 60s and 70s, Vietnam created a whole new type of music about "expanding ones mind". In the 80s, you had metal, hair, and grunge rockers that wanted to rebel against the system that Regan built. Same with the early 90s. Now, because of the stock market boom (and decline), we are kind of stuck in a segue of materalistic values and other such meaningless things. But it's really hard to say. As long as there is still respect for the music, like I respect all the music that came before my era, that's all that really matters. And there are tons of us that share the knowledge on these forums, so I doubt the spirit will ever die out in my lifetime.

realz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2005, 05:24:12 PM »
da next generation of music will be electronic n techno.....bottom line
DJ Rokz
www.myspace.com/djrokz

GET AT ME!!!!
rokz111 on aim

Diabolical

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2005, 05:33:22 PM »
Techno has had its day.

Acgrundy

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2005, 12:02:19 AM »
hip hops dead to me, and just gets worse and worse each year.  20 years it won't be around.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2005, 02:10:24 AM »
i noticed gay people were rappin in north hollywood...hahah.....
maybe hip -hop will be "gay." haha
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2005, 02:38:07 PM »
'Well,it's hiphop,Jim,but not as we know it...'

Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2005, 01:20:30 PM »
Hip Hop is already dead.
Make place for the new Hip Pop.

This is shit, the real rap can't gat regocnition no mo.  Everybody wanna hear easy lyrics on easy beats.  If you gotta think when your listening to music then it's not good, you gotta make people dance and learn the lyrics in 10 min to make a hit nowadays.  I think the real artists who put work in their lyrics and in their production are very agry right now. 

All of this started we Master P and the Cash Money (who were not that bad), and then you got Lil Jon and G-Unit (who are not great for hip hop).  They made hip hop look so simple to do, taht now everybody think he can rap or produce.

In 20 years, the real rappers will be young poets and the Hip Popers will be musicians.
The Canadian Polish

Trauma-san

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2005, 08:17:41 PM »
I agree with what Shallow said about it being in actuality just another form of Rock & Roll.  Rock & Roll dies whenever it stops being youthful, energetic, rebellious, exciting, etc. and Hip Hop has stopped being all of that.  I don't like new rock, and I don't like new Hip Hop.  Of course there's exceptions, but the talent and creativity that launched Rock & Roll (Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Elvis Pressley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bill Haley, etc.) is the same creativity that launched Hip Hop.  Just like 10 years after it's inception, Rock was still doing creative and original things (Elvis, The Beatles, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Brian Wilson, etc.), 10 years after Hip Hop's inception, it was still doing creative things, too (Dr. Dre, Snoop, Deathrow, even Puffy's shit was better than what's out now).  I think ultimately hip hop will die a painful death, not only because the creativity is gone, but because more than any other musical genre, it's been exceedingly negative, and many times doesn't focus on the positive side of life, which is what people deep down relate to.  Even people in the hood dream about leaving the hood, they don't dream about dying in the streets. 

As for the hiphop fashion, yeah, I think they look like fucking clowns.  I laugh my ass off when I see some guy walk by with his pants around his knees and his boxers showing, or some big ass t-shirt that's twice too long on.  Looks rediculous, and yeah it gives hiphop a bad name. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2005, 08:26:34 PM »

As for the hiphop fashion, yeah, I think they look like fucking clowns.  I laugh my ass off when I see some guy walk by with his pants around his knees and his boxers showing, or some big ass t-shirt that's twice too long on.  Looks rediculous, and yeah it gives hiphop a bad name. 

You know how we look back at the 70s and laugh at the hair, the polysester suits, the bell bottoms etc.? That exactly how are kids are going to laugh when they look back at the late 90s and now and see pictures and videos of all these dumb kids dressed exactly as you described.