Author Topic: Are we all destined for greatness?  (Read 390 times)

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

Re: Are we all destined for greatness?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 02:09:13 AM »
it doesnt matter where you come from all that matters is where you are goin, just because you grow up in the ghetto doesnt mean you cant be a positive, successful role model.  ask any successful person they make their own luck.  i think people just wanna blame their laziness on their situation or where they came from.  if people really want to change then they can.  its just a decision away

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 02:22:00 AM »
I dunno man. A kid in Africa living in some slum where he may not even receive an education or kno whow to read/write may not have much of a decision when he needs to pitch in to keep his family fed and clothed. I see what your saying, but for some people, the have a stacked deck to the fullest.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

rafsta

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 03:44:38 AM »
ofcourse you can get lucky and make it big... but waiting around for something to happen wont necessarily get you there...

most rappers made it big for no reason, but if you want to make it big in the REAL world, then you have to work hard for it.

Diabolical

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 07:20:12 AM »
Only people who are willing to get up and do something will make it, and once they make it they can never become lazy or they will find themselves slipping.

To put it in a rap context, Jay Z didnt give up until he got what he wanted and now he is a millionaire. Then there is the guys who get lucky, who never make it far past one album because they think they will just keep rolling the money in no matter what.

'EclipZe

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 09:40:47 AM »
Paris Hilton

that bitch got it on the easy way, lucky fuck.

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2005, 04:38:11 PM »
I dunno man. A kid in Africa living in some slum where he may not even receive an education or kno whow to read/write may not have much of a decision when he needs to pitch in to keep his family fed and clothed. I see what your saying, but for some people, the have a stacked deck to the fullest.

i agree with that man but anybody not living in a 3rd world country has the same chance as all the rich people to make it.

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2005, 09:00:45 PM »
if you read the news were all destined for doom and gloom

Yeah, lol on the news tonight, they started with this tagline "A local town turns off the light of God"

I mean, could you TRY and make a more negative tagline than that? 

Hey, I got an idea, lets do Trauma's usual 'Go jack the headlines from CNN.com and see if there's any GOOD news" day.

Haven't done this in a while, but just to prove the point.

Top story is about the bombings in London - NEGATIVE
"Emily arrives in Winward Islands - story about a hurricane - NEGATIVE
"Beware Hurricane Cars" - story about how people sell cars that have been flooded - NEGATIVE
"NASA scrubs launch" - story about how the shuttle fell apart - NEGATIVE
"Ebbers gets long sentence" - story about some rich guy fucking over poor people - NEGATIVE
"Bush: No comment on Rove" - this one strangely has been on there for 4 days.  story about Carl Rove leaking classified info and ruining some woman's career - NEGATIVE
"Chief Justice Rehnquist hospitalized" - story about supreme court justice who's apparently dying - NEGATIVE
"Poll shows support for new female justice" - POSITIVE! YAY!
"Mostly Children killed in Iraq bombing" - NEGATIVE (and then, hilariously, next to it, "GALLERY")
"Brad Pitt treated for Menangitis" - Story about Pitt being sick.  - NEGATIVE

There ya have it folks, 90% of the world is falling apart. 

Compton Casanova

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2005, 01:49:20 PM »
The people with a dream, faith in Allah (or any other god/gods you belive in) and the right directions in life will most-certainly be destined for greatness. But the you have the people with the "middle class state of mind", who's life goal is to work two-three jobs, by the knew hummer, get a house and follow a daily rutine for the rest of their llife. There is nothing wrong with that if that is your goal, but it is these people who are always counting the small things such as wealth, or simple materials you do, or do not possess.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2005, 03:43:20 PM »
Short answer without getting deep: No.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Elevz

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2005, 03:46:43 PM »
The people with a dream, faith in Allah (or any other god/gods you belive in) and the right directions in life will most-certainly be destined for greatness. But the you have the people with the "middle class state of mind", who's life goal is to work two-three jobs, by the knew hummer, get a house and follow a daily rutine for the rest of their llife. There is nothing wrong with that if that is your goal, but it is these people who are always counting the small things such as wealth, or simple materials you do, or do not possess.

Real talk. I guess 50 Cent described it right with "get rich or die trying".

Fuck no, I didn't just bring 50 into this thread.  :monkey_piss:

But on the real, I don't really believe in a stated destiny, but I do think anyone who REALLY wants to archieve something, should be able to get it. Of course unless you're talking about running the olympic 100m in 9 seconds, when you only have one leg. Not gonna happen. Other than that, you should pretty much be able to do anything you really put your mind to.

So what are you waiting for! Get moving, people!

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2005, 01:22:23 AM »
I believe everyone is destined to be something..for example...one man was destined to be a bum, another man destined to be rapper,
or maybe a woman is destined to work.. I believe what feels right is what we destined for...
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 01:24:53 AM »
I believe everyone is destined to be something..for example...one man was destined to be a bum, another man destined to be rapper,
or maybe a woman is destined to work.. I believe what feels right is what we destined for...

LOL does that even make sense? So that bum just woke up one day and was like "i should be a bum... it just feels right"

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2005, 01:37:17 AM »

LOL does that even make sense? So that bum just woke up one day and was like "i should be a bum... it just feels right"

i'm just stating a point..hahahah..the reason that i put bum in there is because this man is lazy to do anything...probably don't know what he wants..ya know what i mean?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2005, 01:39:27 AM »
also..i meant..like...hahah ..i guess what i'm saying is that...a person feels right about doing certain things for example...helping others less fortunate...ya know? this person would feel like..."yea..i feel good about...yea..i think this is my callin."

Fuck You, Pay Me

• 'G'
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2005, 01:43:55 AM »

i'm just stating a point..hahahah..the reason that i put bum in there is because this man is lazy to do anything...probably don't know what he wants..ya know what i mean?

So that's the same as "feeling right about something"? LOL