Author Topic: Led Zeppelin?  (Read 482 times)

Sven

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • gangsta of art
Re: Led Zeppelin?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 06:37:38 AM »
Thanks for replies, i thought IV was pretty good but it was too short for me, even tho the songs were like 8 or 9 mins each I think 8 songs a lil.. low but arent all the albums like that? I was feeling some of the tracks but others got repeitive after awhile..but then again I haven't checked any of their other albums...

peace

u gotta remember, back when led zepplin released their albums, 8 or 9 tracks was pretty much standard. everybody in the music industry only put out 8 or 9 tracks an album, because they actually wrote and had to perform all of their songs. in rap and popular music, 19-20 tracks is pretty much standard because the times have definately changed - artists aren't really writing their 'music'...beats are created on computers...there are a lot of factors....

...and there wasnt even enough place for more music on one LPs
Drop down, do the eagle, fuck that Real gangstas just pull up they pants and lean back! - www.svenellerbrock.de

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 06:58:24 AM »
when the levee breaks is my favorite song by them

Oh yeah, The drums in "Levee Breaks" are off the chart. But they're best in my opinion is the whole album of Physical Graffiti, In my time of Dying, Black Country Woman, and Kashmir.

Diabolical

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 12:19:54 PM »
Even on rock albums now you dont get many with over 12 tracks on it.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 12:45:35 PM »
when the levee breaks is my favorite song by them

same here...old blues song 8)
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 01:54:42 PM »
So is their greatest hits cd any good?

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2005, 01:47:26 PM »
yeah i got it, its good.

its just a cd of all their popular songs, which you'd probably like.

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2005, 06:15:30 PM »
im going tonight to see a Zep boys concert

now for those of you who dont know, the Zep Boys are the worlds best Led Zeppelin ocver band. Ive seen them a couple of times before and they are fukn excellent.

if you closed your eyes, youd think you were listening to the original band play. even the singer hits all the high notes that Robert Plant did. theyre that fukn good!!

but it doesnt end there.......................tonights show is the first time EVER that led zeppelins music will be played accompanied by a FULL symphony orchestra.
you heard right........................the music of led zeppelin with an orchestra behind it. Think of songs like Kashmir, Rain song and countless others and how good theyre gonna sound with 30 plus musicians behind them

i cant wait!

will let you know how it went after the show
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2005, 07:20:28 PM »

now for those of you who dont know, the Zep Boys are the worlds best Led Zeppelin ocver band. Ive seen them a couple of times before and they are fukn excellent.

if you closed your eyes, youd think you were listening to the original band play. even the singer hits all the high notes that Robert Plant did. theyre that fukn good!!

but it doesnt end there.......................tonights show is the first time EVER that led zeppelins music will be played accompanied by a FULL symphony orchestra.
you heard right........................the music of led zeppelin with an orchestra behind it. Think of songs like Kashmir, Rain song and countless others and how good theyre gonna sound with 30 plus musicians behind them

i cant wait!

We have a band in Toronto called Michael White and The White, and they're a great Zep cover band too. They are even endorsed by Jimmy Page.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2005, 07:39:20 PM »
there something about cover bands that i dont like, id rather pop in a cd, then watch some band try to be led zeppelin, even if they sound similar

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2005, 08:42:43 PM »
there something about cover bands that i dont like, id rather pop in a cd, then watch some band try to be led zeppelin, even if they sound similar

well im never gonna get the chance to see the real Led Zeppelin

ive seen the Zep Boys before. they didnt disappoint and im just interested to hear them with an orchestra behind them. i dont think Led Zeps music has been done like that before.

should be interesting
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2005, 01:34:01 AM »

i cant wait!

I take it your from Adelaide too?

Yer i was going to go to that as well, except left it too late and the tickets were all sold out.

Let us know if it was any good
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2005, 04:51:25 PM »
even the singer hits all the high notes that Robert Plant did. theyre that fukn good!!

Pffft. I can hit the high notes Robert Plant did too.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2005, 06:29:24 PM »
even the singer hits all the high notes that Robert Plant did. theyre that fukn good!!

That's a joke right?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2005, 08:07:55 PM »

That's a joke right?

No, not at all. I find high notes easy to hit. Why, are they generally difficult for most people?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2005, 09:14:09 PM »
Ok so far I've listen to II, III, and IV..
II...thought was garbage
III... I actually enjoyed alot but I wish it was longer
IV...Loved half the songs, hated the other half

Now to listen to I, and the houses of holy album