Author Topic: Are we all destined for greatness?  (Read 394 times)

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

Are we all destined for greatness?
« on: July 11, 2005, 09:47:02 PM »
I wanna know what your feelings on this subject are. Are we meant to achieve great things and be the best people we can be or are some people just meant to succeed.  Donald Trump, Bill Gates, Dexter Yager, you and I all have 24 hours in a day, so how can some people achieve more.  I believe it all starts with a dream.  something that burns so deep in everybody, but some people just have more desire to go and get it.  you can't wait for things to happen, you have to make things happen.  what are your thoughts?

Suga Foot

Re: Are we all destined for greatness?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 09:53:51 PM »
If you don't grind, you don't shine. 

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 10:01:09 PM »
were not all destined for greatness.  i am, but people like acgrundy, and realz, are destined to work for people of greatness.  i will become great, but the little people like them will help me along the way.

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 10:18:43 PM »
^^^^^
word, I too am in the process of making securing my greatness, even though I know I wont ever appreciate it all.

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 10:22:29 PM »
were not all destined for greatness.  i am, but people like acgrundy, and realz, are destined to work for people of greatness.  i will become great, but the little people like them will help me along the way.

as much as you may dislike Grundy, he's one bad ass hustla.

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 10:36:20 PM »
I give the responsibility directly to the individual, I think Donald Trump was born a normal boy and through hard work (by him and his parents and people he came into contact with) became Great.  I think anybody can be great. 

ecrazy

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 11:23:35 PM »
^^Yup, it just takes hard work and determination, or if u have a dream, the balls to go out and try to do it, at least do that, which reminds me of a good song

Pigeon John - Deception
[Intro]
Shake it off. Lord, I won't do this song
This is a fight with myself
I wanna gain much wealth
I wanna live by myself
But I'm surrounded by..
I'll keep that to myself
I'm so stupid

[Verse]
Well hello my little friends and look at them run
I'm still at home with no ends and look at them run
Hopping in a tricked out Benz and look at them run
While I'm clocking in as a temp look at them run
It is too late now to affect the whole world, or is it just dated now?
They could care less who invaded now
Really am I silly with the dreams of the milli'?
Top billing with a big fat record deal-ly
First I buy a house way up on the hill-ly
Then I get a girly dressed like Mr. Furley
Met her in Nashville or was it Philly?
Her hair so curly and look at me burly
But my dream deferred, I felt the same words that Langston heard
I watched them pass and it seemed absurd
A decade of dreaming
And it seeming that they just run away with my verbs
And its..

[CHORUS]
Deception. Look at them dancing in the field goal
Deception. I look at me and I'm getting old
Deception. How many records have I really sold?
Deception. Whoops I did it again boy. (2X)

[Verse]
Ten years ago I woke up with a dream in my hand
Ran for a couple of yards, but tripped and fell to my hands
And then got up because the Lord Almighty told me He can
Ran for a couple of more, and tripped and fumbled again
And people asking what you getting up for go get a job
but I gotta carry out this dream or my life I rob
And when I'm gonna work for 45 years up in the mall
And when I'm old and gray wondering where's my calling?
And I'd rather die now than never wonder how
Never ever try now
Coulda' woulda' shoulda' will be
All I sigh how Can I live a mediocre
Life and not ever ask you why
Are we hear specifically not mundane
But a gifted people
We must shine and it must be equal
Live your life cause there is no sequel
Oh it's a reception

[CHORUS]

[Bridge]
Hey, Hey, wait I'm called to do something
I don't know exactly what it is but I'm hunting
Getting lost in this record biz and I'm fumbling
Oops I did it again boy
(REPEAT)

[CHORUS] (2x)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 11:57:57 PM »
First things first, Allah is the first, the last, the eternal absolute, and nothing is greater than Allah, nothing is higher than Allah, and nothing is more worthy of worship and praise than Allah.

Second of all greatness is not based on how much money you make.  But greatness is based upon the criteria that Allah has revealed to his Prophets and Messengers since the beggining of mankind, to worship Allah and do righteous good deeds.  Greatness is achieved not in money or material wealth, because if Allah wills it he can make a man derive the full benefit out of a minimum wage salary or he can cause the billionaire to use every dollar as a means to his own destruction.

What made the Prophets great was that they had the full realization of who really was the greatest in all actuality and that is Allah.  It was their submission, their slavery, and their obedience to Allah, that made the Prophets the greatest men to walk the face of the Earth.  And the truly great people of today are the ones who realize in actuality they are not great, but it is only in their ability to do good deeds, and their mindfullness of the greatness of Allah that they can achieve greatness, when you become a friend of Allah then Allah, the one who created greatness, can give of that greatness which only he created because he is the Lord of All the Worlds and All conditions and All the systems of knowledge.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 12:08:25 AM »
First things first, Allah is the first, the last, the eternal absolute, and nothing is greater than Allah, nothing is higher than Allah, and nothing is more worthy of worship and praise than Allah.

Second of all greatness is not based on how much money you make.  But greatness is based upon the criteria that Allah has revealed to his Prophets and Messengers since the beggining of mankind, to worship Allah and do righteous good deeds.  Greatness is achieved not in money or material wealth, because if Allah wills it he can make a man derive the full benefit out of a minimum wage salary or he can cause the billionaire to use every dollar as a means to his own destruction.

What made the Prophets great was that they had the full realization of who really was the greatest in all actuality and that is Allah.  It was their submission, their slavery, and their obedience to Allah, that made the Prophets the greatest men to walk the face of the Earth.  And the truly great people of today are the ones who realize in actuality they are not great, but it is only in their ability to do good deeds, and their mindfullness of the greatness of Allah that they can achieve greatness, when you become a friend of Allah then Allah, the one who created greatness, can give of that greatness which only he created because he is the Lord of All the Worlds and All conditions and All the systems of knowledge.
[/s]

anyway...what are everyone elses thoughts (not including god)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 04:05:53 AM »
if you read the news were all destined for doom and gloom

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 04:13:29 AM »
two words..

"manifest destiny" 

UAK

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 04:49:57 AM »
Bill Clinton a person that came from nothing.

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 11:42:42 PM »
it seems to me that the people who rely on old crumbling institutions like going to school and getting a good job doesnt work anymore.  lots of successful people learned everything in the school of hard knocks, not a university.

Thirteen

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 11:52:06 PM »
Paris Hilton

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2005, 01:44:53 AM »
The possibilities are endless for everyone. Some people are placed in better situations of course, but we can all succeed if we work our asses off and if we got a little luck.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE