Author Topic: Butch Cassidy......god dammit ! ! !  (Read 370 times)

The Big Bad Ass

Re: Butch Cassidy......god dammit ! ! !
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2002, 08:43:32 PM »

Yes--and you ..a goof on the internet..have a much better ear for talent.  ::)

LOL.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

S.G.V.

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2002, 10:33:22 PM »
butch cassidy makes that mystikal song tight....aside from butch mystikal is wack as fuck on that song...i would much rather see butch cassidy blow up outside of the dpg....let him be the first to really do that....and he is....

Billy_Dynamite

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2002, 12:02:05 AM »
OVER THE YEARS IVE NOTICED THAT SNOOP DOES NOT HAVE A GOOD EAR FOR TALENT.  WHO TOLD HIM THAT KOKANE WOULD BE A GREAT ADDITION TO HIS ALBUM FOR 9 SONGS.  IF YOU LISTEN TO OTHER PEOPLES ALBUMS AND LISTEN TO A SNOOP ALBUM LOOK AT THE BEATS, SNOOP NEVER HAS CLASSIC BEATS.  HE HAS GOOD BEATS BUT NEVER CLASSIC LIKE DOGGYSTYLE.  I THINK HE DONT LIKE TELLING PEOPLE "NO".  SOME OF THE BATTLECAT AND MEECH BEATS ARE JUST ALRIGHT, THERE GOOD FOR ONE LISTEN BUT I NEVER RUSH TO THE REPEAT BUTTON LIKE A DRE, OR NEPTUNES.  I DONT THINK SNOOP HAS A GOOD EAR LIKE DRE OR JAY-Z OR NAS.
LOOK AT ALL THE TALENT SNOOP LET GET AWAY. TECHNIQUE, TREY DEEE, BUTCH, NATE, DAZ, THINK IF THIS WAS THE DOGGYSTYLE LABEL.

You are right, people like Jay Z, and Nas choose better beats..But after i heard those Paid the cost to be the boss advances i think Snoop`s beats got better..And it`s cool he`s working with people like Just Blaze and Dj Premier, we already heard him over Battlecat, Fredwreck beats, let`s hear something new..
"Kurupt, the name's often marked for catchin slugs
and I smoke weed for the fuck of it
Ruff and rugged shit, it's unexplanitory how I gets wicked
but it's manditory that I kick it
Check it, I'm runnin hoes in 94, now must I prove it
Hoes call me Sugar Ray for the way I be stickin and movin"

themovie

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2002, 12:15:11 AM »
On the Paid the cost's advance there aren't dj premier and just blaze beats.
Butch Cassidy would be perfect on the doggystyle all stars instead of Kokane!
Do u remember the "up in the air" project SNOOPADELIC?
Kokane+Nate dogg+Butch Cassidy+La toya williams.....snoop said something about them as a group for doggystyle records.
These 4 cats together for an album......AWESOME but unfortunately,at the moment,just a dream.

Billy_Dynamite

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2002, 12:29:05 AM »
i know there arent premier and just blaze beats on those advances, but i said those beats (produced by meech, battlecat and fredwreck) we`re really improved, better beats than on the last meal...and it`s cool he`s tryin something new with premier and just blaze.

and yeah i like Butch Cassidy more, but i don`t think any of those artists can go solo and sell a lot of records, so 'Snoopadellic" would be cool, all those artists and talents together, that would be tight and probably sell too.
"Kurupt, the name's often marked for catchin slugs
and I smoke weed for the fuck of it
Ruff and rugged shit, it's unexplanitory how I gets wicked
but it's manditory that I kick it
Check it, I'm runnin hoes in 94, now must I prove it
Hoes call me Sugar Ray for the way I be stickin and movin"

Juice

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2002, 12:50:25 AM »
Butch is a talented cat for sure. But hold up.. best R&B album of the year? Platinum? Solo album? Hold on, hold on... dont exaggerate now. I mean.. we know this shit aint fresh no more. We noticed it with DJ Quik's album, and Nate Dogg's albums. And even with the Kurupt's last album. I mean... the industry aint probably ready to accept a solo album of Butch selling decently. That's the sad truth.

Right now the best thing for Butch to sell something is to work on Snoop's albums, or on Dr.Dre's and Eminem's albums, cause.. talking about sales... they are the only ones (with Pac) who still can sell well in the West.

Be real.

A solo album? With 99% of the rap fans not knowing him? I mean.. fans from Europe, white fans, NY fans, etc.. It will be another Bad Azz. I mean.. a flop.

Cause it's all about making commercial tracks with tight videos and getting airplay worldwide, probably with the first single with JaRule or Jay-Z. That's the truth.

Ask to an average non-Snoop Dogg fan: "who's Butch Cassidy?". Then write back here the answer.

Can you honestly release an album with fans replying "WHO?" 99% of the times?

BTW yeah, it's sad, cause Butch is a tight mofo. Great voice.

themovie

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2002, 03:29:58 AM »
He's signed to universal records and i'm pretty sure his album will be tighter than nate dogg's music & me.

"Ask to an average non-Snoop Dogg fan: "who's Butch Cassidy?". Then write back here the answer."

-Butch Cassidy was the most prolific bank and train robber of his time. After a term in prison (1894–96) Cassidy organized a group of outlaws, including the“Sundance Kid,” Harry Longabaugh, known as the Wild Bunch. From 1896–1901 the Wild Bunch robbed over a dozen banks and trains throughout the West, relying on their secret hideout, known as the“Hole in the Wall” for escape. In 1901, Cassidy and Sundance, with girlfriend Etta Place, fled to New York City and then Argentina. After several years of ranching in Argentina, Cassidy and the Kid continued their outlaw ways, robbing banks in South American countries, including Argentina and Bolivia. In 1908 the two were cornered by a group of soldiers in San Vincente, Bolivia. According to most sources the soldiers killed both Cassidy and Sundance, and rumors that circulated placing them in Uruguay or living out their lives under assumed names in the United States were subsequently proven false-

:D

PLANT

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2002, 04:34:21 AM »
Butch Cassisy is the fucking shit!

and as far as people comparing him to Nate Dogg...Butch's verses on "Cool" are just as good or better than anything Nate has ever laid down IMO...thats the smoothezt shit i ever heard right there ;D

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2002, 04:45:32 AM »
No doubt, Butch is tight, judging from Nate and Butch I guess talent runs in the family. I don't think he's quite on Nate's level but he's getting there. My fav. hook from Butch has gotta be from "G'd Up", classic.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.