Author Topic: crazy shit about No Limit concerning thier sales  (Read 1904 times)

Citizen-Y

Re: crazy shit about No Limit concerning thier sales
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2005, 02:53:07 PM »
I admire Master P for making millions of dollars on No Limit.  Awesome job for him.  This is especially crazy considering that the majority of the music was striaght garbage.  I've never understood the appeal of No Limit music, and I could never stomach an entire album by any artist on there, besides Snoop of course.

It was raw street shit.  We had Ghetto D on fucking repeat constantly, bourbons and lacs was a bad ass song to get high to.
yea Ghetto D,Ice Cream Man,Shell Shocked,Thereīs One In Every Family,Life or Death,Ghetto Fabulous,WW 3 etc were all filled with raw street shit that would get the clubs and parties jumping like crazy.

Da Last Don was his finest work.  Summer of 98 i'll never forget you.  Damn, that was probably the best time of my life.

SGV

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2005, 04:15:33 PM »
They spent very little on their albums, too. It was almost all In-House.

P = Greatest business man in Hip Hop History.

UWA 187

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2005, 06:31:54 PM »
damn i was flipping through an old XXL from 99 and i saw something thatīs pretty crazy. i saw that No Limit had dropped close to 20 albums in 1 year that all went atleast gold(8 of them went platinum or better). now thatīs some of craziest shit iīve seen as far as sales is concerned for any company, and P had one of those deals Death Row almost landed with Sony that meant that he spent all of the money on the projects but it also means that he made 87% of the money. now i know why P calls himself the best hustler in the game coz thatīs crazy. No Limit=the biggest dynasty that hip hop has ever witnessed. No Limit=hardest fall off of a hip hop dynasty aswell.

to peeps comparing No Limit to Shady/Aftermath think about this. Interscope basically makes ALL OF THE MONEY of their sales so they put up a whole lot of money behind the projects they release. P was makin like i said over 80% of the money therefore Priority didnīt put up any money behind him. had they done that P wouldīve outsold Interscope as a whole. Dre,Em and 50 were all rich as shit when they started their record companies so they had money to play with, P started No Limit with 10k and made it into various things that at one point were valued at almost 1 billion dollars.

They spent very little on their albums, too. It was almost all In-House.

P = Greatest business man in Hip Hop History.

Would you guys mind going into more detail plz? I'm interested as fuck in this type of stuff. :D

ABN

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2005, 06:48:55 PM »
well P had one of those deals(iīve forgot what they are called)which basically kept No Limit an independet company as far as money making is concerned and all Priority did was press up the albums pretty much. most of the marketing and whatnot was done by Pīs personal marketing company. and he signed Beats By The Pound and Deadly Soundz as in-house producers meaning that he paid them to do a certain amount of songs for him and he signed them up for a whole bunch of songs and paid them for all of the tracks when he signed them. thus he made it impossible for them to demand more and more per beat once No Limit blew up so they produced all of NLīs early albums(on Pirority but they weren not No Limitīs fiirst albums) from front to back and P had already paid them so he made all of them money. and what made it possible for P to land a deal like that is that he had an album go gold 100% independently(the first TRU album with his brothers on it)and he sold hundreds of thousands of records indie therefor the major labels had to offer him an incredible deal and they hardly had to fund him coz he had all of the stones in place already.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 06:57:14 PM by Pissin' On The Throne »

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2005, 07:46:50 PM »
Master P was the shit back then...he knew what needed to be done..and he did it
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
crazy shit about No Limit concerning thier sales
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2005, 08:57:23 PM »
he fucked up when he shit on beats by the pound a.k.a the medicine men

whatever happened to them?
they produced some excellent beats in their time

i was always a fan of Mo B Dick aswell.
Gangsta Harmony- great album!
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
crazy shit about No Limit concerning thier sales
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2005, 09:09:51 PM »
This is what C-Murder said recently about the fall of No Limit and its association with Beats by the Pound

"I think the biggest mistake was when we let our production team, Beats By The Pound, go and leave. Talk about crucial. Man, Beats By The Pound was what kept the camp together. That music was what turned No Limit into a household name. Yeah, as rappers we all had something to do with the album and our appeal, but the music changed Hip Hop. BBTP was the sound of No Limit and we let them get away over some business and then the whole thing crumbled."

