Author Topic: The BBC is so ridiculously left wing...........  (Read 810 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The BBC is so ridiculously left wing...........
« on: July 11, 2005, 04:30:59 PM »
....that in their continuing coverage of the terror in London,  they refuse to refer to the attackers as "terrorists". Instead, in both their TV and Internet coverage, they are only calling them "bombers". If you look anywhere on their website, they never use the word "terrorist" in their hard news (not commentary).

How fucking sad is it that one of the largest media sources in the world refuses to acknowledge the presence of terrorism? How can we defeat terrorism when we won't even call it what it is? This is more more politically correct, left wing mumbo jumbo.

Al-Jazeera is doing the exact same thing. They also refer to the people who behead innocent civilains and set off bombs in markets in Iraq as "fighters" and the "resistance".
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 04:34:11 PM by CWalker187 »

Sikotic™

Re: The BBC is so ridiculously left wing...........
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 04:38:11 PM »
and I guess you're neutral?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 08:33:55 PM »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jome

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 09:08:20 PM »
In terms of being neutral:

BBC >> Sky News >>>>> CNN >>>>>>>>>>> Fox News

J Bananas

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 10:22:49 PM »
Andy Milonakis Show>>>>>Fox News

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 12:05:44 AM »
CWalker is right about one thing, they should call a terrorist a terrorist, the only problem is, he doesn't understand who the real terrorists are.

A real terrorist can sit behind his office computer and starve a whole nation economically through sanctions, embargo's and trade policies, a real terrorist owns land in foriegn countries and formulates a consitution for that country that allows his businesses to usurp the wealth of the people indefinitely, a real terrorist can manipulate the masses of people all over the world because he owns all the major media outlets, must I continue?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 12:07:34 AM »
Well, it doesn't really matter, everyone knows it was terrorist attacks, they used that letter the terrorist group posted on the site in like every coverage they had of the story so I think people know.

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 12:09:50 AM »
CWalker is right about one thing, they should call a terrorist a terrorist, the only problem is, he doesn't understand who the real terrorists are.

A real terrorist can sit behind his office computer and starve a whole nation economically through sanctions, embargo's and trade policies, a real terrorist owns land in foriegn countries and formulates a consitution for that country that allows his businesses to usurp the wealth of the people indefinitely, a real terrorist can manipulate the masses of people all over the world because he owns all the major media outlets, must I continue?

lmfao..

go look up the REAL definition in a dictionary.

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 12:12:45 AM »

and LMAO at cwalker.... so bombers aren't terrorist's? riiiiiiiiight... lmao

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 04:02:47 AM »
c3walker your a retard they have been refered to as terrorists on the bbc like said bomber is just another name. bbc are about the most independent and unbiased news outlet in the world even though its financed by the tax payers of britain so suck my schlong

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 11:16:46 AM »

lmfao..

go look up the REAL definition in a dictionary.

lol @ you totally missing the point

lol @you arguing definitions

what the American govt does is terrorism on a higher scale than "al qaeda" could ever imagine.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 11:33:14 AM »
man, thats nuthin compared to the situation over here. White people who aren't muslims are backin up for them. Saying they are ok. And the terrorist are just some fools, and that not all muslims are like that. While we all know better. I CANT STAND THOSE FUCKIN WANKERS

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 02:11:13 PM »
man, thats nuthin compared to the situation over here. White people who aren't muslims are backin up for them. Saying they are ok. And the terrorist are just some fools, and that not all muslims are like that. While we all know better. I CANT STAND THOSE FUCKIN WANKERS

Sounds like you're the wanker.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 02:37:12 PM »
So is this what is considered independent and unbiased media in Europe? The BBC says that they don't use the term terrorist because they don't want to make "value judgements" . They said calling the bombers terrorists could make it difficult to "fully understand" them.

You know you are left wing when you refuse to make a judgement about someone who uses explosive devices to blow up as many innocent civilains as possible. Stuff like this is why Americans laugh at the BBC. I love the British people.......I just hate their  media.

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/07/12/nbbc12.xml

BBC edits out the word terrorist
By Tom Leonard
(Filed: 12/07/2005)

The BBC has re-edited some of its coverage of the London Underground and bus bombings to avoid labelling the perpetrators as "terrorists", it was disclosed yesterday.

Early reporting of the attacks on the BBC's website spoke of terrorists but the same coverage was changed to describe the attackers simply as "bombers".

The BBC's guidelines state that its credibility is undermined by the "careless use of words which carry emotional or value judgments".

Consequently, "the word 'terrorist' itself can be a barrier rather than an aid to understanding" and its use should be "avoided", the guidelines say.

Rod Liddle, a former editor of the Today programme, has accused the BBC of "institutionalised political correctness" in its coverage of British Muslims.

A BBC spokesman said last night: "The word terrorist is not banned from the BBC."

« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 02:41:05 PM by CWalker187 »

Don Seer

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005, 02:40:18 PM »

shame ya'll can see channel 4... they dont fuck around..

http://www.channel4.com/news/