Author Topic: Young Maylay's mixtape now available  (Read 1248 times)

Wild_Elmo

Re: Young Maylay's mixtape now available
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2005, 05:41:04 PM »
Maylay you're a pretty stupid person. You come out in a gangster game and release a mixtape and you think you're a legend. I think you're an asshole. Not because you turned down the interview, but the way you did it. I wouldn't support your shit simply for your cocky attitude alone. And if anyone wants this mixtape, PM me for a download link.

djdaze

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2005, 06:57:11 PM »
Maylay you're a pretty stupid person. You come out in a gangster game and release a mixtape and you think you're a legend. I think you're an asshole. Not because you turned down the interview, but the way you did it. I wouldn't support your shit simply for your cocky attitude alone. And if anyone wants this mixtape, PM me for a download link.

yeah and your attitude is SO much better. who the fuck are you exactly?

If Maylay doesn't want to do an interview then leave it at that.  All he did was say why.  It's true that dubcnn hasn't mentioned him once, yet they'll put up some east coast shit like Guru on the front page REAL quick.  Westcoast2k has been putting up writeups on him since January of this year...Lil J even designed the website.   Westcoastrydaz got at him over 3 months ago at the Rodney O and Joe Cooley show at the Century Club about doing an interview and they kept up and did that shit last week.  But dubcnn hasn't done ANYTHING...not one mention of anything, not when the game came out, not when the website went up, not when the mixtape dropped...NOTHING...just NOW..the day after the Rydaz interview goes up.  lame. 

I personally like Dubcnn as a site, and I've been disappointed that Maylay hasn't gotten any shine on here when other sites are so eager to do shit.  It's shit like that that makes me think all this site cares about is what other fools are doing.  I mean look at the front page, ya'll got a big ass spot for Empty Pockets???  those fools are from Albuquerque.  And some r&b singer from Canada?  I thought this was the WEST COAST news network.  yeah I know EP got Xzibit on their shit, but still.  You gonna put some shit like that up before you mention a full length mixtape style album from a dope up and coming West Coast artist AND it's featuring cats like King Tee, Rodney O, Threat, WC, Roscoe, and a gang of other fools???? 

boooooooo

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2005, 07:16:15 PM »

If Maylay doesn't want to do an interview then leave it at that. All he did was say why. It's true that dubcnn hasn't mentioned him once, yet they'll put up some east coast shit like Guru on the front page REAL quick. Westcoast2k has been putting up writeups on him since January of this year...Lil J even designed the website. Westcoastrydaz got at him over 3 months ago at the Rodney O and Joe Cooley show at the Century Club about doing an interview and they kept up and did that shit last week. But dubcnn hasn't done ANYTHING...not one mention of anything, not when the game came out, not when the website went up, not when the mixtape dropped...NOTHING...just NOW..the day after the Rydaz interview goes up. lame.

I personally like Dubcnn as a site, and I've been disappointed that Maylay hasn't gotten any shine on here when other sites are so eager to do shit. It's shit like that that makes me think all this site cares about is what other fools are doing. I mean look at the front page, ya'll got a big ass spot for Empty Pockets??? those fools are from Albuquerque. And some r&b singer from Canada? I thought this was the WEST COAST news network. yeah I know EP got Xzibit on their shit, but still. You gonna put some shit like that up before you mention a full length mixtape style album from a dope up and coming West Coast artist AND it's featuring cats like King Tee, Rodney O, Threat, WC, Roscoe, and a gang of other fools????

boooooooo

Now who the hell are you? I see Ras Kass, 40 Glocc, DJ Quik, DPG, Poppa LQ, E-A-Ski, N.U.N.E., Shade Sheist all on the front page. You act like there are only 2 articles up there. And read what Rud said about waiting to do a feature. Maybe you'll think before posting.

SGV

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2005, 07:16:40 PM »
We have mentioned Maylay before DJDaze... It may not have been lately, but we have mentioned him, so slow down. As for the whole "Day after the 'rydaz' interview goes up" thing... That's what we call coincedence. Rud, our owner, happened to notice Maylay's post that day and asked him.