There u go. You cant let your in-house production team, which literally made No Limit into the dynasty it became, up and go.
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

UWA 187

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2005, 01:29:07 AM »
well P had one of those deals(iīve forgot what they are called)which basically kept No Limit an independet company as far as money making is concerned and all Priority did was press up the albums pretty much. most of the marketing and whatnot was done by Pīs personal marketing company. and he signed Beats By The Pound and Deadly Soundz as in-house producers meaning that he paid them to do a certain amount of songs for him and he signed them up for a whole bunch of songs and paid them for all of the tracks when he signed them. thus he made it impossible for them to demand more and more per beat once No Limit blew up so they produced all of NLīs early albums(on Pirority but they weren not No Limitīs fiirst albums) from front to back and P had already paid them so he made all of them money. and what made it possible for P to land a deal like that is that he had an album go gold 100% independently(the first TRU album with his brothers on it)and he sold hundreds of thousands of records indie therefor the major labels had to offer him an incredible deal and they hardly had to fund him coz he had all of the stones in place already.

Cheers.

One more thing though, could you elaborate a bit more on this:

P started No Limit with 10k and made it into various things that at one point were valued at almost 1 billion dollars.

What did he spend the 10k on? etc?

Citizen-Y

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2005, 03:17:40 AM »

Cheers.

P started No Limit with 10k and made it into various things that at one point were valued at almost 1 billion dollars.

Pac's notepad.  :)

Probably spent it on studio time and marketing.  Shit ain't free.

rafsta

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2005, 03:49:53 AM »

Cheers.

10k wont get you all that much studio time...

ABN

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2005, 04:33:19 AM »
^he started No Limit Records(a record store)with the 10k and made him some money and then he turned it into a label.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2005, 05:50:53 AM »

Cheers.

10k wont get you all that much studio time...

To create Mamas Bad Boy it was probably enough DOT DOT DOT

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2005, 07:49:47 AM »
i dunno how much of the 15 dollers master p made on each copy sold
but deathrow used to get 5$ off the 15.. so they make 5 million for each platinum plaque
am pretty sure dre got atleast the same deal or maybe a lil better
so when eminem sells 8 mills
aftermath makes 40 mill
em prolly makes 1$ per copy
u got promo money cut off
so net profit is atleast 20 mill for dre
am pretty sure though P made much more than that cause its a print and distribute deal
and he prolly fucks his artists over too

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

ABN

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2005, 09:41:58 AM »
i dunno how much of the 15 dollers master p made on each copy sold
but deathrow used to get 5$ off the 15.. so they make 5 million for each platinum plaque
am pretty sure dre got atleast the same deal or maybe a lil better
so when eminem sells 8 mills
aftermath makes 40 mill
em prolly makes 1$ per copy
u got promo money cut off
so net profit is atleast 20 mill for dre
am pretty sure though P made much more than that cause its a print and distribute deal
and he prolly fucks his artists over too

thereīs no actual proof that DR got five dollars a pop it was only Suge who said "instead of a dollar we want 5". and Interscope owns 50% of Aftermath so Dre aint makin no 5$ a pop. and according to the people who negotiated Death Rowīs deal they took a slave deal and if you a have a slave deal thereīs no way in hell you gonna make 50% of the 10$ that the record company makes of each album. and thereīs no such thing as fucking your artists over coz itīs a business and for a business to be successful for your own good youīll need to do whatever to make you the most money. itīs the artists fault that they didnīt read the contracts they signed.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2005, 01:18:48 PM »
Master P comes from New Orleans and attended the University of Houston on a basketball scholarship. However, he soon dropped out of college and moved to Richmond, taking business class at Merritt Junior College. Using his grandfather's inheritance, Master P formed No Limit as a record store, then turned it into a label.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_P

the fool is on wikipedia lol

so anyone know whats he worth?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 01:26:38 PM by eS El Duque »
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008