Author Topic: Cypress Hill - Black Sunday  (Read 784 times)

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Cypress Hill - Black Sunday
« on: June 27, 2004, 12:02:06 PM »
This was requested a while ago, I said I'd do a review, well now I'll post it lol...

Cypress Hill - Black Sunday
Ruff House Records, Columbia

I wanna get High - ..something to sit back and relax too, good beat I guess, but no need for the kind of screeching in the background.. 4/5

I ain't goin' out like that - Good beat, pretty good vocals by the group, don't know much what else to say..4.5/5

Insane in the Membrane - Classic song right here, my 2nd favorite off the cd,
To the one on the
flamboyant tip, just toss that ham
In the fryin' pan
Like spam
Feel done when I come in slam
Damn
I feel like the son of sam

Like Louie Armstrong
Played the trumpet
I'll hit dat bong and break ya off something soon
I got to get my props
Cops
Come and try to snatch my crops
These pigs wanna blow my house down
Head underground
To the next town

great beat, and all good verses 5/5

When the Shit Goes down - here's another one of my favorite songs off the album, good beat, and again.. good vocals.. 4.25/5

Lick a Shot - This is another classic song, possibly the best song off the album, a bit short, but none the less, the vocals and beats make up for it.. 5/5

Cock the Hammer - Song is dope, I like it lol, you'll probably like it too.. 4.25/5

Interlude - just a little pause, perhaps to roll another....

3 Lil' Putos - This is another song I dont listen to much with this album... its nothing bad though, 3.75/5

Legalize It - Just a bit of speech about the hemp/marijuana plant(s), protesting to legalize it.

Hits From The Bong - this song is classic..., This is my favorite track from the cd, and possibly my favorite Cypress Hill song ever.It has  Really good toking beat and the best vocals 8)
Pick it, Pack it
Fire It Up, come alonnng
Take a Hit from the bonnnng
put the blunt down just for a second
dont get me wrong its not a new method
inhalllllle... exhalllle
just got an oz in the mail

5/5

What go around comes around, kid - This is probably my least favorite song

A to the K - This song can become boring, but its nothing bad... 4.25/5

Hand on the Glock - Again, something I dont listen to often enough.. 3.5/5

Break em off some - Crazy song, very good beat...and the vocals speak for themselves.. again. Just a bit short, but doesn't really matter.. 5/5

Overall..(As you can see, I guess I can't review worth shit but none the less......) I think this is Cypress' best album, if not best, then 2nd best, it shows them at their peak, maybe not as good beats as Toom of Boom, but very good none the less by DJ Muggs. The album is great to smoke with, seeing as how it focuses alot on the legalization and transportation of pot. I listen to it often enough and never seem to get tired of it. 5/5 This is a must for any of you fellow potheads.

DAYUM

Re: Cypress Hill - Black Sunday
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 03:50:11 PM »
i swear my grandpa gots this but in a tape i just never listened to it

The Predator

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 08:32:18 AM »
This was a big album for cypress. Muggs didnt opt for the G-Funk sound which swarmed the West. Instead he put out his own unique dark soul assassin sound. This album was on play in nearly every smokers system. Sounded like B-Real was still inhaling funny gas, Sen Dog was still the echo man and Muggs laying down the smoky n dark atmosphere. A very strong follow up to thier Hardcore 'latin lingo style' classic.

Lick a Shot - This is another classic song, possibly the best song off the album, a bit short, but none the less, the vocals and beats make up for it.. 5/5

I liked the hardcore uptempo remix to this just as much the original. 8)

Diabolical

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 03:46:52 PM »
Definatly a WC classic

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 07:58:15 AM »
never really felt like that...sure it's good but i never got into it beyond the point of just thinkin it's good the way tons of albums are good

prince

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 07:39:07 PM »
thanks for the dope review

soopa-man

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 02:04:29 PM »
dope album...Muggs said in an interview Ice Cube's tracks "Check Yo Self"(album version),"We Had To Tear This **** Up","Now I Gotta Wet'cha" Were Suppoed To Be For This Album, And Ice Cube Originally Had The Beat For "Hand On The Glock" but it was called "Who's THe MAn?" ( all tracks featured on Ice Cube's damn near classic "The Predator" album, buy it!!)..interesting shyt huh?

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 08:55:10 PM »

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2005, 04:35:16 PM »
Sen Dog sounded like he was constipated the whole album. They kind a little too silly with those grunting hooks. Still it was a fun and entertaining album, it got a lot of play in the tape deck back in '94. I know I have it lying around somewhere on tape.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

salvador

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 08:36:49 AM »

Paul

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005, 08:07:46 PM »
wc classic
cock the hammer imo best song on the album closely followed by i aint goin out like that
funkyfreshintheflesh