You were quick to point out everything not West Coast (though were are more than just West Coast now), so here's the West Coast shit on the front page:

Ras Kass Puts Out Street Album - August 8, 2005 By : Jome

Dj Quik Talks about his "Trauma" Mixtape - August 8, 2005 By : Adon

Zoo Babies - Pop At Yo Homiez (ft. 40 Glocc) - August 7, 2005 By : Nima

Julio G Premieres New D.P.G., Bishop/Warren - August 7, 2005 By : Nima

The First Bay Area Rap Scene Awards Special - August 5, 2005 By : Nima

Lee Lacocca and Snoop Dogg Team Up - August 5, 2005 By : mrtonguetwista

Shade Sheist & N.U.N.E Drop New CD's - August 5, 2005 By : Rud

Exclusive: E-A Ski - The Resume (ft. Too Short) - August 4, 2005 By : Nima

Flii Stylz - Rize / Battlezone VIDEO [Download] - August 4, 2005 By : Nima

40 Glocc On The Anger Management Tour - August 4, 2005 By : Nima

I-Rocc Hooks Up With Mike Jones [Audio] - August 4, 2005 By : Nima

Exclusive: Sick Jacken, Blunts L.L.A. & DJ Khalil - August 3, 2005 By : SGV

Introducing: Dido Brown (Audio) - August 3, 2005 By : SGV

Kamikaze Tells His Life Story (Audio) - August 3, 2005 By : SGV

Exclusive: Kay9ine & 40 Glocc - "Still Breathin" - August 2, 2005 By : Nima

Kenny Kingpin (Formerly Known As Poppa LQ) - August 2, 2005 By : SGV

New Heat From Quiz - If Ya Part Of Me - August 2, 2005 By : SGV

Santa Ana's Boxx aka BH - Hater - August 2, 2005 By : SGV

Tyrant Da Don - Peep Game From Da Tyrant - August 2, 2005 By : Nima

Introducing New R&B Singer: Maskarade [Audio] - August 2, 2005 By : Nima

Bay Area's Charlie Manhattan To Drop Debut - August 2, 2005 By : Rud

Boo yourself because you must not be reading right. Lame.

21 out of the 25 most current updates are West Coast... Damn Daze... If you want Maylay on Dubcnn that bad, just holla, but don't try to throw dirt thats not there to begin with.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 07:19:03 PM by SGV »

djdaze

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2005, 08:19:57 PM »

If Maylay doesn't want to do an interview then leave it at that. All he did was say why. It's true that dubcnn hasn't mentioned him once, yet they'll put up some east coast shit like Guru on the front page REAL quick. Westcoast2k has been putting up writeups on him since January of this year...Lil J even designed the website. Westcoastrydaz got at him over 3 months ago at the Rodney O and Joe Cooley show at the Century Club about doing an interview and they kept up and did that shit last week. But dubcnn hasn't done ANYTHING...not one mention of anything, not when the game came out, not when the website went up, not when the mixtape dropped...NOTHING...just NOW..the day after the Rydaz interview goes up. lame.

I personally like Dubcnn as a site, and I've been disappointed that Maylay hasn't gotten any shine on here when other sites are so eager to do shit. It's shit like that that makes me think all this site cares about is what other fools are doing. I mean look at the front page, ya'll got a big ass spot for Empty Pockets??? those fools are from Albuquerque. And some r&b singer from Canada? I thought this was the WEST COAST news network. yeah I know EP got Xzibit on their shit, but still. You gonna put some shit like that up before you mention a full length mixtape style album from a dope up and coming West Coast artist AND it's featuring cats like King Tee, Rodney O, Threat, WC, Roscoe, and a gang of other fools????

boooooooo

Now who the hell are you? I see Ras Kass, 40 Glocc, DJ Quik, DPG, Poppa LQ, E-A-Ski, N.U.N.E., Shade Sheist all on the front page. You act like there are only 2 articles up there. And read what Rud said about waiting to do a feature. Maybe you'll think before posting.

I'm VP of MayLaynium Muziq...MayLay's company.  I did the graphics for the CD and recorded some of the songs as well as mixed some of the CD.  I'm not really trying to hate on ya'll, like I said I like the site...I check it for news all the time, but this is the only one of the "West Coast" sites that i constantly see East Coast shit on...I'm not even hating on Empty Pockets or the singer I mentioned...I actually know EP and the producers they work with, they're all from New Mexico like me.  I'm just giving examples.

Look, we've been noticing who decides to mention stuff and who doesn't.  It just so happens that ya'll didn't and that's cool but don't be upset that he doesn't want to do an interview.

If it's a coincidence, that's a shame because it made ya'll look like you couldn't let Rydaz get one up on you on a West Coast artist.  I can see from some of the signatures on this board that the dudes over there aren't exactly loved so you see where we might be suspicious.

