Author Topic: Who likes Morcheeba? And has anybody ever been to a concert?  (Read 73 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Me, I like the band alot. They´ve done a lot of different and original shit since they came out with "Who Can You Trust?", merging trip-hop with other genres and creating a very nice mix.

However, there´s this concert quite soon, but it costs 85 CHF, which is about 65 Dollars, so it´s not exactly cheap. Has anybody ever been to a concert of theirs? And if so, how are they live?

We Fly High

Re: Who likes Morcheeba? And has anybody ever been to a concert?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 05:32:32 PM »
i only heard one song by morcheeba, and it was dope as hell, but it was the one featuring slick rick - women lose weight. EXCELLENT TRACK. i aint heard nuttin else from morcheeba, so i cant be a proper judge.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 06:16:29 PM »
^^^ Me too, the only way I even know of them is because of that song.  I love that song, Slick Rick still has it.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 11:07:46 AM »
Morcheeba are real dope, but they just replaced their previous lead singer than they'd had for ages with some new women, who I don't feel as much. Therefore I dunno how she is gonna sound live singing all of the their old tracks. They are well known as having a dope live show though, so it might still be worth checking out.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 11:29:25 AM »
^^ yeah, I thought I´d heard that too, about them being dope live...it´s just a whole lotta money, but i like em alot. well, i´ll see

"Women Lose Weight" is a funny track, but they´ve put out shit that is more interesting and musically better. If you think you´d like the track with the rapping replaced by trip-hop singing then you should check out some more morcheeba stuff. Oh yeah, they also did a track with Pacewon

thanks for the replies

ecrazy

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 12:23:01 PM »
Morcheeba is off the chain live (so i heard) ....they played a free show for earth day A LONG ASS TIME ago, my sister went, i wanted to go, but i was like 12 and my parents were penises about it, and she came back and flawnted it in my face that she saw them & Zebrahead and a bunch of other bands and groups, damn, those were the ARE-OH-VEE Days!

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 12:24:39 PM »
Yeah, they have some dope stuff. My music collection is limited with them though. What I have heard was good.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 08:05:55 PM »
ive heard one with Kweli it is sick. 
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"