Anyways, you guys failed to get my point.  I didn't need proof of all the West Coast shit on the front page...I was saying that you guys have stuff like that up BEFORE you have anything about Maylay up...which IS lame.  so booo back on you.

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2005, 09:05:19 PM »
If it's a coincidence, that's a shame because it made ya'll look like you couldn't let Rydaz get one up on you on a West Coast artist.  I can see from some of the signatures on this board that the dudes over there aren't exactly loved so you see where we might be suspicious.
I am not part of Dubcnn staff, so you can kill that noise.

djdaze

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2005, 09:51:00 PM »
I am not part of Dubcnn staff, so you can kill that noise.

I don't recall saying you were

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2005, 10:18:46 PM »
I can see from some of the signatures on this board that the dudes over there aren't exactly loved so you see where we might be suspicious.
There you go smartass. Why does the fact that I don't like styles fat ass make you suspicious? If I was part of Dubcnn staff that would be a different story.

SGV

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2005, 10:28:37 PM »
LOL @ The one signature making fun of WCRydaz here as ANY basis. Like I said, if you want Maylay on the site... Fine. If you don't... That's fine too. I'll live to see another day.

djdaze

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2005, 11:34:20 PM »
I can see from some of the signatures on this board that the dudes over there aren't exactly loved so you see where we might be suspicious.
There you go smartass. Why does the fact that I don't like styles fat ass make you suspicious? If I was part of Dubcnn staff that would be a different story.

why'd you quote me twice sayin the same thing? 

man, I don't know who you are...I don't know who's staff and who's not, but I never said you were.  I just said I saw the sigs when I looked in this forum.  Is it really that crazy to think that there would be some WCRydaz haters up in this forum?

and SGV...I haven't really peeped this forum fully so I apologize for mistaking one sig for a general consensus. 

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2005, 11:43:11 PM »
Whatup DJ Daze,

Im gonna be frank, i holla'd at YM in this thread as i saw him posting - i had not seen the WCR interview, i rarely check the site to be honest, i then saw that he had been featured there and then saw what was happening in this thread.

Dubcnn is so big and covers so much that i can hold my hands up and say "We dont do enough," "Theres more we could do" - cause there is, we miss people - we let things slip through the net - were human

We have featured YM in the past as SGV said, and we are so closely affiliated with WC2K and lil jay that i saw all the exposure he gave you and thought - "we can pick this up as soon as dude has product out and do a full expose feature - NOT a quick update on the main page - a thought provoking piece on new westcoast talent

My original post was not meant to offend or cause problems, just to extend a hand to a new westcoast act i happen to like. End Of.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Acgrundy

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2005, 11:57:34 PM »

boooooooo

I'm VP of MayLaynium Muziq...MayLay's company. I did the graphics for the CD and recorded some of the songs as well as mixed some of the CD. I'm not really trying to hate on ya'll, like I said I like the site...I check it for news all the time, but this is the only one of the "West Coast" sites that i constantly see East Coast shit on...I'm not even hating on Empty Pockets or the singer I mentioned...I actually know EP and the producers they work with, they're all from New Mexico like me. I'm just giving examples.

Look, we've been noticing who decides to mention stuff and who doesn't. It just so happens that ya'll didn't and that's cool but don't be upset that he doesn't want to do an interview.

If it's a coincidence, that's a shame because it made ya'll look like you couldn't let Rydaz get one up on you on a West Coast artist. I can see from some of the signatures on this board that the dudes over there aren't exactly loved so you see where we might be suspicious.

Anyways, you guys failed to get my point. I didn't need proof of all the West Coast shit on the front page...I was saying that you guys have stuff like that up BEFORE you have anything about Maylay up...which IS lame. so booo back on you.

you are vp?  I don't think you are doing such a good job.  no matter how big your ego is, no matter how big maylays ego is, truth of the matter is, NOBODY outside some people in the westcoast and some internet cats know who he is.  Hell, I'm way big into rap, and I didn't even know who he was till a couple of weeks ago.  I'll be the first to admit I don't really give a shit about new rap these days and I usually don't even check out the websites that often or even listen to new music.  but what does interest me a lot, and what I do have vast knowledge about is business.  young maylay is young and new to this business, he needs all the help he can get.  and with his attitude and yours, thats a real quik route to failure.  all dubcnn can do is help you guys, yet you both come on here with a cocky attitude, and whine like mutha fuckin bitches about no update on young maylay.  and then you come on here and argue with fools, point the finger, talk all this stupid ass website drama shit, blah blah blah.  Thats very fuckin professional.  Just imagine, like you said people on this forum really hated wcrydaz, and were straight down to the end for dubcnn.  and they see this thread and say fuck that shit, I ain't supporting young maylay.  a smart businessman would set his ego aside, and do what he has to do to get a feature on dubcnn.  and then be grateful for the feature and realize that he needs help in order to succeed.  thats free fuckin advertising, and you are basically saying fuck off to it.  straight dumb.  who fuckin cares if dubcnn has eastcoast acts on their page.  Thats their business not yours.  your business is promoting young maylay.  and from what I seen so far, you haven't started off on the right foot.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2005, 12:07:42 AM »
Man, this really needs to stop.

Can we get back to the music?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2005, 04:30:22 AM »
I'm VP of MayLaynium Muziq...MayLay's company.  I did the graphics for the CD and recorded some of the songs as well as mixed some of the CD.  I'm not really trying to hate on ya'll, like I said I like the site...I check it for news all the time, but this is the only one of the "West Coast" sites that i constantly see East Coast shit on...I'm not even hating on Empty Pockets or the singer I mentioned...I actually know EP and the producers they work with, they're all from New Mexico like me.  I'm just giving examples.

Look, we've been noticing who decides to mention stuff and who doesn't.  It just so happens that ya'll didn't and that's cool but don't be upset that he doesn't want to do an interview.

Anyways, you guys failed to get my point.  I didn't need proof of all the West Coast shit on the front page...I was saying that you guys have stuff like that up BEFORE you have anything about Maylay up...which IS lame.  so booo back on you.

New Mexico is no where near the east coast. Just thought I'd point that out. And I'm not going to go in to the news archives, but I did get a couple snippets of the mixtape directly off the front page. Quite frankly, I could care less if an Maylay wants to do an interview. This thread has given me a pretty good idea of how he is.

djdaze

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2005, 08:26:02 AM »
ok ok...this is getting stupid for real.  the best thing to do is squash this.

ACGrundy  - First off, nobody is whining, so dead that shit.  And nobody is pointing fingers or anything, I'm just explaining why people are reacting the way they are.  And I think you need to check exactly what a VP does.  I think what you're referring to is more PR or Promotions, which is something we're building right now.  I wouldnt' expect anyone outside of the West or the internet to have heard of MayLay because we haven't advertised outside of these areas yet.  We're working on it though.  You might have heard of MayLay sooner if DubCnn had done a write up sooner, (that was a joke, calm down).  But we do have sales in just about every country you can think of due to advertising with GTA websites and the strength of the fact that the game is so popular all over the world.

$ - Thanks for the geography lesson, I'm FROM New Mexico, it's 2 states over, it's called the Southwest. are you changing the name to SWCnn? (I'm kidding, ok no more smartass jokes I promise)

but seriously,  I reiterated my point before that our concern was the feature of artists outside of the West.  And if you did pull audio snippets off the front page then I stand corrected.  But if that's the case then why wouldn't we think that maybe ya'll just weren't interested since you did one writeup and never followed up.  And this thread should give you an idea of how MayLay is in this particular situation...read back in the thread and you'll see an artist mashing it up with his fans and giving them love for supporting.  He's a good dude, but he's an asshole if he feels slighted, as any grown man should be.  How many artists do you have up in this forum actively campaiging and replying to the fans comments?  I'm curious.

Rud - That's real talk, and to be perfectly honest we had no clue you were that closely affilated with W2K.  That would certainly explain things.  From our point of view you, rydaz and w2k all look like competitors.  I hope ya'll can see that.  So from that perspective, maybe you can see how we would be apprehensive about your timing.  We haven't been approaching anyone to do writeups because it seems to me you get a better writeup when the website or magazine comes to you...not vice versa.  A lot of times, you hit someone up to do a writeup and you don't even get a reply and that's when you REALLY start developing a "fuck them" attitude.  So it seems better to let cats come to you based on them hearing your material and deciding you're what they want to feature.  If we don't hear from someone we know they aren't interested.  make sense?  Now in this case, it's just a mixup, with us not knowing that you were so closely affiliated with a site that was already covering MayLay quite a bit.

I think this is a case of 2 parties not understanding each others perspective fully.  I know MayLay has nothing against any of you personally it was just bad timing and he reacted to it.  So like I said up top, the best thing to do is squash this and move on...as friends, not enemies.  The battle is fun but it's not worth the war.